IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - If the earth is cube  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

If the earth is cube

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: If the earth is cube
    Posted: 06 November 2015 at 8:15pm
If earth was a cube then from the shuttle or space station it would have looked like the image on this page:

http://news.discovery.com/space/what-if-earth-was-a-cube-110815.htm

The analysis on circulating around the Kaba for the 7 firmaments (heavens) may have validity. The location of the kaba is far more important than it's physical shape. Throughout history it's size and structure has changed - even today it's not a perfect cube.

Unfortunately, it's so misleading to invent a theory with no evidence (like the Swiss Astronomer did back in 1884) that it's shape is the same as earth.

Edited by semar - 07 November 2015 at 10:39pm
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2015 at 3:28am
The page does not work.

I thank you for your attempt to communicate to Abu.

semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2015 at 10:40pm
Try again, I fix the link.
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2015 at 10:48pm
@Semar

Thanks for standing up against this nonsense. Even more for a person from inside Islam.

Very appreciated: Airmano

Edited by airmano - 07 November 2015 at 10:50pm
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2015 at 6:12am
I think people have missed the whole point of my thread.

1) The Space Station and the space Shuttle do not exist.

2) The Earth is not cubed per se but if you look at the shape of the Ka'baa then we live at the top of it, the Earth being a square or a rectangle, hence the reason the horizon is perfectly straight.

3) NASA has been lying to the masses since it's inception.

4) Nobody ( NO BODY) has ever been in 'outer space'. It is impossible.

5) Nobody (NO BODY) has ever taken a REAL pic of the Earth from space, so even today in the 21st Century it is pure speculation how the Earth looks from space.

6) Stop believing in the statanic lies and OPEN your MIND!
La Ilaha IllAllah
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2015 at 11:53am
1, I have seen the intenational space station and other staelites going across the sky.

2, I have looked at the moon through a telescope and seen the shadows cast by the mountains on the moon.

airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2015 at 12:39pm
@Abul:

"I think people have missed the whole point of my thread..."

Not at all, I think we've perfectly understood!

Airmano

Edited by airmano - 08 November 2015 at 12:52pm
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
tinculin View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tinculin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2015 at 11:16am
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

In recent years people have begun to accept that not only is the Earth flat but the outer boundaries are circular. There is a problem with this hypothesis in that when we go up a few miles up in the air and we look at the horizon, it clealry shows that it is almost perfectly straight. A circular Earth would also have a degree of curvature.

Here is a little experiment that will falsify your claim without any need for space rocket wizardry.

1) Stand on a ship at sea level and look out to the horizon with a telescope.

2) Have a friend in another boat sail in that direction until he goes out of your view.

3) Now measure the distance between you and your friend (it will be around 3 miles).

This means one of 2 things:
A) The most powerful telescopes on earth can only see 3 miles
B) The earth is not flat (which by definition means it must be curved)

You can falsity A by doing the following:

1) Stand on top of a 100 foot pole on a ship at sea level and perform the same experiment.

You will be able to see your friend and if you measure the distance you will find that it is approximately 12.2 miles.

Conclusion
The maximum distance visible by a telescope is not 3 miles.
The earth can not be flat (because if it was, i'd be able to see someone at sea level the same distance away as if I was 100 foot up a pole)

Therefore, the earth has a curve & if you sail around it, you won't sail over any right angles..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic