IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is Jesus God?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is Jesus God?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brother.Czarski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2017 at 2:04am
Does death only come for the wicked and leave the innocent behind?

Death comes to us all brother, good or bad.

Interpret the timing as you will, but Ahmed Deedat was a very pious man, not a wicked man by any measure, a man also who died.....of old age, if he was a young man in his prime maybe your argument could have some merit, but to accuse an old man who dies of a stroke/heart attack as being "struck down by God for being wicked" isn't exactly credible.
colinberry1 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinberry1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2017 at 3:56am
Originally posted by Brother.Czarski Brother.Czarski wrote:

Does death only come for the wicked and leave the innocent behind?

Well I have always believe that the good die young, and never have to experience this wicked society. let the bad live on to enjoy what they have created.

< id="WebWizRTE" ="http://www.islamicity.org/forum/RTE_.asp?mode=quote&POID=209047&ID=762" style="border: #A5ACB2 1px solid" onload="initialiseWebWizRTE();" height="250" width="490">
Hafajean View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hafajean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2017 at 12:52am
Oneness. The word "one" in the Greek, "heis" does not mean." equal to" rather rather " unity of purpose" it is not talking of oneself but referring to a " oneness".
2Acts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Acts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2017 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by Hafajean Hafajean wrote:

Oneness. The word "one" in the Greek, "heis" does not mean." equal to" rather rather " unity of purpose" it is not talking of oneself but referring to a " oneness".

Interesting Hafajean. So what conclusion would you come to ?
Regards
Acts 2
Hafajean View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hafajean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 6:08am
Hello, first I would like to address the question of son of man. Son on rewards to son of man in Hebrew is meaning son of Adam, so it is a branch of the first man Adam. Totally different then son of God.

My conclusion to this topic, Jesus was not God nor did he claim to be. Nowhere does the Bible say this. Jesus was a teacher, a mediator, an example. A holy man, but a man. God is Spirit, Jesus spoke to the father and did many great and wonderful works because of the Father, he used God's word and not man's. He spoke the cure, not the problem.

What do you conclude Acts 2?

Thank you and bless you.
Hafajean View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hafajean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 6:17am
Acts 2, I am just curious, are you Catholic?
Hafajean View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hafajean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 7:09am
Morning. No not Catholic. I follow no arm of flesh.
I was wondering because of a comment in a different topic you made about mother Mary that's all, no biggie. Thanks
2Acts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Acts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 4:29pm
Hello Hafajean
What I conclude is what Christians concluded centuries ago. This discussion is not new. The discipline within Christian theology that deals with the man / God relationship of Christ is called Christology. We all have an element of the human and divine within us so is this so strange ?

You are wrong in that Jesus did not claim to be God The Son or that the Bible does not say this. If you read Matthew 26:63-65 you will see Jesus did not deny the title Son of God and the Jewish leaders responded by accusing Jesus of blasphemy due to him claiming divinity. Also in John 19:7 the Jewish religious leaders said he must die, because He claimed to be the Son of God. Why would His claiming to be the Son of God be considered blasphemy and be worthy of a death sentence? The Jewish leaders understood exactly what Jesus meant by the phrase �Son of God.� To be the Son of God is to be of the same nature as God. The Son of God is �of God.� The claim to be of the same nature as God�to in fact be God�was blasphemy to the Jewish leaders; therefore, they demanded Jesus� death.
However Jesus mainly referred to himself as the Son of Man. And yes, �Son� in the bible can have a few meanings. But it is clear Jesus( in Mathew 26.64 ) saw himself to be worshipped as Christ The Messiah The Son of Man in the prophetic context of Daniel 7:13-14 �
�In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all peoples, nations and men of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.�

The description �Son of Man� was a Messianic title. Jesus is the One who was given dominion and glory and a kingdom. When Jesus used this phrase, He was assigning the Son of Man prophecy to Himself. The Jews of that era would have been intimately familiar with the phrase and to whom it referred. Jesus was proclaiming Himself as the Messiah and that he would be worshipped (as God The Son). This was far more than himself seeing himself merely as a teacher, a mediator, an example, or simply a holy man. He saw hisself as the Mesiah who would come to create Gods Kingdom and be worshipped.

While Jesus mainly referred to self Son of Man but he was also accepting of the term Son of God. Christ Jesus was and is God The Son. He was and is not God the Father. ChristThe Mesiah was and is the heir (inheritor) of Gods fullness.� Sonship� refers to the inheritor or the heir of God The Fathers glory. Part of God became man. The creative, radiant nature or part of God took human form in Jesus Christ.That man, Jesus, had dual nature � both human and divine. In Jesus sometimes we see the human characteristics and at other times we see the divine characteristics.He Restrained the Divine aspects of himself. As Jesus grew from boyhood into an adult the divine within him blossomed at significant times. Examples of these significant times are his baptism, the times when he heals and forgives sin, his transformation and his resurrection.At the time of his resurrection he was a Man who had the complete fullness of God The Son within him. Christ Jesus The Messiah was the �Sonship� of God

Do you believe the Quran divine book written on tablets in heaven ?why would you believe God would be made known to humanity from a tablet in heaven ? It makes far more sense to me that God would make himself known to humanity by a divine man. We as humans all are divine in part.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415
  Share Topic