IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is Jesus God?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is Jesus God?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 15>
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2016 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by asep48garut60 asep48garut60 wrote:

Dear Saved,

I understand your point, I said to you that in Islam or according to the belief of Muslims that Jesus was a prophet (messenger of God), who has the same duties as other Prophets to convey Tauhid's religion (monotheism).
If you believe that "He is from God's essence", it is your belief, but according to the belief of Muslims that he is God's creation, and that's the difference.

Regards,
Asep

It doesn't make sense that Jesus mission was to convey monotheism. All the Jews believed in one God already. Moreover, Christians don't see Jesus as a messenger, because the gospel portrays Him not as a messenger but as the MESSAGE.

I understand where we differ, and I agree with you that is the difference. We have the Quranic account and we have the gospel account of Jesus that the Quran is suppose to confirm. We get no evidence of confirmation from Islam; we only get contradiction and a usurping of the gospel we have in our possession. Let the truth be told.

peace,
Al

Edited by Saved - 08 November 2016 at 8:32pm
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2016 at 6:56pm

Dear Saved,

I understand your point, I said to you that in Islam or according to the belief of Muslims that Jesus was a prophet (messenger of God), who has the same duties as other Prophets to convey Tauhid's religion (monotheism).
If you believe that "He is from God's essence", it is your belief, but according to the belief of Muslims that he is God's creation, and that's the difference.

Regards,
Asep

Yes, that is the difference among many others, but this difference is the difference between life and death.
Since God is not willing that any should perish, we want to share His heart and inform people the best we can, but only God can guide someone to the truth that leads to eternal life in paradise.
When virgin born Jesus said, "I am the Way..." I understood him to mean he is not only a messenger; He is the Message. This cannot be said of any other prophet!

Edited by Saved - 09 November 2016 at 6:57pm
ISLAM HASHTAG View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ISLAM HASHTAG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2016 at 12:01am
Here are few Quranic Verses directly Speaking to Christians about Jesus .Prophet Isa (AH).

If You want to now what Muslims think of Jesus then you must read this-

http://islamhashtag.com/jesus-in-islam/

Edited by ISLAM HASHTAG - 13 November 2016 at 12:02am
asep48garut60 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2016 at 1:31am
Dear Saved,

In Islam, not only Jesus who said "I am the Way ..." I believe that other Messengers of Allah also said like that, for example, Allah told the Prophet Muhammad in the Quran 3:31.

Regards,
Asep
2Acts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Acts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2016 at 7:38pm

Dear Saved,

In Islam, not only Jesus who said "I am the Way ..." I believe that other Messengers of Allah also said like that, for example, Allah told the Prophet Muhammad in the Quran 3:31.

Regards,
Asep

Quaran 31 says - "Obey Allah and the messenger."
That is different from what Jesus said. Jesus did not say "obey me to find the way" He said I AM The way. Be one in me" !
2Acts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Acts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2016 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by The Saint The Saint wrote:

Jesus PBUH was a great Prophet of God Almighty. And trinity is a big hoax and even illogical.

Prove it is a hoax ! I challenge you ! Nothing illogical about it. The sun in the sky gives heat. It also give light. Sun =1. Heat =1. Light =1.
1x1x1 = 1.

Edited by 2Acts - 15 November 2016 at 2:15pm
2Acts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Acts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2016 at 7:57pm

Dear Saved,

I didn�t say �God may have sons by the tons as you mentioned�, I even deny that God has a son, even me explain to you what is stated in John 5:27 that there is the same understanding with the statement in the Quran 4: 171, Koran 5: 116-120 that Jesus is the son of man, not a son of God.
You said �Theses titles concerning Jesus need to be looked at in the context of all the gospel. You cannot take one phrase and created a doctrine. �

Therefore, I've read the contents of some of the Gospels, and I found a lot of contents aren't equal between one to another. do I need to prove?

Regards,
Asep

Yes. You need to prove !
2Acts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Acts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2016 at 7:59pm

Originally posted by Saved Saved wrote:

Originally posted by Saved Saved wrote:

Dear Saved,

Alright, here lies a very fundamental difference.
In Christianity, Jesus is the son of God, in Islam Jesus (Isa) is not the son of God, but he is a human as mentioned in Quran 4: 171, Quran 5: 116-120, and the Gospel of Barnabas (John 5:27).
The verses in the Quran and John 5:27 has the same understanding.
And if I look carefully, the contents of the Gospel have similar form with hadith in Islam.

Regards,
Asep
Hi Asep:

Jn. 5:26 For as the Father has life in Himself, so also He has granted the Son to have life in Himself. 27 And He has given Him authority to execute judgment, because He is the Son of Man. 28 Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming when all who are in their graves will hear His voice�

Lets look at it in context. According to the gospel God judges no man but has committed all judgment to the son so that they will honor the Son the same as the Father.

When the Scripture says "Son of Man" that is higher than sons of god, because there is only one son of man in the context it is used. It is the same son of man that appeared with the three Hebrew children thrown in the fire found in the Book of Daniel the prophet.

That verse is not emphasizing Jesus' humanity. When Jesus referred to himself as son of man that upset the Jews more than anything else. Besides, you are looking at this from a carnal perspective. Since you are, think of this question and answer it: Was a man involved to procreate Jesus?
The Quran might make the phrase "Son of Man" or the disparaging phrase "Son of Mary" to mean just being a human man. The emphasizes might be man in the Quran, but not so with the gospel verse Jn 5:27

Peace,
Al

Dear Saved,

One thing that doesn't make sense to me, why in the Gospel verse John 5:27 God says, "He is the son of man", why did not say "He is my son"?
I think all religions in this world agree that their God can not be debased His position as God by His creatures.
Therefore, there is my previous question related to Jesus is the Son of God ie whether Mary has parents?

Regards,
Asep
Hi Asep:

Jesus referred to himself as the son of man and God referred to Him as Son of God. As I mentioned, when the Scripture says "Son of Man" that is higher than sons of god, because there is only one son of man in the context it is used. It is the same son of man that appeared with the three Hebrew children thrown in the fire found in the Book of Daniel the prophet.

PBUY,
Al

Dear Saved,

If Jesus is the son of God, what the name of the family tree between God and Mary's parents?

Regards,
Asep

Jesus was divine and human. The family trees in the Bible are his human family tree (geneology)

Edited by 2Acts - 15 November 2016 at 2:13pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 15>
  Share Topic