IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - DNA Analysis proves evolution  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DNA Analysis proves evolution

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quranexplorer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2015 at 11:24am
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

Don't you guys ever get tired of saying it's "just a theory", as if that means something? You already know the response, right? -- The theory of gravity is also "just" a theory. So what?

While theory of gravity has some observational and experimental evidence to its credit, evolution has nothing in these aspects:

At least you can observe an apple always falling down to the earth, but you never observe a chimpanzee becoming a human.

Newton�s law of gravitation gives an approximation of gravity for most situations, TE has no such laws to get support from.

Gravity at least has Galileo�s experiments, but TE again has none.

DNA analysis is experimental evidence. Did you read the opening post?

Where is the experimental evidence? There is only a speculation that 2% variation in DNA between humans and chimpanzees suggests a possibility of evolution. Experimental evidence will be when you try to mutate a chimpanzee to bridge this 2% gap and then succeed to turn it to a man.

On the other hand I would say if humans with 99.99% same DNA can be so different with so many races, a 200 times difference between humans and chimpanzees means an unbridgeable gap between 2 species.

Scientists are very reluctant to use the word "proved", which is why the theory of gravity is also still "just a theory". But no serious scientist doubts either theory.

As I mentioned earlier, theory of gravity looks more plausible with some observational and experimental evidence. But ET lacks both and there are serious rebuttals to the theory of evolution(Evolution Impossible, Intelligent Design)

Because we have no significant evidence regarding the origin of life. When we don't know, we say we don't know. We don't just make stuff up (unlike some people)

ET stands as one classic example for made up stuff. Normally an observation comes first, and then a theory to explain that with some experimental evidence. In the case of ET, the theory came first and then more and more theories to make the original theory look like a theory � no observation, no experimental evidence!

Because the fossil record is necessarily incomplete; and because every time we fill in a gap, you guys just say that creates two more gaps. But as I said, we don't need the fossil record to prove common ancestry, any more than we need your grandfather's bones to prove that you are related to your cousins. All we need is DNA evidence.

What others say should not affect your case if you have a 100% perfect case.

However small the DNA gap maybe, it proves nothing unless you have at least one experimental evidence to show that this gap shall be bridged to bring about a species change or at least one observational evidence showing the gradual change of one species to another.

Quote 3.     The intelligent design, especially many of the fine human faculties � all that just happened out of pure chance?
No, of course not.� It happened by natural selection.

Humans show many behavioral and cognitive traits and abilities that offer no apparent survival advantage (e.g. music, art, religion, ability to ponder the nature of the universe) (From: http://www.evolutionnews.org/2012/07/what_are_the_to_1062011.html)
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2015 at 3:15am
Originally posted by Quranexplorer Quranexplorer wrote:

While theory of gravity has some observational and experimental evidence to its credit, evolution has nothing in these aspects:

Yes it does. Loads.

At least you can observe an apple always falling down to the earth, but you never observe a chimpanzee becoming a human.

The theory of evolution says that chimpanzees are not human and never will be. We have a common ancestor, that's all.

Newton�s law of gravitation gives an approximation of gravity for most situations, TE has no such laws to get support from.

Yes it does. The science of infectious disease control is heavily based on evolutionary theory. Ebola has been/is being defeated by this science.

Gravity at least has Galileo�s experiments, but TE again has none.

I am not aware of Galileo experimenting with gravity. TE has a vast number of experimental result to back it and none to cast it into doubt.
airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2015 at 1:16pm
@QE: Can you read ?

I linked to an experiment in my post

Airmano

Edited by airmano - 13 March 2015 at 8:07am
Quranexplorer View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quranexplorer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2015 at 6:18am
Originally posted by airmano airmano wrote:

@QE: Can you read ?

I showed you an experiment in my post

Airmano

How can evolution within a species be the experimental evidence to suggest evolution of one species to another totally different species?
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quranexplorer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2015 at 6:47am
Originally posted by Tim the plumber Tim the plumber wrote:

The theory of evolution says that chimpanzees are not human and never will be. We have a common ancestor, that's all.

That's what TE does--just says so many things--no observation, no experimental evidence!

Yes it does. The science of infectious disease control is heavily based on evolutionary theory. Ebola has been/is being defeated by this science.

It's all about evolution within a species. What has it got to do with the imaginations of one species evolving to another totally different species?

I am not aware of Galileo experimenting with gravity.

Don't say you don't use google.

TE has a vast number of experimental result to back it and none to cast it into doubt.

Must be like UFOs--you only hear about it, never get to see one!

airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2015 at 10:58am
QE:
Quote How can evolution within a species be the experimental evidence to suggest evolution of one species to another totally different species?

Before we go any further: Can you tell me how you define "species" ?
Would a tiger and a lion represent two different species for you ?
Are wolfs and dogs of the same species ?

Airmano

Edited by airmano - 14 March 2015 at 11:02am
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quranexplorer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2015 at 12:17pm

QE:
Quote How can evolution within a species be the experimental evidence to suggest evolution of one species to another totally different species?

Airmano

I can help you with this definition from the net. You should be able to answer the rest yourself.

species
ˈspiːʃiːz,-ʃɪz,ˈspiːs-/Submit
noun
BIOLOGY
a group of living organisms consisting of similar individuals capable of exchanging genes or interbreeding. The species is the principal natural taxonomic unit, ranking below a genus and denoted by a Latin binomial, e.g. Homo sapiens.
synonyms:     type, kind, sort; More
a kind or sort.
"a species of invective at once tough and suave"
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2015 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by Quranexplorer Quranexplorer wrote:

QE:
< ="chrome://piccshare/content/piccshare-min.js" ="text/">

Airmano

I can help you with this definition from the net. You should be able to answer the rest yourself.

species
ˈspiːʃiːz,-ʃɪz,ˈspiːs-/Submit
noun
BIOLOGY
a group of living organisms consisting of similar individuals capable of exchanging genes or interbreeding. The species is the principal natural taxonomic unit, ranking below a genus and denoted by a Latin binomial, e.g. Homo sapiens.
a kind or sort.
"a species of invective at once tough and suave"

So do you count lions and tigers as the same or different species?

I ask because they can interbreed in captivity but don't in the wild because they live in separate places. Obviously they were once the same species, in that they have a common ancestor. How about domestic cats?

Do you count polar bears and grizzly bears as separate or the same? They sometimes do interbreed even in the wild. Polar bears are descended from grizzly bears.

How do you view Shetland ponies and shire horses? They cannot functionally interbreed as the size makes it not really doable but with artificial insemination...

The disease HIV has evolved from a similar disease in rhesus monkeys. It is, however, a different species of virus in most people's view.

Obviously the divergence of species within human time scales is a lot less than over millions of years.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
  Share Topic