IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Youth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Fatwas and Acceptability of Islam in West  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatwas and Acceptability of Islam in West

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayPB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fatwas and Acceptability of Islam in West
    Posted: 16 January 2006 at 6:15pm

My opinion is that religion taught in this society is not adaptable to western society. And isn't that a sign of mental health, our ability to adapt??? So here you have these clerics, all over the world and cyber bloggers like you answering every dilema with "Western culture blah blah blah". The success of Islam in the Western countries will depend greatly on the communities' ability to adapt and apply Islamic values into Western society, not by finding rationalizations by scholars, and you know why, because they are anti-western!!! As far as abortion is concerned, I hope that the Muslim community WOULD jump on the pro-life band wagon, which is primarily Catholic and the pro-life communtiy would succeed more if it was more culturally diverse.

FYI: The concept of Fatwas is foreign to Christians in the West and I doubt readily accepted by even converts. Christians are more concerned with following by example and "bible study" or "Mass" included study of the other Phrophet's life, and stories from the Bible.

Scholars have elevated their status by saying that all previous books before the Quran have been altered with and full of lies. Way to cover their backs.

Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2006 at 9:32pm

Auzubillahi minash shaitan ir rajeem,

Bismillah ir rahman ir rahim,

MayPB,

You have brought up valid points for discussion. Your post has been moved into a new thread so it can get better response.

Peace,

Nausheen 

Edited by Nausheen
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2006 at 6:34pm

Bismillah,

May, I will not jump on that bandwagon as I find many of the behavioral patterns of the members unacceptable to my deen.  However, if someone proposes a prolife Muslim group, I would look into helping that seed grow.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic