IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Earth is 6,000 years old  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Earth is 6,000 years old

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2016 at 1:04am
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

Originally posted by Matt Browne Matt Browne wrote:

I'm surprised you're repeating this kind of nonsense promoted by Amercian born-again Christians. I don't see any contradiction between a 4,56 billion year old Earth and theism. Saying the Earth is 6000 years old is like saying the moon is made of green cheese.

It is nonsense to a person who is brought up in the pseudo Science world without having spirituality. The contradiction is that the idea of a 4.5 billions years old Earth is promoted by satan worshipping scientists without any actual proof. Carbon dating is just conjucture and a need to push their ajenda as science. There is NO way that anybosy could date the age of the Earth. If a scientist in a white coat told you that the Moon is made of green cheese then you would believe it. That's the difference between me and you.

Mentioning carbon dating in this context shows a lack of knowledge in this matter. The topic is the age of the Earth, not the age of a preserved iceman eating plants a couple of thousand years ago containing C-14 atoms. Perhaps you've never heard of elements such as argon and lead and where they come from.

Edited by Matt Browne - 24 January 2016 at 1:05am
A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2016 at 5:45am
Originally posted by Emettman Emettman wrote:

Unless it's fact, of course.

I'm going to have to take it that you are serious, though at the back of my mind is the thought that you are playing a prolonged joke.

Probably most troubling is you insisting that the world is not spheroidal and does not rotate.

Apart from the fact that would not give the weather patterns that we have, a minor but confirming detail, I suggest you ask an Arabic or other Muslim source how geostationary satellites stay up.

You see, you are believing what the science men tell you blindly without even thinking about it.
The weather patterns are created by the movement of the Sun around the Earth, and the winds that blow over the plane Earth, for example the low and high pressures and the jet stream etc. I suggest you go to youtube and search for 'the sun's trajectory over the flat earth' and this will show you brilliant graphics about the Sun and the Moon, how they traverse the flat plane(t) that we call Earth.

"The Arab Satellite Communications Organization (often abbreviated as Arabsat) is a leading communications satellite operator in the Arab World, headquartered in the city of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Arabsat was created to deliver satellite-based, public and private telecommunications services to the Arab States... [T]he organization plays a vital role of enhancing communications in the Arab World.

The Arabsat satellites are a series of geostationary communications satellites launched from 1985 through 2011. Some of the later satellites in the series remain operational in orbit, while others have been retired and are derelict."

Saudi Arabia do not have a space programme, hence theese 'satellites' are managed by India. By the way all the 'space faring' nations are in on the lie including India, China, Japan, ESA.

Now that works with a rotating spheroidal earth, and only with a rotating spheroidal earth.

Hence the Earth is NOT a spheroid!

Apart from how you'd get the satellites to stay up with a flat earth, why would you need more than one?

There are 0 satellites in space. It's ALL a con.

On a young earth, your claimed origin is so young that many methods go past it.
Ice core samples, involving no radiation-measuring at all happily go back 60,000 years.

That's before longer dates are brought in (nothing to do with irrelevant carbon dating, of course.)

I've already told, dating rocks do NOT work, it's impossible. Of course, you're going to come back with "he would say that wouldn't he?".
La Ilaha IllAllah
Emettman View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emettman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2016 at 9:33am
" By the way all the 'space faring' nations are in on the lie...."

And not one journalist or whistle-blower to make their name by breaking the story?

Everything pictured as being from the Hubble telescope, invented?
Yachts in round the world races having to average something like 35 knots?
Cape Horn to Western Australia is such a trek on a flat "map".

"You see, you are believing what the science men tell you blindly without even thinking about it."
Err, actually no. I'm used to checking the working on proposed ideas, and enjoy seeing how these rose and fell with argument and evidence through history.

"youtube and search for 'the sun's trajectory over the flat earth"
I did. I saw several I have rarely seen anything more hilarious, as long as no-one takes them seriously. Both major and blatant errors abound... talk about "believing blindly without thinking about it!"
"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GY0xhUOL3vM"
Spot at least three fatal problems with the text, the animation or conflict between them.
You'd have to be naively believing not to see them.

Do you really believe this flat earth idea?
I credit you with more intelligence than that, so lean towards the likelihood of you playing a game.
I call deliberate Poe.

Chris.

Emettman View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emettman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2016 at 12:20am
It gets even worse as you think about it.
(so somebody must be swallowing without examining)

No satellites since with no supporting mechanism they would just crash down onto the flat earth, as apples fall from trees.

So what's keeping the sun up?

Worse, the sun is supposed to be moving in a circle: just on a whim?   What force is creating this circular path, since moving objects with mass don't do that, having a natural preference, as Newton observed, for straight lines, unless acted upon by a force.

The sun staying up and moving in circles for no reason is hilarious. Or would be except for anyone taking it seriously.

Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2016 at 11:38am
Originally posted by Matt Browne Matt Browne wrote:

Mentioning carbon dating in this context shows a lack of knowledge in this matter. The topic is the age of the Earth, not the age of a preserved iceman eating plants a couple of thousand years ago containing C-14 atoms. Perhaps you've never heard of elements such as argon and lead and where they come from.

Carbon dating doesn't work. Full Stop. Period.
La Ilaha IllAllah
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2016 at 11:41am

Do you really believe this flat earth idea?
I credit you with more intelligence than that, so lean towards the likelihood of you playing a game.
I call deliberate Poe.

Chris.

A spinning globe Earth is a satanic lie! It doesn't make any sense at all. The Earth does NOT spin 1,000+ miles.
La Ilaha IllAllah
Emettman View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emettman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2016 at 1:44pm

A spinning globe Earth is a satanic lie! It doesn't make any sense at all. The Earth does NOT spin 1,000+ miles.

Rarely have I seen such a closed, fixed, position so firmly held on no solid ground at all.

No Satan required at all

You who rail at people believing without thought, scepticism or fair, questioning doubt; have you brought thought, scepticism or fair, questioning doubt against the flat earth or young earth models of earth and the solar system, or the cosmos as a whole?

Have you seen how many wild assumptions and extra entities have to be brought into play (or ignored!) to make these young or flat perspectives even seem to work?

I've twice been round the world. Looking at a flat map the air-flight leg times don't match by such a large degree that I don't need close detail
I've been to Australia twice.
THE STARS ARE WRONG.
(That's to a northern hemisphere dweller, on a spheroidal earth.)
On a flat earth the stars should look pretty much the same, looking up from Australia or the UK, because that's looking in almost the same direction. Think about it for ten seconds.

It may be that a *absolutely* literal reading of terms seems to imply a flat earth, but this requires a ruling brought in from outside as far as I can tell.
No metaphors, similes or pictorial language anywhere in the Qur'an?   I'd be very surprised.

But the world is round, and it spins, and gravity works.
(On a flat earth how do you get much more variation in day length through the year as you get near the North pole? The effect is clearly recorded in discussion on its effects on Ramadan at such latitudes.)

Edited by Emettman - 27 January 2016 at 4:06am
AaronKM View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronKM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2016 at 10:02am

This world in which we all live in is relatively young and not billions of years old as the fiction that is masquerading as science tells us. The first great civilisation that sprung up was the Chaldean civilisation in and around the area that is in the present day Iraq. This is where the earliest form of writing is discovered, and suffice to say this area is where the Noah's Ark landed after the flood (actually the evidence points to near Turkey) but we can picture the survivors moving to adjacent areas as the community grew larger.

I know that the Pseudo scientists will come back with the 'evidence' of the Earth being billions of years old as they can 'prove' it with their flawed dating techniques, but what they have is not an exact science. They will always try to push their atheist views on the unassuming public but people will always discern what is right and what is wrong as the need to have God in our lives is much stronger than a need to obey satan.

As Salaam Alaykum brother.

Having read most of the Quran, here is my take on it:

The Quran contains allegory. It says so in the verse 3:7. Most of this refers to verses that have more than one meaning. However, I am under the impression that some of the stories are allegory as well, meant to teach us something, and not necessarily a literal account of a historical event. Look at the underlying themes from Adam, for example. Made from clay, angels prostrated to him, gave in to sin, expelled from paradise. My take on this is that it was meant to teach us about man, and what man means to Allah.

We don't have to stick our fingers in our ears and yell "lalalalalalala" every time science contradicts a literal interpretation. In this sense, science actually teaches us about Islam.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic