IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Earth is 6,000 years old  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Earth is 6,000 years old

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emettman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2016 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

This world in which we all live in is relatively young and not billions of years old as the fiction that is masquerading as science tells us.

Unless it's fact, of course.

I'm going to have to take it that you are serious, though at the back of my mind is the thought that you are playing a prolonged joke.

Probably most troubling is you insisting that the world is not spheroidal and does not rotate.

Apart from the fact that would not give the weather patterns that we have, a minor but confirming detail, I suggest you ask an Arabic or other Muslim source how geostationary satellites stay up.

"The Arab Satellite Communications Organization (often abbreviated as Arabsat) is a leading communications satellite operator in the Arab World, headquartered in the city of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Arabsat was created to deliver satellite-based, public and private telecommunications services to the Arab States... [T]he organization plays a vital role of enhancing communications in the Arab World.

The Arabsat satellites are a series of geostationary communications satellites launched from 1985 through 2011. Some of the later satellites in the series remain operational in orbit, while others have been retired and are derelict."

Now that works with a rotating spheroidal earth, and only with a rotating spheroidal earth.

Apart from how you'd get the satellites to stay up with a flat earth, why would you need more than one?

On a young earth, your claimed origin is so young that many methods go past it.
Ice core samples, involving no radiation-measuring at all happily go back 60,000 years.

That's before longer dates are brought in (nothing to do with irrelevant carbon dating, of course.)

Edited by Emettman - 22 January 2016 at 3:31am
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2016 at 8:26pm

I read the first paragraph and just had to give it up. No wonder people like you are fooled all the time.

I had a similar reaction to the Quran.
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2016 at 1:29am

Originally posted by Tim the plumber Tim the plumber wrote:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/7937240/Oldest-house-in-Britain-discovered-to-be-11500-years-old.html11,500 year old building in Britian. Predates domestic animals. Predates farming. No cultivated plants. No planting of corn or anything like that. Different animals about such as giant wild cattle.

I read the first paragraph and just had to give it up. No wonder people like you are fooled all the time.

" The home is so old that when it was built Britain was still part of Continental Europe".

I take it you will not want to think about the geological record. All that rock and stuff that shows how and when the English Channel formed.

Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2016 at 8:33am
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

I had a similar reaction to the Quran.

Spoken like a true devil's advocate!
La Ilaha IllAllah
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2016 at 3:52am
Originally posted by Emettman Emettman wrote:

Unless it's fact, of course.

I'm going to have to take it that you are serious, though at the back of my mind is the thought that you are playing a prolonged joke.

Probably most troubling is you insisting that the world is not spheroidal and does not rotate.

Apart from the fact that would not give the weather patterns that we have, a minor but confirming detail, I suggest you ask an Arabic or other Muslim source how geostationary satellites stay up.

"The Arab Satellite Communications Organization (often abbreviated as Arabsat) is a leading communications satellite operator in the Arab World, headquartered in the city of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Arabsat was created to deliver satellite-based, public and private telecommunications services to the Arab States... [T]he organization plays a vital role of enhancing communications in the Arab World.

The Arabsat satellites are a series of geostationary communications satellites launched from 1985 through 2011. Some of the later satellites in the series remain operational in orbit, while others have been retired and are derelict."

Now that works with a rotating spheroidal earth, and only with a rotating spheroidal earth.

Apart from how you'd get the satellites to stay up with a flat earth, why would you need more than one?

On a young earth, your claimed origin is so young that many methods go past it.
Ice core samples, involving no radiation-measuring at all happily go back 60,000 years.

That's before longer dates are brought in (nothing to do with irrelevant carbon dating, of course.)

My friend all these satellites do not exist. 'Satellite' communication is based on ground based towers in the form of Radio Wave technology.

Carbon dating is a flawed science.
La Ilaha IllAllah
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2016 at 3:53am

I take it you will not want to think about the geological record. All that rock and stuff that shows how and when the English Channel formed.

You are right I don't want to think about the geological record because it is false. There is NO way these can be accurately dated. The english channel did NOT form about 11,000 years or so ago. It was formed when Allah Subhana wa Ta'ala created the Earth.
La Ilaha IllAllah
Emettman View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emettman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2016 at 6:42am

My friend all these satellites do not exist. 'Satellite' communication is based on ground based towers in the form of Radio Wave technology.Carbon dating is a flawed science.

Laugh Out Loud.
Do tell that to your Islamic colleagues at Arabsat who have been (according to them) sending up satellites since 1985.   

I also note the direction that parabolic satellite receivers are set on the sides and roofs of houses in the UK. There is there is no tower along their *narrow* line of reception. They point to the sky.

http://www.stc.com.sa/wps/wcm/connect/english/business/wholesales/wholeSaleNewsItems/stc-and-arabsat-launch-satellite-ground-station

At the above site, look at the direction of those Arabsat ground station dishes. What could they be pointing at?

Oh, and Carbon dating was of no relevance to any point I made. You have an obsession with it?
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2016 at 8:28am

You are right I don't want to think about the geological record because it is false. There is NO way these can be accurately dated. The english channel did NOT form about 11,000 years or so ago. It was formed when Allah Subhana wa Ta'ala created the Earth.

So the rocks in the ground are false.

Who chose to do all the work of making them appear like they have been formed through a long history of errosion and deposition?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic