IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The EARTH is a CUBE!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The EARTH is a CUBE!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 20>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2015 at 3:10am
Originally posted by Tim the plumber Tim the plumber wrote:

I thought you had decieded that this world was an illusion. If you are interested in the real world then you will need to start from it rather than starting from your own delusions and making the world fit them.

I've already said in THAT post that the believers have to participate in this world whilst doing their duties to Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala.

What I meant was that my first and foremost duty is to Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala where I try very hard to attend the masjid for prayers in time and afterwards to get on with my daily life. I have given up watching tv and movies, listening to music and using the mobile 24/7 (not that I ever did that).

The following Sura comes to mind.

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL
And keep yourself patient [by being] with those who call upon their Lord in the morning and the evening, seeking His countenance. And let not your eyes pass beyond them, desiring adornments of the worldly life, and do not obey one whose heart We have made heedless of Our remembrance and who follows his desire and whose affair is ever [in] neglect.
18:28
La Ilaha IllAllah
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2015 at 3:12am
Originally posted by airmano airmano wrote:

I stumbled over this sentence:
Quote The closer we get to the poles, the longer our days or nights become. They can eventually extend for up to several months each, making this verse, the fourth Pillar of Islam, impossible to practice without starving yourself to death. Again, this problem would not exist on a flat earth model.

No surprise that Abul moved closer to the equator.
It's all about keeping the suffering during Ramadan under control.

Smart !

Airmano

LOL you phool.

We've already covered this topic.
La Ilaha IllAllah
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2015 at 3:23am
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

I'm not sure I understand.� Do you think atheists are happier than Muslims?� I don't know whether that is true or not; but if you think being a Muslim is a great burden, perhaps you're making it unnecessarily hard.� The Quran is supposed to be Al-Yusraa, "The Easy Way" of living.

Of course you don't understand hence the reason you are an atheist. Atheists are miserable sods who constantly think about suicide because there is no contentment in their lives. Their collective hearts have a disease where they just could not accept THE CREATOR.

Being a Muslim is only a burden to hypocrites whose hearts are diseased. When one truly loves Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala and His final Messenger then Islam is the best thing since sliced bread. This is because acts of worship are not a burden but a pleasure. Getting up really early in the morning for Fajr prayers, fasting etc would be a real pleasure. :)

I suppose to some it will be a burden if they have to give up alcohol, gambling, women etc.

All that I have learned is not enough to convince me that God exists; in fact it has convinced me that He does not.� I couldn't choose to believe in God any more than I could choose to believe that 2 + 2 = 5.� I could pretend, I could be a hypocrite and say that I believe when I actually don't, but I can't change the inevitable conclusions I have reached in my own mind.Let me ask you again: Could you choose not to believe in God?

I have told you a thousand and one times that your heart and mind is sealed. You will not understand when you keep denying Him.

Of course you can choose to not to believe in God Almighty. You can believe in satan instead.

(I'm interpeting that first sentence as "No; one must choose".� I hope that's what you meant.)� It's not a question of what I prefer.� It's a question of what is true, in your or my estimation, based on the facts that you or I have been exposed to.Would I prefer 2 + 2 to equal 5?� Well, if I'm looking at my bank balance, then maybe -- but I don't think that's going to make much difference to my bank manager. [IMG]smileys/smiley2.gif" align="middle" />

It's not rocket science.

Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala has sent to all creatures his final revelation and it's all in there. You can find it if you look for it sincerely and with an open heart.

Edited by Abu Loren - 03 October 2015 at 3:24am
La Ilaha IllAllah
airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2015 at 6:01am
Quote Airmano
No surprise that Abul moved closer to the equator.
It's all about keeping the suffering during Ramadan under control.
Smart !

Answer Abul: LOL you phool.

Another dislike from Allah!
I think it's time for you to buy some fireproof clothing.

Warm greetings: Airmano

Edited by airmano - 03 October 2015 at 6:02am
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2015 at 10:20am
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

I thought you had decieded that this world was an illusion. If you are interested in the real world then you will need to start from it rather than starting from your own delusions and making the world fit them.

I've already said in THAT post that the believers have to participate in this world whilst doing their duties to Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala.

What I meant was that my first and foremost duty is to Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala where I try very hard to attend the masjid for prayers in time and afterwards to get on with my daily life. I have given up watching tv and movies, listening to music and using the mobile 24/7 (not that I ever did that).

The following Sura comes to mind.

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL
And keep yourself patient [by being] with those who call upon their Lord in the morning and the evening, seeking His countenance. And let not your eyes pass beyond them, desiring adornments of the worldly life, and do not obey one whose heart We have made heedless of Our remembrance and who follows his desire and whose affair is ever [in] neglect.
18:28

OK, so you do participate in this real world. That would be the same real world where I live.

The same real world where there are different time zones around the world because the sun rises and sets at different times around the world.

That would not be if the earth was not a sphere. In this real world. The one you participate in.

Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2015 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

Of course you don't understand hence the reason you are an atheist. Atheists are miserable sods who constantly think about suicide because there is no contentment in their lives. Their collective hearts have a disease where they just could not accept THE CREATOR.

You're saying we're "miserable sods", and yet in your previous post you described me as "happy in this world". Confused

Quote I suppose to some it will be a burden if they have to give up alcohol, gambling, women etc.

None of that would be a problem for me.  My biggest problem would be that I have to love a Being who wants to torture me in Hell for eternity if I don't love Him.  That's not a kind of love I can even imagine, let alone feel.

Quote Of course you can choose to not to believe in God Almighty. You can believe in satan instead.

Never mind me.  The question I'm asking whether you, Abu Loren, could choose not to believe in God.  If God Himself commanded you to stop believing in Him, could you do it?

So why do you think it's a choice for me, if it's not for you?
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2015 at 10:59am

OK, so you do participate in this real world. That would be the same real world where I live.

The same real world where there are different time zones around the world because the sun rises and sets at different times around the world.

That would not be if the earth was not a sphere. In this real world. The one you participate in.

You STILL don't get it do ya?
La Ilaha IllAllah
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2015 at 11:08am

You're saying we're "miserable sods", and yet in your previous post you described me as "happy in this world". Confused

Are you reallyhappy in this world? How can you be when your heart is empty. Put some 'soul food' in it and some faith as well.
Read the Qur'an with an open mind and in a language that you understand.

None of that would be a problem for me.  My biggest problem would be that I have to love a Being who wants to torture me in Hell for eternity if I don't love Him.  That's not a kind of love I can even imagine, let alone feel.

If you are sincere about your 'akhira' or afterlife and you want to live in eternity in hell rather than in hell then I'm afraid that you have to obey His Laws and Commands. Do you honestly think that somebody who lies, cheat and kills should be given Paradise?

Never mind me.  The question I'm asking whether you, Abu Loren, could choose not to believe in God.  If God Himself commanded you to stop believing in Him, could you do it?

So why do you think it's a choice for me, if it's not for you?

Yes, I can choose not to believe in God Almighty. But the consequences of that belief is hell fire.
I'd rather spent eternity in Paradise than in hell, so everybody has to work for it and earn brownie points and rewards. It's only fair isn't it? 
La Ilaha IllAllah
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 20>
  Share Topic