IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - the shroud is back  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

the shroud is back

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yesha` Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: the shroud is back
    Posted: 31 March 2005 at 9:26pm
All though the news is a little dated.  The carbon dating on the shroud is proven to be invalid.

http://www.factsplusfacts.com/

believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2008 at 7:42pm

I find the whole hisotry of the shroud very interesting.

John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2008 at 6:23am

I watched a documentary on the Jesus' shroud, the shroud of Turin, very interesting.

I don't believe it is the shroud that Jesus was wrapt in.

You don't get a perfect image of the face when you wrap someone up.

The head of the man in the shroud doesn't sit all that well on the body either.

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2008 at 6:56am

The controversy surrounding the Shroud of Turin, reappears every few years, and is always suspect to it's authenticity.

A more recent discovery of tombs, suggests that the tombs of Jesus of Nazareth and his family had been found.

http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2007/02/25/tomb_arc.html?categ ory=archaeology

It was quite fascinating to watch. However, I take it all with a pinch of salt, as I do the Shroud of Turin.

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2008 at 8:12pm

http://shroudstory.com/

"You don't get a perfect image of the face when you wrap someone up."  No you don't!  That is if it is a "normal" person!! 

John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2008 at 9:52pm

believer there was a festival of some sort going on at the time, can't remember which or what for, but shrouds with images on it were being made.

Also the head and the rest of the body is not in porportion, the head doesn't sit properly on the shoulders as it should be in a shroud covering.

believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2008 at 1:13pm

The body is not flat, so there would be odd proportions.  The shroud going down on the chin would elongate the face imprinted.

LOL!!  Images yes but not ones with the very characteristics of the true shroud.  You can copy anything with todays technologies.

John 3
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2008 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

The body is not flat, so there would be odd proportions.  The shroud going down on the chin would elongate the face imprinted.

Of course the body is not flat so how come the image is as it is??

have you wrapt up a body in a sheet? or maybe you can experiment with a model of a head put paint on it and then wrap a cloth round it, and then come back to me with the results of how it looks like  I can tell you now that it will be dissorted not the perfect image that is.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic