IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - a Surah the like thereof  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

a Surah the like thereof

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 54>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2015 at 1:27pm
Wow Ron !

I'm impressed: You just won a 1400 Years old contest !

Congratulations: Airmano
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
The Saint View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2015 at 8:31am
I told you already that the poem I posted the other day is better than any surah of the Quran.

I know what you said. I do not remember if I responded but I must say that you do not know what you are talking about.

I think you should first learn Finish in all its subtleties, to really comprehend nuances, depth and alternative meanings of the words of this magnificent language.

At present, I have no interest in Finnish. Although, I am sure it is a good language. However, the the subject of our discussion is Arabic. Quranic Arabic, to be precise.
Invite [all] to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching;
and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious
The Saint View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2015 at 8:43am
Here you go. I've only provided one example of each, but in most cases there are several examples to choose from. There are also numerous rhetorical devices not mentioned by Tzortrzis. I'm not sure if this was supposed to be a complete list or merely illustrative. In any case, they are easy enough to find.

You have forgotten to quote full references for all your quotes. Can you kindly do that.
airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2015 at 10:40am
Quote The Saint
the subject of our discussion is Arabic. Quranic Arabic, to be precise.

No, look at the title of the thread first before writing such nonsense.

Airmano

Edited by airmano - 09 October 2015 at 10:40am
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2015 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by The Saint The Saint wrote:

You have forgotten to quote full references for all your quotes. Can you kindly do that.

I'm not sure what references you're looking for.  The quotes are obviously from the "surah" itself, which is contained in the opening post, along with a link to the source.
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
The Saint View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2015 at 6:52am
The Noble Quran is in Arabic and its Surahs are also in Arabic.

And the subject "a Surah the like thereof" is also in Arabic. So, think before you speak. Always.
The Saint View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2015 at 6:56am
I'm not sure what references you're looking for. The quotes are obviously from the "surah" itself, which is contained in the opening post, along with a link to the source.

I want the reference from the Quran for the verse you have quoted while defining the alleged various criteria of Quranic imitability.
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2015 at 8:41am
Originally posted by The Saint The Saint wrote:

I want the reference from the Quran for the verse you have quoted while defining the alleged various criteria of Quranic imitability.

Aside from a passing mention of Quran 24:35 under "Conceptual relatedness", I don't think I quoted from the Quran.  The alleged criteria were yours, which you copied from Tzortis.

C'mon, Mr. Saint.  You're stalling.  Airmano says I won the contest!  When do I get my prize?
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 54>
  Share Topic