IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Cats  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cats

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2006 at 11:41am

Wa alaikum salaam, Sister Mishmish,

Masha'allah!  Thank you for posting the story of the cat and Abu Huraiyrah!  I knew I had seen a story like this, but had forgotten most of it.  This time I will write it out in my notebook and then I will have it for future reference.  May Allah reward you for your effort.  Thank you!

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khadija1021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2006 at 12:34pm

Assalamu Alaikum

Sister Herjihad, nice thread.  I am a cat lover.  I currently have two indoor cats that happen to have both looks and personalities that are like night and day.  I know there is no hadith or such regarding the ability of cats to see Jinns or Angels; however, I believe they can.  According to experts, a cat�s vision is designed for detecting motion.  Although we cannot see Jinns or Angels unless they manifest themselves to us, we know they exist and that at least some of them dwell on earth amongst us because we are told so in the Qur�an and Hadith this is so.  I believe that one of my cats in particular is highly attuned to the presence of Jinn.   I say this because I have sit and watched him watching something as it moved around in the apartment I used to live in just as if he was watching a person walking around.  Sometimes, he would walk over to something he saw and then sit and look up at it in the same manner he would do with me.   I have since moved into my daughter�s home.  Without going into detail, I will say that since moving here, my cat has on more than one occasion been laying calming when all of a sudden he would get up and start chasing something around the room until he could get it trapped in the corner of the room.  My cat would literally be standing guard in the corner watching over whatever it was he had chased up into the corner of the room.  He would stay there as if ready to pound it if it should come down from the upper part of the corner where he had chased it.  The first time he did it, I thought he had chased some type of insect but after closely examining the area, I could not find anything.   I have done the same every time I have seen him behave in this manner and I have never found anything that would lead him to act this way.  Oh, I should tell you that this cat is extremely shy and is not one to normally act this way.  He won�t allow anyone, including myself, to pick him up and I am the only human being he will allow to get close enough to pet him; he is that shy and reserved and has been that way since I got him at 5 weeks of age.  He is now 6 years old.  I believe that what he chases are bad Jinn.   I like to believe that in his own loving way, he is trying to protect me from the malevolence of bad Jinn that may come close to me.  I could be wrong, but I have no other explanation for this so out of character behavior of his. 

ALLAH HAFIZ

Sister Khadija

Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
hakeema View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hakeema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2006 at 3:41pm

As-Salaam Alaikum,

I am a cat, dog, fish, bird, and all the animal of world lover.  I have a weakness for animals.  Just love animals, can't help it.  I have a fourteen year cat named poochie. I got her when I was fourteen year old.  She is so sweet.  Everytime when I get mad she just looks me and say everything will be fine.  I think cats(all animals) see and feel things.  I think we as humans are intuitive also.  After the tsunami hit on the news the locals were saying that the animals were acting strange before the tsumani hit.  I have birds to, a day before a thunderstorm they get quiet, they don't talk or do anything. 

I got a question though my husband bought the cat some catnip.  What in the world is in that stuff?  I let my cat smell it and she went nuts.  I took the bag of catnip from her because it was wrapped in plastic and she kept biting at it.  I didn't want the catnip to spill on the floor.  She got mad and bit me.  I tapped her on the nose lightly and took it from her.  She kept following me around looking at me like, where is the catnip, where did you put it.  So I put the catnip in the sock and she played with the sock.  I bought a catnip toy one time and she didn't like it. 

Hakeema

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2006 at 5:36pm

Bismillah,

Cool!  I had to give up my foster cat today because the agency found an owner, and I was sad for myself but happy for her. Reading your cat stories has made me feel better.  Thanks y'all!

Cat Nip is an herb that cats love.  This cat has it in her toys and she loves to bat them around the room!  I hope it's not bad for them.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2006 at 6:21pm

Assalamu Alaikum:

My cats go nuts over the catnip also. But their favorite thing is their feather and string on a stick toy. They never get tired of it.

My oldest cat Habibti is 11 or so, she was a shelter cat that adopted me 10 years ago and at that time they were guestimating her age.  In the last 1 1/2 years she has developed a disease called LPGS where she gets horrible ulcers in her mouth. There is no known cause, apparently her immune system just turned on itself. The bacteria around her back teeth are causing secondary infections, so after giving her all of the steroid shots that are safe we are going to have all of her back teeth removed Monday. Insha'Allah this will help. I am nervous because they will have to anesthetize her, but I am praying she will be fine.

My next oldest is my big orange and white boy MishMish, hence my name. He is shy and even though he weighs about 17 pounds, he is afraid of almost everything. I have friends that I have known for years who think he is a myth because they've never seen him.

Then I have my beautiful 5 1/2 year old Sukar. She loves to kiss and will give smooches to anyone. She's never met a stranger.

Then there's my big cameo boy Nimur. His mother is one of my stray cats that I feed. When we moved in here in 2001 she had just had a litter in the neighbors back yard. It was winter and all of the kittens had upper respiratory infections. 6 of the kittens died. I started putting food outside and she moved the rest to my yard so I was able to get them antibiotics and eye drops. Nimur's right eye was badly infected and is smaller than his left, but he is truly beautiful and likes to cuddle.

My baby is Hedeya. She was also one of the Mama cats kittens and I found her on the other side of my fence when she was 7 days old. She had the eye infection, but her eyes hadn't opened yet so her head was very swollen and I think the Mama cat had left her there to die. I used bar-b-que tongs to pull her through the fence and rushed her to the vet. She lost her right eye and the vision in her left is compromised, but she can see, Al HamdilAllah,  and she is the sweetest little girl. I bottle fed her from the time I found her at 7 days so she thinks she's human. She follows me everywhere and sleeps on my legs at night.

Well, that's my family and more than you probably wanted to know. They bring me so much joy and I thank Allah for them everyday.

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2006 at 7:37am
Never give catnip to a half bobcat.  'Nuff said.
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2006 at 10:45am

Animals are cool. They exist on different levels then we do. I also love elephants. They are quite sepctacular as well.

I have two cats. Recently I had to put one to sleep due to kidney failure and adopted another one from the Humane Society. So we are in a period of adjustment. They love the cat dancer toy. I brought to visit a friend and her cats were afraid of it. 

Somehow they just know not to walk on the prayer mat

I like this thread..

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2006 at 11:02am

Assalamu alaikum,

I forgot to tell you that my cat snores...really loud, many different, strange sounds!  She is very small, maybe 8 pounds, and looks more like a 7 month old kitten in size.  It is so funny when this big, loud sound comes out of her when she sleeps!

Also, she has never liked any toy that we bought her, she would rather play with stuff from around the house.  Some of her favorite toys are the small straws that come with a tetra-pak juice box, tin foil balls, shoe laces, and her very favorite - pen caps!  She will repeatedly bring you a toy to throw for her, when she is in the mood.

I don't give her cat-nip (she gets too "drunk" from it), but I grow it in my garden (it is a lovely flower!).  I always try to remember to rub my hand through it before I come in from the garden so she can smell it and have a few minutes of joy from its effects!

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic