IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Allah’s Wrath  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allah’s Wrath

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maryga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allah’s Wrath
    Posted: 22 December 2005 at 7:45pm

Assalam-alaikum to all!

We have discussed earthquake and the tsunami elsewhere before. I just received an email which I feel I should share with all.

In the Name of Allah, the Gracious the Merciful

ALLAH'S WRATH?

It was a devastating earthquake that hit Kashmir, and areas around, on the 8th of October, 2005. It left nearly a hundred thousand people dead, and over 3 million people homeless. The list of the injured ran to over a hundred thousand, besides.

And the distinguishing feature of this earthquake was that almost all the affected persons were Muslims!

Now the questions that arise for our discussion, in Qur'aanic light, are:
1. Are such natural calamities indicative of Allah's wrath?
2. If yes, then didn't this calamity clearly indicate that Allah is not pleased with those who call themselves Muslims?
3. What are the reasons for this divine displeasure?

1. Are such natural calamities indicative of Allah's wrath?

The secular type of education, which mankind generally receive in today's world, pre-conditions the human mind to atheistical thinking. If anyone says that such natural calamities could occur to punish a section of mankind for spreading corruption on earth, he/she is likely to be condemned as being superstitious and ignorant. They tend to think that the calamities happen because of some malfunctioning of the forces in nature. Their minds are averse to the concept of an Intelligent Entity that could control and manoeuvre these forces to punish a recalcitrant group of people.

But the religion of Islam, on the other hand, is based on the one fundamental belief that there is one, and only one, Intelligent Entity, which it calls Allah, that creates, controls and manages everything in the entire universe. The Qur'aan tells us that "...not a leaf falls, but He knows it..." [6.59]. When Allah is aware of the smallest of small things happening, He is certainly aware of a big thing like the Kashmir earthquake happening. HE is not merely aware, but He made the earthquake happen! HE is the Cereator; He can do and undo anything. And nothing can ever happen without His leave. HE can make no mistakes, and there is no question of any accident happening in Nature. Everything is consciously done with a design/purpose.

We have examples galore in the Qur'aan of natural calamities visiting people that lived before the revelation of the divine Book. Examples like the great Flood that drowned Noah's people and the earthquake that destroyed Lot's. But, invariably in every case, the people were destroyed because of their transgressions. And we are specifically informed that persons
, from among them, who believed and who abstained from transgressions, were saved from the destructions caused by the calamities.

The Qur'aan further declares that "...no change will you find in Allah's sunnah (way of dealing)..."[35.43], and that "...your Lord would never destroy human settlements wrongfully, while those who lived therein were good people."[11.117]. Therefore, there is no room for any doubt that, in Qur'aanic light, the 8th October 2005 earthquaqke was a demonstration of Allah's Wrath. Every person, good or bad, has to die; but the deaths and destructions by means of natural calamities have to be construed as His punishment in the light of the above two Qur'aanic verses.

2. If yes, then didn't this calamity clearly indicate that Allah is not pleased with those who call themselves Muslims?

But the apparent paradox of the divine Wrath, witnessed on the 8th of October last, was that its victims were a section of the very people who have inherited the incorruptible last Message of Allah for mankind! The victims were a section of the very people who claim Islam, perfected and chosen
for mankind by Allah Himself, to be their religion!! And the Qur'aan emphatically asserts, "...your Lord would never destroy human settlements wrongfully, while those who lived therein were good people."[11.117]. There is therefore no doubt, in Qur'aanic light, that the people, who lived in settlements that were destroyed on the 8th of October, had incurred their Lord's displeasure, notwithstanding the claims that they were believers in Allah and in His last message, the Qur'aan.

3. What are the reasons for this divine displeasure?

When Adam & Eve were sent down to this earth, they were given a message: "...if there comes to you guidance from Me, then whoever follows My guidance shall neither go astray, nor fall into distress and misery. But whosoever turns away from My Remembrance/Reminder, surely then is there for him a life of hardship, and We shall raise him up blind on the Day of Resurrection." [20.123,124]

It is an open secret that Muslims, the custodians of Allah's last Book of Guidance for mankind, have generally, all over the world, failed to follow the divine Book, in letter and spirit. The Qur'aan asks them to do one thing; they do quite the other. And the divine Message handed over to Adam & Eve has come true so far as Muslims are concerned. They find themselves in distress and misery everywhere. It is as if the Protecting Guardian has forsaken them.

The Muslims are apt to protest. They question why those who reject the divine Guidance outright are much better off. They (Muslims) at least nominally believe in the Qur'aan.

The Muslims tend to forget that they are the custodians of the Qur'aan.  Allah expects the custodians to be exemplary in demonstrating to others the way of life the Qur'aan projects. In Indian films, Muslim characters are shown as visiting graves of saints to pray to them there for worldly benefits. Leave alone films. The Muslim President of a Muslim country was recently shown, with much fanfare, visiting the grave of a saint, ostensibly to pray there for peace in the sub-continent. Thus the Muslims here, right from a head of State to a pauper on the street, have been depicting a life-style quite contrary to what the Qur'aan repeatedly advocates. Could Allah be happy with such a community, which miserably failed in its appointed duty of being a torchbearer for other communities? Doesn't the community deserve - and deserve more than do the other communities - to be selectively punished to warn others in the community and remind them of their duty?

Conclusions

The Kashmir Earthquake was a demonstration of Allah's Wrath particularly against the Muslims for leading lives contrary to teachings in the Qur'aan.

Mohammad Shafi
(
islam-n-interest.com)
DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2005 at 2:49am
THE CAUSES OF ANGER AND ITS MEDICINE
>From Imam Ghazali's book "Ihyaa Uloom ad Deen"
(The revival of religious teachings)

Know, O dear readers, that the medecine of a disease is to remove the
root cause of that disease. Isa (Jesus Christ) -peace be upon him-
was once asked: "What thing is difficult?" He said: "God's wrath."
Prophet Yahya (John the Baptist) -peace be upon him- then asked:
"What thing takes near the wrath of God?" He said:"Anger". Yahya -
peace be upon him- asked him:"What thing grows and increases anger?"
Isa -peace be upon him- said:"Pride, prestige, hope for honour and
haughtiness"

The causes which cause anger to grow are self-conceit, self-praise,
jests and ridicule, argument, treachery, too much greed for too much
wealth and name and fame. If these evils are united in a person, his
conduct becomes bad and he cannot escape anger.

So these things should be removed by their opposites. Self-praise is
to be removed by modesty. Pride is to be removed by one's own origin
and birth, greed is to be removed by remaining satisfied with
necessary things, and miserliness by charity.

The prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "A strong man is not
he who defeats his adversary by wrestling, but a strong man is he who
controls himself at the time of anger."

We are describing below the medecines of anger after one gets angry.
The medecine is a mixture of knowledge and action. The medecine based
on knowledge is of six kinds:

(1) The first medecine of knowledge is to think over the rewards of
appeasing anger, that have come from the verses of the Quran and the
sayings of the Prophet (pbuh). Your hope for getting rewards of
appeasing anger will restrain you from taking revenge.

(2) The second kind of medecine based on knowledge is to fear the
punishment of God and to think that the punishment of God upon me is
greater than my punishment upon him. If I take revenge upon this man
for anger, God will take revenge upon me on the Judgement Day.

(3) The third kind of medecine of anger based on knowledge is to take
precaution about punishment of enemity and revenge on himself. You
feel joy in having your enemy in your presence in his sorrows, You
yourself are not free from that danger. You will fear that your enemy
might take revenge against you in this world and in the next.

(4) Another kind of medecine based on knowledge is to think about the
ugly face of the angry man, which is just like that of the ferocious
beast. He who appeases anger looks like a sober and learned man.

(5) The fifth kind of medecine based on knowledgeis to think that the
devil will advise by saying: " You will be weak if you do not get
angry!" Do not listen to him!

(6) The sixth reason is to think: " What reason have I got to get
angry? What Allah wishes has occured!"

Medecine based on action

When you get angry, say: I seek refuge in God from the accursed evil
(A'oudhou billaahi min as shaytaan ir rajeem). The prophet (pbuh)
ordered us to say thus.

When Ayesha (RA) got angry, he dragged her by the nose and said: " O
dear Ayesha, say: O God, you are the Lord of my prophet Muhammad,
forgive my sins and remove the anger from my heart and save me from
misguidance."

If anger does not go by this means, you will sit down if you are
standing, lie down if you are sitting, and come near to earth, as you
have been created of earth. Thus make yourself calm like the earth.
The cause of wrath is heat and its opposite is to lie down on the
ground and to make the body calm and cool.

The prophet (pbuh) said: Anger is a burning coal. Don't you see your
eyebrows wide and eyes reddish? So when one of you feels angry, let
him sit down if standing, and lie down if sitting.

If still anger does not stop, make ablution with cold water or take a
bath, as fire cannot be extinguished without water.

The prophet (pbuh) said : " When one of you gets angry, let him make
ablution with water as anger arises out of fire." In another
narration, he said:" Anger comes from the devil and the devil is made
of fire."

Hazrat Ali (RA) said:
The prophet did not get angry for any action of the world. When any
true matter charmed him, nobody knew it and nobody got up to take
revenge for his anger. HE GOT ANGRY ONLY FOR TRUTH.
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic