IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Sins of the past  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sins of the past

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ishmaelkhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sins of the past
    Posted: 08 February 2015 at 12:40am
Asak,
whenever I start reading The Quran, I feel like the sins I have done in my past coming in to my mind like non-obedience to my parents, brothers and sisters and I feel very guilty and I always think that I should not have done it and in a sense I have become obssessed with my past mistakes.
Please suggest something!!!
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2015 at 11:17am
Brother same thing is happening with me, well cure is to ask for forgiveness from Allah often, as Allah in ch 39 v 53 of Quran says do not despair from mercy of Allah, Allah will forgive us.
Reepicheep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2015 at 12:41pm
If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. But if we confess our sins, God is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If we say that we have not sinned, we make God a liar, and his word is not in us.

1 John 8-10
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2015 at 10:27pm
Allah loves those who seek His forgiveness and turn to His remembrance constantly.

It is better to sin and be remorseful, than not to sin and become haughty.

The messenger of Allah seeked His forgiveness 70 times everyday - then are we not supposed to do the same and more?

Thank Allah that He gave your spiritual insight. Seek for Ikhlaas in ibadah and remain steadfast in your duty to Him.

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
ishmaelkhan View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ishmaelkhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2015 at 10:40pm
Thank you for your advice. It really is helping.
mohamad View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohamad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2015 at 4:58am
My brother allah subhanahu wa ta'ala said in Quran surah taubah

"Excepted are those with whom you made a treaty among the polytheists and then they have not been deficient toward you in anything or supported anyone against you; so complete for them their treaty until their term [has ended]. Indeed, Allah loves the righteous [who fear Him]."

so my brother don't think about your pas
saeedhodja View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saeedhodja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2016 at 4:14pm

Dear brother,

What you are going through seems to be waswasa (misgivings) of sheytan, the Satan, who aims to discourage you from reading more of the Qur'an by reminding you about your past sins. Think about our father Adam and mother Eve when they repented of their sin. How come did they go about their life on the Earth? If they had done the way you are doing now, I mean, if they had kept thinking of their sin once they were forgiven, they wouldn't have managed to raise the forefathers of the human race, would they? So please let these thoughts pass by as they come along when you are reading Qur'an or are praying and just focus on the reward of them. May Allah be with you.

Edited by saeedhodja - 07 July 2016 at 4:16pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic