IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The EARTH is a CUBE!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The EARTH is a CUBE!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 20>
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2015 at 2:12pm
Abu,

Do you understand how navigation works?

I know that you do not, so really it's a bit unfair to ask, but people have been sailing to distant islands out of site of any other place and finding them time and again for several centuries. They have been able to do so by using maths based on the idea that the world is a sphere. That it is rotating. That the Sun and the stars are far away.

If you fly up to high altitude, higher than a normal comercial passenger jet, you can begin to see the curvature of the earth.

P.S. To all others; The agrument for there being any sort of God holds no more water in my mind that Abu's talk about the shape of the earth. All equally silly.

Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2015 at 3:21am
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

So you just made it up yourself.� Or are you saying that Allah gave you this knowledge, i.e. that you are a prophet?

I put 2 and 2 together and came up with the answer 4.

By watching that video it seemed obvious to me that Allsh Subhana Wa Ta'ala made the Ka'baa right bang in the centre of the earth depicting the dimensions of the earth. This is how the earth looks if you view it from outside of the earth which is not possible for human beings. Also the reason that people are ordered to make tawaf seven times around the Ka'baa means that it is one circulation per earth. There are seven earth's in seven heavens. The original Ka'baa in heaven. All of these are perfectly in line.

I am not a prophet that would take me out of the fold of Islam if I claim to be a prophet. Far from it, people who know me probably say that I am an AH. :P

How can somebody challenge you "in a religious way" unless this is a religious idea?� And if it is a religious idea, then it is clearly an innovation (bid'ah).

What I meant was that people like you know next to nothing about Islam and are not 'spiritual' people so it is pointless debating religious things with your types.

I wanted somebody who knows and perhaps studied Islam, even basic knowledge and challenge my thread. Certainly claiming that the Ka'baa is a blueprint of the earth is a bold statement, so I want somebody to pick the things that they think are preposterous from my thread.

It takes about five seconds to Google "father of Abraham" and get the answer: according to the Bible, Terah; according to the Quran, Azar.� So what is our point?

Exactly, you had to 'google' it to find out. A religious person would have known the answer instantly without such tools. You guys have to search and decipher information from the internet to challenge a religious statement.
La Ilaha IllAllah
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2015 at 3:30am
Originally posted by Tim the plumber Tim the plumber wrote:

Abu,Do you understand how navigation works?I know that you do not, so really it's a bit unfair to ask, but people have been sailing to distant islands out of site of any other place and finding them time and again for several centuries.They have been able to do so by using maths based on the idea that the world is a sphere. That it is rotating. That the Sun and the stars are far away.

Timothy no offence but debating with you is like talking to a five year old child who is just beginning to know the ways of the world.

Yes people have been traversing the seas for a few millennium without using maps but using the stars. The earth does not have to be a 'sphere' for somebody to go from A to B. If you look at the flat earth map that I provided, you will see that it is possible to travel the world without the earth being flat. If you put modern sailing or shipping char ton top of the flat earth it will fit nicely.

If you fly up to high altitude, higher than a normal comercial passenger jet, you can begin to see the curvature of the earth. P.S. To all others; The agrument for there being any sort of God holds no more water in my mind that Abu's talk about the shape of the earth. All equally silly.

I've already said that all the photos that exist today of the earth are hoaxes. Nobody has yet taken a photo of the earth from 'outer space' because it is not possible for human beings to venture into outer space. If they ever do then what they will find is the earth being a cubical shape and we are at the top of it and bordered by either a square or a rectangular 'edge'.
La Ilaha IllAllah
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2015 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

By watching that video it seemed obvious to me that Allsh Subhana Wa Ta'ala made the Ka'baa right bang in the centre of the earth depicting the dimensions of the earth. This is how the earth looks if you view it from outside of the earth which is not possible for human beings. Also the reason that people are ordered to make tawaf seven times around the Ka'baa means that it is one circulation per earth. There are seven earth's in seven heavens. The original Ka'baa in heaven. All of these are perfectly in line.

"It seemed obvious"?  The number 7 occurs over and over again in the Quran and in Islamic mythology generally; but this has nothing to do with the shape of the earth, and there is nothing in the video that even suggests it.  You are asserting that the earth is a cube based on nothing more than your own authority.

Quote I am not a prophet that would take me out of the fold of Islam if I claim to be a prophet.

Exactly.  But if you are making assertions about religious matters on no other authority than your own, then you are walking a dangerous line.  Not that the shape of the earth is a religious matter, but you seem to think so.

Quote Exactly, you had to 'google' it to find out. A religious person would have known the answer instantly without such tools. You guys have to search and decipher information from the internet to challenge a religious statement.

How does knowing the name of Abraham's father help us to understand the shape of the earth?

Originally posted by Abu Loren (responding to Tim) Abu Loren (responding to Tim) wrote:

I've already said that all the photos that exist today of the earth are hoaxes. Nobody has yet taken a photo of the earth from 'outer space' because it is not possible for human beings to venture into outer space.

They're all hoaxes?  You mean not just NASA, but the Chinese are part of this "hoax"?  And Europe?  And India?  And Russia??

Gosh, it's hard to imagine all these countries cooperating on anything, let alone a global conspiracy of this magnitude. LOL

Edited by Ron Webb - 26 September 2015 at 7:47pm
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2015 at 6:01am

"It seemed obvious"?  The number 7 occurs over and over again in the Quran and in Islamic mythology generally; but this has nothing to do with the shape of the earth, and there is nothing in the video that even suggests it.  You are asserting that the earth is a cube based on nothing more than your own authority.

There are people who claim that the earth is like a spinning top, with the foundation of the earth going down to miles below ground. Also there are myths from various religions that depict a flat earth on top of a structure. For example, the vedic 'Disc World' depicts the earth situated on top of turtles. I believe all of these originate from the one true religion of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala when there was only one religion then peopel began to divide and go their seperate ways then they began to 'imagine' or add to the original religion which is Islam.

You answer this then. Why do pilgrims go aorund the Ka'baa seven times anti-clockwise?

Islam is is not a myth. It is the only True religion of God Almighty.

I am asserting that the earth is a cube by deducing that the Ka'baa is a blue print of the shape of the earth. I know that many people will be laughing at this idea but hey...  

If you look at the video you will see that viewing from the top it looks like the people are like stars going around the earth.

Exactly.  But if you are making assertions about religious matters on no other authority than your own, then you are walking a dangerous line.  Not that the shape of the earth is a religious matter, but you seem to think so.

I am not making assertions about religious matters, I don't have the authority. The shape of the earth is a religious matter in the sense that if I am right, then the Ka'baa proves the existence of God Almighty. It means that He deliberately put the shape f the earth at the centre of the world in Mecca, Saudi Arabia.

How does knowing the name of Abraham's father help us to understand the shape of the earth?

It was just a test. You and other atheists love to argue on religious matters when you have not knowldege, not even the basics. You guys quickly consult sheikh google to find out what we are talking about then come back and argue with us like you are experts.

They're all hoaxes?  You mean not just NASA, but the Chinese are part of this "hoax"?  And Europe?  And India?  And Russia??

Gosh, it's hard to imagine all these countries cooperating on anything, let alone a global conspiracy of this magnitude. LOL

What's so funny? Of course it's a global conspiracy. Anybody that says that the earth is a globe and that they have a 'space programme' are not telling the truth.

These rockets that they love to show us going up can only go up so high then they have to come down. The coming down part we don't get to see. There is a limit to how high we go can go up.

It's all fantasy. And good tv time and advertisement for their respective space bodies so that they can grab as much funding as possible by defrauding their respective citizens.
La Ilaha IllAllah
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2015 at 11:59am

Abu,Do you understand how navigation works?I know that you do not, so really it's a bit unfair to ask, but people have been sailing to distant islands out of site of any other place and finding them time and again for several centuries.They have been able to do so by using maths based on the idea that the world is a sphere. That it is rotating. That the Sun and the stars are far away.

Timothy no offence but debating with you is like talking to a five year old child who is just beginning to know the ways of the world.

Yes people have been traversing the seas for a few millennium without using maps but using the stars. The earth does not have to be a 'sphere' for somebody to go from A to B. If you look at the flat earth map that I provided, you will see that it is possible to travel the world without the earth being flat. If you put modern sailing or shipping char ton top of the flat earth it will fit nicely.

If you fly up to high altitude, higher than a normal comercial passenger jet, you can begin to see the curvature of the earth. P.S. To all others; The agrument for there being any sort of God holds no more water in my mind that Abu's talk about the shape of the earth. All equally silly.

I've already said that all the photos that exist today of the earth are hoaxes. Nobody has yet taken a photo of the earth from 'outer space' because it is not possible for human beings to venture into outer space. If they ever do then what they will find is the earth being a cubical shape and we are at the top of it and bordered by either a square or a rectangular 'edge'.

People have indeed been traveling about in ships for thousands of years but they have not been happy going away from the sight of land for that long.

The ability of European sailors to navigate about the world was a major change in the world's ecconomy and power balance. This was achieved by understanding that the world is a sphere which rotates.

Making up drivel is not a reasonable substitute for actually looking at the real world and working out how it works.

Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2015 at 2:26pm

You answer this then. Why do pilgrims go aorund the Ka'baa seven times anti-clockwise?

I suppose because Muhammad did.  As for why he chose the number 7, probably because that number has always (as far back as we can go) had mystical significance.

As for why seven has such significance, I've often wondered about it.  It seems to have originated with the seven day week, which (sort of) divides the lunar month into four equal parts.  A four week, 28 day month might have been a compromise between the sidereal month (the revolution of the moon measured against the stars) of 27.3 days and the synodic month (the phases of the moon, or its motion relative to the sun) of 29.5 days.  But I suppose we'll never know for sure.

Quote If you look at the video you will see that viewing from the top it looks like the people are like stars going around the earth.

Or like stars revolving in a galaxy, or like clouds around a low pressure system, or water going down a drain.  Or buzzards circling a fresh kill.  Lots of things move in a circle.

Quote I am not making assertions about religious matters, I don't have the authority. The shape of the earth is a religious matter in the sense that if I am right, then the Ka'baa proves the existence of God Almighty. It means that He deliberately put the shape f the earth at the centre of the world in Mecca, Saudi Arabia.

Okay, but if that is your goal, then you can't use religious authority to prove the validity of that religious authority.  If you have evidence that the earth is a cube, and you then find a religious authority that predicted it, then you would have solid evidence (though not necessarily proof) of the validity of that authority.  But to start with the opinion of a religious scholar makes the whole thing circular.

Quote It was just a test. You and other atheists love to argue on religious matters when you have not knowldege, not even the basics. You guys quickly consult sheikh google to find out what we are talking about then come back and argue with us like you are experts.

I would never pretend to be an expert on the Quran, or on Islam.  I'm a lot like Wikipedia: every potentially controversial fact I present is backed up by solid references to legitimate authorities.  If I neglect to meet that standard, I would be pleased to have that pointed out to me.

Quote What's so funny? Of course it's a global conspiracy. Anybody that says that the earth is a globe and that they have a 'space programme' are not telling the truth.

There are more than sixty countries directly involved in this "conspiracy" (including Iran, Saudi Arabia, and several other Muslim countries), and thousands more public and private agencies with the capability of tracking space flights.  Even Kettering Grammar School is apparently in on it.

Quote These rockets that they love to show us going up can only go up so high then they have to come down. The coming down part we don't get to see. There is a limit to how high we go can go up.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before, but you can actually watch the International Space Station as it regularly passes overhead.  Go to http://spotthestation.nasa.gov/ to sign up for email alerts about twelve hours before it appears.  It's very bright and its motion makes it quite obvious -- you can't miss it.

Quote It's all fantasy. And good tv time and advertisement for their respective space bodies so that they can grab as much funding as possible by defrauding their respective citizens.

Why couldn't they grab as much funding by telling the truth?  They're obviously doing something worth paying for.  They have the communications technology, meteorological services, navigational devices, aerial photos, etc., to prove it.  Why would they lie about the methodology?

Shucks, anyone involved in this conspiracy could become an instant celebrity and probably a millionaire by going public with the details and the evidence.  And yet nobody does.  Isn't that just a bit odd?
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2015 at 3:36am

I suppose because Muhammad did.� As for why he chose the number 7, probably because that number has always (as far back as we can go) had mystical significance.As for why seven has such significance, I've often wondered about it.� It seems to have originated with the seven day week, which (sort of) divides the lunar month into four equal parts.� A four week, 28 day month might have been a compromise between the sidereal month (the revolution of the moon measured against the stars) of 27.3 days and the synodic month (the phases of the moon, or its motion relative to the sun) of 29.5 days.� But I suppose we'll never know for sure.

Yes because Muhammad (SalAllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) did it. He does not do things out of his own desire, everything he did had a reason. Unfortunately some of these reasons are lost or he never explained them to his sahaba or companions. Like why he kissed the black stone. Thje moon is created for it's light at night and for calculating time. The Prophet (SalAllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) said there are 30 days in a month.

Or like stars revolving in a galaxy, or like clouds around a low pressure system, or water going down a drain.� Or buzzards circling a fresh kill.� Lots of things move in a circle.

Yes but not deliberately in an anti-clockwise direction. Stars do not revolve around a galaxy because galaxies do not exist. Stars move around the earth. :)

Okay, but if that is your goal, then you can't use religious authority to prove the validity of that religious authority.� If you have evidence that the earth is a cube, and you then find a religious authority that predicted it, then you would have solid evidence (though not necessarily proof) of the validity of that authority.� But to start with the opinion of a religious scholar makes the whole thing circular.

My goal terrifies people like you, faithless, heartless atheists who deny the Creator. If the Ka'baa is indeed a blueprint for the earth then that validates the reason to believe in a Creator because only the Creator will make that blueprint of the earth right smack in the middle of the earth.

I would never pretend to be an expert on the Quran, or on Islam.� I'm a lot like Wikipedia: every potentially controversial fact I present is backed up by solid references to legitimate authorities.� If I neglect to meet that standard, I would be pleased to have that pointed out to me.

What I meant was that if a Muslim make a religious point on this forum then you guys just simply google it to find out what the heck he is talking about then you present their facts. Not based on your own knowledge.

There are more than sixty countries directly involved in this "conspiracy" (including Iran, Saudi Arabia, and several other Muslim countries), and thousands more public and private agencies with the capability of tracking space flights.� Even Kettering Grammar School is apparently in on it.

The only real space programmes are conducted by the countries you mentioned earlier. The rest are followers rather than doers. They open up a science book and think they are following real science but they can only do so much.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before, but you can actually watch the International Space Station as it regularly passes overhead.� Go to http://spotthestation.nasa.gov/ to sign up for email alerts about twelve hours before it appears.� It's very bright and its motion makes it quite obvious -- you can't miss it.

Yes but I believe the guys who say that the whole thing is a toy with a camera attached.

Why couldn't they grab as much funding by telling the truth?� They're obviously doing something worth paying for.� They have the communications technology, meteorological services, navigational devices, aerial photos, etc., to prove it.� Why would they lie about the methodology?Shucks, anyone involved in this conspiracy could become an instant celebrity and probably a millionaire by going public with the details and the evidence.� And yet nobody does.� Isn't that just a bit odd?

Not odd at all. Any sane scientist who goes public will be ridiculed by the whole world then he will never work again as a mainstream scientist. So it's safer to go with the flow than 'rock the boat'.

Edited by Abu Loren - 28 September 2015 at 3:38am
La Ilaha IllAllah
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 20>
  Share Topic