IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional > Middle East
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah's message  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah's message

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah's message
    Posted: 09 February 2015 at 5:42am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ti7BoL7VuA

Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah's televised message for the Government Summit, Dubai
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2015 at 10:45am
Queen Rania is an outstanding example of a modern Muslim woman.  I haven't heard/read her whole message yet, but probably the strongest statement she makes is through her appearance.  She is always dignified, confident and self-assured, and I've never seen her wearing a hijab.
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2015 at 5:49am
Yes Ron she is indeed very impressive.
Thank you for your comment.

In this video she is telling the guest in the summit that the Jordanian representation will not be possible because the country is gripped in grief and loss of their piolet who has recently been murdered (burnt alive actually) by the Abu Bakr monsters.

She is also asking the middle east to help the coalition against this group, amongst other things.

I think we are writing new pages in history.

The best thing now is that at least the wahabis are beginning to be exposed. Hopefuly someday in near future the world will dig into their history and find how they have first damaged islamic scholarship, victimised innocent, ordinary muslims before hijacking world peace on a global level.

Peace!

[/COLOR]
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2015 at 10:18am
Originally posted by Nausheen Nausheen wrote:

The best thing now is that at least the wahabis are beginning to be exposed. Hopefuly someday in near future the world will dig into their history and find how they have first damaged islamic scholarship, victimised innocent, ordinary muslims before hijacking world peace on a global level.

Peace!

Salaam Alaykum

It's really sad that you use terms like this.
La Ilaha IllAllah
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2015 at 6:08pm

I refrained many years but their extremism is beyond me now.
Sorry if anyone else is offended, but I don't care if they are.

[/COLOR]
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2015 at 9:19am
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

Queen Rania is an outstanding example of a modern Muslim woman.  I haven't heard/read her whole message yet, but probably the strongest statement she makes is through her appearance.  She is always dignified, confident and self-assured, and I've never seen her wearing a hijab.

As an insignificant atheist you seem to be hung up on the fact that believing Muslim women cover up for the sake of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala. It is a direct command from Him. May be your Queen Rania is not a practicing Muslim.
La Ilaha IllAllah
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2015 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

As an insignificant atheist you seem to be hung up on the fact that believing Muslim women cover up for the sake of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala. It is a direct command from Him. May be your Queen Rania is not a practicing Muslim.

I presume you are referring to al-Noor (24):30, which advises women to "draw their veils over their bosoms". This is in the context of a general admonishment to modesty, and is meant only as an example. Describing how a veil should be worn is not a command that a veil must be worn, any more than passages describing how a man should treat his wife would mean that he must have a wife.

I have no objection to women wearing a hijab if the local custom demands it. I do think, however, that powerful women in leadership positions such as Queen Rania can greatly promote the emancipation of women by challenging such customs. I also think that it is a mistake for a Muslim woman to wear a hijab in a western society where hijab is not part of the local custom and where she clearly has a choice to do otherwise. She is choosing to identify herself with a backward and misogynistic culture, which is unfortunate.
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2015 at 7:21am
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

She is choosing to identify herself with a backward and misogynistic culture, which is unfortunate.

What ever happened to multiculturalism, arguably a cornerstone to liberal democracy? However, when it comes to Muslims, we hear such arrogant ethnocentric opinions.    
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic