IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ~Inspirational Quotes, Phrases, Poems~  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

~Inspirational Quotes, Phrases, Poems~

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2005 at 8:15pm
LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure!
It is our Light, not our darkness, that frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God.
Your playing small doesn't serve the world.

There's nothing enlightened about shrinking
so that other people won't feel insecure around you.
We are born to make manifest the Glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us. It's in everyone.
And as we let our own Light shine,
We unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our fears,
Our presence automatically liberates others.

-- Marianne Williamson
(in her book "A Return to Love" )

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2005 at 8:13pm

Hello

I am creating a thread for everyone and anyone to share any inspirational quotes, phrases, poems, any other quotes, that either make sense to you or agree with you or believe in it, it doesn't matter which of the three just share them if you like :-)
The reason I have created this interest in interfaith is because whatever you bring across can be from anywhere and everywhere, it doesn't have to be religious based from scriptures either. I, myself don't have many from religion/scriptures but from other varied places and people.
If you like if anyone wants something just for religion solely, mostly islam and christianity then perhaps you can make a new thread :-) but you can still put the odd ones here, I just like to this to be across the board from anyone and everywhere, hence 'Interfaith'.
I just want people to join in something that is light hearted and fun and not be at each others throat telling we don't like this, telling each other what to do or attacking people just because they may be different, this is crap or boring -- I am going to take it upon myself to moderate this thread and If I see the likes of any attacking or something along the lines that is going to disrupt this thread I will ask the moderators to delete it! and believe me I mean it! If you so intent on saying something then take it to another thread! but please leave this thread for everyone to share their stuff from wherever and from whomever and to join in something that is perhaps different and enjoyable and 'if want' perhaps discuss their stuff that is you if you want - in a friendly polite manner :-)
These are the rules! :-)
Now that is cleared, lets start :-)

P.S: I created this thread at the old forum and to help move it along with new activity, it was slow at the time. So now I have brought it across to continue with it, for those who wish to post their stuff/interest/contributions in this area. First I will repost what has been contributed so far

Enjoy!

Peace
Angel.

Edited by Angel
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic