IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Looking for a Bride  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for a Bride

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for a Bride
    Posted: 30 March 2005 at 9:10pm

As Salaam Alaikum,

We are looking for a bride for my elder brother. He is 27 yers old and he is a highly qualified professional. He often goes overseas to work( in fact, he has been working in the U.S for more than 1 year now) and he is, sort of, a busy person. We are confused about whether we should approach professional woman or, girls who don't work outside home. I would be grateful to any one who posts his/her opinion regarding the matter.

Thank you.

ZamanH 

An enemy of an enemy is a fickle friend.
There will be more women in hell than men.
..for persecution is worse than the slaughter of the enemy..(Quran 2:191)
Heaven lies under mother's feet
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2005 at 9:28pm
Why not look out both groups of girls  Also maybe an independant girl with her own interest
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
ZamanH View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2005 at 1:44am

hi Angel,

Thanks for the reply.

By the way, I don't think women who work at home are less independent than those who work outside home.

icforumadmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icforumadmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2005 at 10:39pm

Salam,

Just go to icmarriage.com, there are hundreds choices that ready to build a family.

Edited by Administrator
Best Regards & Peace,

Admin
Knowledge01 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knowledge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 7:21pm
I honestly wouldnt encourage looking for a bride, or husband for that matter, on the internet.  Its very unsafe and unreliable.
ZamanH View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by Administrator Administrator wrote:

Salam,

Just go to icmarriage.com, there are hundreds choices that ready to build a family.

It appears to me, you didn't read my post. I want to know opinion of other members about an issue concerning our search for a bride for my elder brother (and I am not looking for a bride for myself).

Thank you,

Zaman.

Edited by ZamanH
kim! View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2005 at 5:58pm

It appears to me, you didn't read my post. I want to know opinion of other members about an issue concerning our search for a bride for my elder brother (and I am not looking for a bride for myself).

Thank you,

Have you asked him what sort of woman he might like to marry? If he's 27 one assumes he might have some idea of the woman he would like to spend his life with.

Kim...

semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2005 at 10:56pm

Salam,

ZamanH, why you even bothered to find a bride for your brother here? Most peoples in this forum are reside in the west. In other threads you insisted that peoples in the west have been eaten by the western culture that against islamic value. So according to your assumption it's impossible to find a bride that meet your requirements. Why don't you just find her in India that according to you it's way more easy to find untouched man and women compare in the west.

Bellow I copied your statements from other threads:

===
The prevalence of lechery among "Muslims" settled in the West is invariably due to the influence of the Western "culture". I have heard that the first-generation of Muslims settled in the West lose their culture; the second generation of them, their language and the third generation, thier religion.

===
I know that large number (though, not many) of the Muslims in India are unchaste, I don't accept that most of them are unchaste. It was earlier stated in this thread that it is difficult to find chaste men. I thought that was said about Muslims in the West (probably, by a Muslim settled in the West), as consuption of wine and illicit (islamically) sex are widespred (or rampant) in the Western "culture". ===
Nearly 500 years back, people in the West rebelled against corrupt religious hierarchy and thought that they have rebelled against God and won. Now, they seem to pride themselves over their godlessness. Their advances in the field of science has removed the fear of God from their hearts and made them feel superior to Allah (subhan-Allah). No other group of people have oppressed the weak and poor people of the world as much as the Westerners and for as long as they are doing. They permit lechery and sodomy among themselves. Whether they admit it or not, they are exceedingly indulging in wine and women. Western "culture" is exceptionally antagonistic to Islam (and Muslims) compared to other cultures. Muslims have suffered so much because of them..... The writing on the wall is, there can be NO compromise between Islam and the West. Those "Muslims" who have adopted WEstern culture will have to decide soon about which side they are in - Islam or the West (this is not any kind of demand from me, its my anticipation/prediction).
====
It is interesting that Muslims lose their culture and language in no time, when they settle in the West;whereas, when it comes to uniting (or creating an Islamic state) they come up with complex theories about how much they love their language and culture etc. and how difficult it is for them to create an Islamic state because of that.
====

Edited by semar
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic