IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 20 Theses (duct-taped to the IC wall)  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

20 Theses (duct-taped to the IC wall)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2006 at 5:33pm

Elmo ???

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Ketchup View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ketchup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2006 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by Servetus Servetus wrote:

"Many appologies from the restaurant at the end of the universe."

There is no need.  By the way, would that be from the take-away fish and chips place near Tower Records in Piccadilly Circus?

Serv

#14 "There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

"The restaurant at the end of the universe" - Douglas Adams

Edited by Ketchup
"The days followed one another patiently. Right back at the beginning of the multiverse they had tried all passing at the same time, and it hadn't worked."
Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2006 at 9:32am

My tolerance of revolutionary politics has a very narrow margin:  it begins with the American Declaration of Independence and ends with the  Constitutional Convention.

Servetus  

Edited by Servetus
Rezz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rezz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2006 at 5:50am
I once saw this written on a university wall.

Q. How many Muslims does it take to change a light bulb?

A. None, they'd rather sit in the dark and blame the Jews!

Brilliant!

Edited by Rezz
Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2006 at 8:05am

Even though, on some level, and to some, it might be considered not only funny but also brilliant political commentary, I thought that joke was, like, totally lame, Rezz.  But it reminded me of this, my new aphorism: 

Free speech should be permitted only when it is agreeable.

Servetus

Edited by Servetus
fehmi View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fehmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2006 at 9:54am

Originally posted by Rezz Rezz wrote:

Brilliant!

Point 1: It is a little annoying that you make fun of Muslims.

Point 2: The statement is not correct, either. Personally, I would blame the secular State of Turkey instead of the Jews. :P

Edited by fehmi
Rezz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rezz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2006 at 2:40am
Originally posted by fehmi fehmi wrote:

Originally posted by Rezz Rezz wrote:

Brilliant!

Point 1: It is a little annoying that you make fun of Muslims.

Point 2: The statement is not correct, either. Personally, I would blame the secular State of Turkey instead of the Jews. :P

You have to admit, that however 'annoying' the joke was, it does ring true. Totally true!*

Isn't about time you took the chip off your shoulders and learned to laugh at some of the more ridiculous aspects of your community?

The British do it. The Jews do it brilliantly!

Isn't it time to lose the 'victim mentality'? Who knows, where it may lead...

*Now try the joke inserting the "secular state of Turkey" instead of "Jews". See? Not funny. Because it doesn't "ring true". Geddit?

Edited by Rezz
Rezz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rezz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2006 at 2:45am
Originally posted by Servetus Servetus wrote:

Even though, on some level, and to some, it might be considered not only funny but also brilliant political commentary, I thought that joke was, like, totally lame, Rezz.  But it reminded me of this, my new aphorism: 

Free speech should be permitted only when it is agreeable.

Servetus

Humour (or lack of it) is a personal thing.

I've repeated the joke to many Muslims who have laughed because it was "brilliant political commentary".

It is said that the ability of a community to laugh at itself is an indication of its confidence.

Wouldn't you agree?

And isn't the whole point of "free speech" having the freedom not to be "agreeable"?

Edited by Rezz
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic