IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Islamic Market Place (Bazar/Souk) > Internet / Webiste / Blog
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - New Muslim Dating website being developed  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Muslim Dating website being developed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muslimhud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Muslim Dating website being developed
    Posted: 23 April 2015 at 3:52am
Creating a new Muslim dating website that�s completely free and ID verified with absolutely no false profiles. Will be live in the next 3-5 months (muslimhud.com).
After my negative experience with several dating websites I wanted to do this so people have a real service to turn too.
I would like to hear about peoples experience on current dating websites and any feedback people would like to see incorporated into this new site.
There needs to be an efficient way Muslims can engage the opposite sex with noble intentions without the stigma associated with traditional mediums.
Your feedback would be helping a non-for-profit cause and would be greatly appreciated.
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2015 at 3:32am
Muslim darting is an oxymoron.
La Ilaha IllAllah
muslimhud View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muslimhud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2015 at 12:18am
I understand your reservations and you make a valid point. As stipulated in my initial message we are in development. We are trying to make the site as Islamic as possible without alienating young western Muslims with the pressure of matrimonial websites. There is a real need that as a community we cannot ignore, that need is helping young western Muslims network respectfully for other Muslims looking to get married. I myself had allot of trouble finding a wife and the whole process took over four years until eventually I met someone. In the meantime I spent allot of money on matrimonial websites which were poorly designed and rubbish. I also used Muslim dating websites run for profit which had a much younger demographic and allot more profiles. But allot of the girls on these profile were using fake pictures as they were too embarrassed to show there real pictures. I want to create a website where people can get to know someone with minimal communication. I want to put my faith in the fact these people will use the site as networking tool and it will be designed to facilitate that. Ideally I would want people to contact the parents of their prospective partner and meet them the first time this way. But people need to be comfortable and lead into this scenario slowly. Hence the name of the site after the prophet Hud who lead the good people away from mountain. Excuse my incorrect terminology it was my mistake referring to the site as a dating website because it is definitely not.
I am not the only person which had problems meeting people for marriage there are allot of other males and females in the same boat. We as a community have a duty fulfil a need when it arises and there is most definitely a need in this instance. Most sites used now are ran by non-Muslims and ran to make a profit. I want to change that, this network/marriage site will be completely free, modern, and facilitate gently a Islamic approach to meeting suitable spouses. I am injecting a substantial amount of my own money so young Muslims don�t run astray because we chose to ignore a simple need. I suffered and don�t want others to suffer as I did.
So like I said we are open for ideas and suggestions. We want the site to be true to Islamic law but also appealing to the young generation. The user of the site need to feel that their in control with gentle nudges on facilitating initial contact and sharing photos.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic