IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The EARTH is a CUBE!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The EARTH is a CUBE!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 20>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2015 at 3:56am
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

There are 354 days between the beginning of Ramadan 2014 (June 29) and Ramadan 2015 (June 18).� So were six months with 29 days, and six with 30 days in that period.From there till the next Ramadan in 2016 (June 7) will contain five months with 29 days and seven months with 30 days.There is no consistency at all.

The problem arises only when we use the Gregorian Calendar otherwise it's pretty consistent.

Your God seems like a bully and a tyrant.� Obedience I can understand, but how could you love someone who uses intimidation and threats to get his way?

It's His prerogative being the Creator. If you had real faith then you will understand that He is just warning you of the consequences of not following His commands. He sends His messengers and prophets as bringers of glad tiding and warners. You choose if you want the good news or the bad.

Godless, for sure.� But not faithless -- I have faith in humanity.� And heartless??� That's just insulting.

Ronnie boy one needs a clean and sound heart to have faith.

PICKTHALL
Save him who bringeth unto Allah a whole heart.

MUHSIN KHAN
Except him who brings to Allah a clean heart [clean from Shirk (polytheism) and Nifaq (hypocrisy)].

YUSUF ALI
"But only he (will prosper) that brings to Allah a sound heart;
26:89

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL
When he came to his Lord with a sound heart

DR. GHALI
As he came to his Lord with a sound heart,

SHAKIR
When he came to his Lord with a free heart,
37:84

PICKTHALL
Who feareth the Beneficent in secret and cometh with a contrite heart.

YUSUF ALI
"Who feared (Allah) Most Gracious Unseen, and brought a heart turned in devotion (to Him):

DR. GHALI
Who is apprehensive of The All-Merciful in the Unseen and comes with a penitent heart.
50:33

MUHSIN KHAN
Verily, therein is indeed a reminder for him who has a heart or gives ear while he is heedful.

PICKTHALL
Lo! therein verily is a reminder for him who hath a heart, or giveth ear with full intelligence.

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL
Indeed in that is a reminder for whoever has a heart or who listens while he is present [in mind].
50:37

You do.� You need evidence that your faith is the correct one.

I have evidence that my faith is the correct one otherwise I will be doing what you are doing. My proof? It's when I look around I see the mountains, the trees, the sky, the sun, moon and stars etc etc etc.

Of course I can.� That's why I'm not a Muslim. [IMG]smileys/smiley1.gif" align="middle" />

Isn't it really amazing? You gained ALL this knowledge and yet you can't see THE TRUTH. Yes truly amazing. :)

So how do these satellites stay up there for years and years?� Whatever the technology, it would be worth billions/trillions to anyone who sold it to the private sector.� Why doesn't anyone break the conspiracy and become a billionaire?� Apparently you have greater faith in humanity than I do. [IMG]smileys/smiley36.gif" align="absmiddle" alt="LOL" />

That's just it satellites do not stay up in space. It's just another illusion. Mobile/cell phones work by shortwave radio, hence the towers going up all over the place.

Your ignorant opinion is noted, and valued accordingly. [IMG]smileys/smiley2.gif" align="middle" />

Let's just say that your scientific world is brought down to earth by somebody proving that the earth is flat. How would that make you feel? Astronomy, quantum physics etc would be redundant. So will you be.

La Ilaha IllAllah
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2015 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

The problem arises only when we use the Gregorian Calendar otherwise it's pretty consistent.

It has nothing to do with the Gregorian calendar.  Sometimes a (lunar) month has 29 days, sometimes it's 30.  You've been watching the moon for a while now -- surely you know that.  It's hardly a convenient or consistent means of calculating time.

Quote It's His prerogative being the Creator.

I don't think it's anyone's prerogative to use threats and intimidation to get his own way.  IMHO that is the morality of a terrorist.

Quote I have evidence that my faith is the correct one otherwise I will be doing what you are doing. My proof? It's when I look around I see the mountains, the trees, the sky, the sun, moon and stars etc etc etc.

Mountains, trees, etc. are all equally consistent with Christianity, Hinduism, or even atheism.  It's not proof of anything.

Quote That's just it satellites do not stay up in space. It's just another illusion. Mobile/cell phones work by shortwave radio, hence the towers going up all over the place.

(Cell phones use microwave, not shortwave, but never mind.)  GPS works even in areas that are nowhere near a microwave tower.  How do you think they manage it without satellites?

Also, the International Space Station has been up there for more than a decade.  I've watched it pass overhead for years now.  Whatever technology makes that work ought to be worth billions to the private sector.

Quote Let's just say that your scientific world is brought down to earth by somebody proving that the earth is flat. How would that make you feel? Astronomy, quantum physics etc would be redundant. So will you be.

Don't be silly.  If someone provided actual evidence that the earth is flat, I'd be initially skeptical (of course); but if it held up under scrutiny, I'd be fascinated and thrilled.  Astronomy would not be redundant.  On the contrary, it would be busier than ever, figuring out how all that other evidence from decades and centuries past could be reconciled with the new paradigm.  It would be an unparalleled scientific revolution.

You really don't understand science.  It's not like theology, where dogma is defended regardless of the facts, and heretics are put to death.  We go where the evidence takes us.  Wherever it takes us.  Even if it shatters everything we thought we knew.  Especially if it does that. That's why it's so exciting and awesome! Thumbs%20Up

When Einstein revolutionized our understanding of matter, energy, space and time, it was the most amazing discovery of the century and maybe of all time.  Scientists were elated -- it was like having a whole new box of toys to play with.  

Not to mention new justifications for research proposals. Redundant?  No way!

Edited by Ron Webb - 30 September 2015 at 6:37pm
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2015 at 1:29am

I have evidence that my faith is the correct one otherwise I will be doing what you are doing. My proof? It's when I look around I see the mountains, the trees, the sky, the sun, moon and stars etc etc etc.

I thought you had decieded that this world was an illusion.

If you are interested in the real world then you will need to start from it rather than starting from your own delusions and making the world fit them.

Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2015 at 3:05am

I don't think it's anyone's prerogative to use threats and intimidation to get his own way.  IMHO that is the morality of a terrorist.

To an unbeliever it may look like threats and intimidation but to a believer it's just a warning. Either do this or go to hell.

You might be interested to know that the majority of human beings throughout history, today and in the future will go your way. Theyd rather choose hell rather than heaven. Amazing.

Don't be silly.  If someone provided actual evidence that the earth is flat, I'd be initially skeptical (of course); but if it held up under scrutiny, I'd be fascinated and thrilled.  Astronomy would not be redundant.  On the contrary, it would be busier than ever, figuring out how all that other evidence from decades and centuries past could be reconciled with the new paradigm.  It would be an unparalleled scientific revolution.

I see so you like sitting on the fence, be careful you might fall off! 
La Ilaha IllAllah
airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2015 at 12:43pm
I stumbled over this sentence:
Quote The closer we get to the poles, the longer our days or nights become. They can eventually extend for up to several months each, making this verse, the fourth Pillar of Islam, impossible to practice without starving yourself to death. Again, this problem would not exist on a flat earth model.

No surprise that Abul moved closer to the equator.
It's all about keeping the suffering during Ramadan under control.

Smart !

Airmano

Edited by airmano - 01 October 2015 at 12:43pm
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2015 at 2:42pm

To an unbeliever it may look like threats and intimidation but to a believer it's just a warning. Either do this or go to hell.

Sounds a lot like the Taliban to me.

Quote You might be interested to know that the majority of human beings throughout history, today and in the future will go your way. Theyd rather choose hell rather than heaven. Amazing.

As I keep telling you, it's not a choice.  Could you choose not to believe?

Quote I see so you like sitting on the fence, be careful you might fall off!

The nice thing about sitting on the fence is that you have a clear view of both sides and can maintain a balanced perspective.  That's why science works, and why religion does not.
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2015 at 3:03am

Sounds a lot like the Taliban to me.

It would to you because you know absolutely nothing though you've been learning about Islam. This is because there is a veil over your heart, you will not understand.

There is no compulsion in religion and any Muslim can denounce his faith any time he wants to and become like you, happy in this world. It takes dedication, obedience and a heck of a lot of patience to be Muslim. It is NOT for everybody.

As I keep telling you, it's not a choice.� Could you choose not to believe?

Of course you can. That's what you are doing. You are denying all that you've learned. The TRUTH from your Lord is simply beautiful.

The nice thing about sitting on the fence is that you have a clear view of both sides and can maintain a balanced perspective.� That's why science works, and why religion does not.

No one MUST choose sides. You have to weigh up the pro's and con's of being a Muslim of not being a Muslim. Do you like what satan offers you or what your Creator offers you?
La Ilaha IllAllah
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2015 at 1:05pm

There is no compulsion in religion and any Muslim can denounce his faith any time he wants to and become like you, happy in this world. It takes dedication, obedience and a heck of a lot of patience to be Muslim. It is NOT for everybody.

I'm not sure I understand.  Do you think atheists are happier than Muslims?  I don't know whether that is true or not; but if you think being a Muslim is a great burden, perhaps you're making it unnecessarily hard.  The Quran is supposed to be Al-Yusraa, "The Easy Way" of living.

Quote Of course you can. That's what you are doing. You are denying all that you've learned. The TRUTH from your Lord is simply beautiful.

All that I have learned is not enough to convince me that God exists; in fact it has convinced me that He does not.  I couldn't choose to believe in God any more than I could choose to believe that 2 + 2 = 5.  I could pretend, I could be a hypocrite and say that I believe when I actually don't, but I can't change the inevitable conclusions I have reached in my own mind.

Let me ask you again: Could you choose not to believe in God?

Quote No one MUST choose sides. You have to weigh up the pro's and con's of being a Muslim of not being a Muslim. Do you like what satan offers you or what your Creator offers you?

(I'm interpeting that first sentence as "No; one must choose".  I hope that's what you meant.)  It's not a question of what I prefer.  It's a question of what is true, in your or my estimation, based on the facts that you or I have been exposed to.

Would I prefer 2 + 2 to equal 5?  Well, if I'm looking at my bank balance, then maybe -- but I don't think that's going to make much difference to my bank manager.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 20>
  Share Topic