IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Looking for a Bride  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for a Bride

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2005 at 1:14am
Originally posted by semar semar wrote:

Salam,

ZamanH, why you even bothered to find a bride for your brother here?

Walaikum As salaam,

YA ALLAH, Everyone is misunderstanding me. I am NOT looking for a bride for my brother in this forum. I am just asking your opinion whether we should approach a professional woman or a housewife type.

He will certainly marry a girl form the city of my parents i.e. Bhopal (we have been living there for generations).

An enemy of an enemy is a fickle friend.
There will be more women in hell than men.
..for persecution is worse than the slaughter of the enemy..(Quran 2:191)
Heaven lies under mother's feet
alaa_k View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alaa_k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2005 at 4:14am
It seems that you should ask your brother. What kind of girl does he want as his wife?  That seems to me to be the most important consideration.
jalillah View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jalillah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2005 at 4:30am

who cares if she's home bound or busy getter kind of a person its upto your brother to make his own decision that best suit his character... 

May Allah Bless those who seek the truth......Allah Stands Alone in truth..
IslamicGirl View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslamicGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2005 at 5:41am

You guys are living a very sheltered life!

My family have lived in a Western nation for over 2 decades now... I have (Masha Allah) beautiful sisters who have NEVER been involved with men and are at the age of marrying.  They too are scared to just marry anyone, they have university qualifications and are very attractive. 

However, I do not understand & it makes me angry what some of you people on here mean when you say that the Western influence is taking culture, language and Islamic values away from nice girls.  This is WRONG... you boys are looking in the WRONG places.

As for finding someone for your brother, what.. he has no preference in a girl what-so-ever??  If he wanted to marry that bad, he'd find a partner himself.  I don't mean to sound like i'm mad at anyone, but people in this forum are jumping too all sorts of unrealistic assumptions. 

The problem with Islamic society in the West today is.. we young girls are bright, educated and respectful towards Islam and our parents.. however, when it comes to finding a partner for life, we are just as stuck as some of you men are.

*Islamic Girl*
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2005 at 6:02am
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

assalamu alaikum

One disadvantage of marrying a career woman is that they may become to busy for each other, which will eventually impact on any kids they have since niether will form the crucial bonds that are nesessary between a child and its parents. If they are not there at an early age you can not develop them latter since the child is constantly developing and that phase in the childs life will be over.

>>>However, I do not understand & it makes me angry what some of you people on here mean when you say that the Western influence is taking culture, language and Islamic values away from nice girls.  This is WRONG... you boys are looking in the WRONG places.<<<

To be blunt sister you need to get out more...probably not a good idea islamicaly

Muslim girls in the west are increasingly choosing a western lifestyle over that of Islam, alhamdulillah you havnt noticed this yet sister but for some of us this is clear as day.

>>>
we young girls are bright, educated and respectful towards Islam and our parents<<<

Shyness is a highly desired quality in muslim women as it is a sign of inteligence, patiance and self control, being asertive is not and that is a common quality. As for respectfull that is different from one family to another.

Edited by rami
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
IslamicGirl View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslamicGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2005 at 6:55am

rami, rami, rami.. I have a life besides being here..

We are not shy girls either!

*Islamic Girl*
ZamanH View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2005 at 9:14pm

However, I do not understand & it makes me angry what some of you people on here mean when you say that the Western influence is taking culture, language and Islamic values away from nice girls.  This is WRONG... you boys are looking in the WRONG places.

Where did I say anything like that??

for finding someone for your brother, what.. he has no preference in a girl what-so-ever??  If he wanted to marry that bad, he'd find a partner himself.  I don't mean to sound like i'm mad at anyone, but people in this forum are jumping too all sorts of unrealistic assumptions. 

I guess 'we' includes my brother, too. And he is as much confused as us.

An enemy of an enemy is a fickle friend.
There will be more women in hell than men.
..for persecution is worse than the slaughter of the enemy..(Quran 2:191)
Heaven lies under mother's feet
kim! View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2005 at 11:27pm

It may be possible for him to find someone who is _currently_ working, but who may be thinking about becoming a housewife later when the children come along.

More and more women nowdays are thinking like that - they discover that working fulltime is so much work and so stressful, they decide that when their children eventually come along, they will give up work to bring the kids up.

Kim...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic