IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Blasphemy Rights Day.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Blasphemy Rights Day.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2015 at 7:50am
Well, tell me something Tim, ever watch a good movie and cry during, or at the end of the picture? If not, do you also fail to comprehend why others may cry in a movie theater?

Edited by abuayisha - 09 October 2015 at 7:51am
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2015 at 10:06am
There are movies that I don't like to watch -- some because they are too sad, and some because I find them offensive or excessively violent or gory or whatever.  So I don't watch them.  Simple.

I don't mind if others watch them though.  That's their business.
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2015 at 8:46am
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

Well, tell me something Tim, ever watch a good movie and cry during, or at the end of the picture? If not, do you also fail to comprehend why others may cry in a movie theater?

Yes, I am very easily moved to tears by a tear jerker movie. Bit unmanly there...

But what has that to do with something I don't watch or need to hear about?

If I don't want to be so moved I just don't watch it.

Even when I have been so moved, I understand that it's just a story. I am never deeply motivated in the way the present civil war between Muslems is motivating me to do my very little best to stop it.

As a result of the death coming out of the Islamic world view at the moment I try to put hings in perspective. That's why I am on here. Or at least that's the biggest reason. I got kicked out of a different Islamic forum due to not wanting such a war to happen. I think they were Sunni but I could be wrong on that.

Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2015 at 5:13am
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/611231/Richard-Dawkins-in-extraordinary-blast-at-Muslims-To-hell-with-their-culture

'To hell with their culture' - Richard Dawkins in extraordinary blast at Muslims

In the same spirt, what do you care about what somebody else thinks about your god?

abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2015 at 8:12am
Originally posted by Tim the plumber Tim the plumber wrote:

Yes, I am very easily moved to tears by a tear jerker movie. Bit unmanly there... But what has that to do with something I don't watch or need to hear about?

It's called emotions, and for some reason I knew you weren't a Vulcan incapable of understanding why people are offended.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2015 at 9:34am

Richard Dawkins in extraordinary blast at Muslims

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=4&v=wotTSRBQLq0
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2015 at 10:29am

Yes, I am very easily moved to tears by a tear jerker movie. Bit unmanly there... But what has that to do with something I don't watch or need to hear about?

It's called emotions, and for some reason I knew you weren't a Vulcan incapable of understanding why people are offended.

But given the serious stuff happening in the world why does such hot air cause you to care about it?

Edited by Tim the plumber - 11 October 2015 at 10:34am
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2015 at 10:34am

Richard Dawkins in extraordinary blast at Muslims

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=4&v=wotTSRBQLq0

I watched it but I think I have missed the context of what the guy is on about.

What exactly does he think is imperialist/evil/not self aware about ardent atheists such as Dawkins?

Edited by Tim the plumber - 11 October 2015 at 10:35am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic