IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : New Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Ramadan question? Unsure what to do here?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ramadan question? Unsure what to do here?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robman32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ramadan question? Unsure what to do here?
    Posted: 15 January 2015 at 1:56pm
Hi all,
I am considering converting to Islam, I am a 17 y/o male and currently a Christian.

One problem- if I convert and tell my parents, they will kick me out of the house and most of the family hate Muslims and Islam.

I don't want to live a lie, but I won't be able to hide converting when it comes to meal times as my family never use Halal meat and sometimes have pork for dinner.

Also, as we all have to eat together as a family, I won't be able to do Ramadan this year as its in summer and light until late.

I am moving to university when I start my course October this year, should I wait until then to convert, or should I chance it and tell my parents in the hope they will let me not eat pork and let me fast in ramadan?

Idk what to do, anyone got any advice?
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2015 at 2:36am
Asalaamu Alaikum

If you love Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala and His final messenger and prophet to humanity Muhammad (SalAllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) then you must convert now. Before I became a Muslim they all told me to covert as quickly as possible and I never understood why. The reason is that we don't know when we die, we could die in the next minute or this very second so it is better to die as a Muslim because you stand a chance of being forgiven. Islam is the only religion God Almighty recognises because it is from Him.

Regarding your parents you can keep it a secret until you move out and if they suspect then you can do the things that you did previously. Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala tells us that we can eat haraam food if we are compelled to do and not liking it nor desiring it.

I think it will be a great shock to your parents, family and friends but however over time they will come to accept it In Shaa Allah.

You can stand up to them in a good way by explaining to them the things that you do ie fasting. I'm sure they will leave you alone.

By the way, do not ever abuse your parents as it would be a great sin. You are to always respect and love and care for them. You are to look after them in their old age.

May Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala guide you to all things good and give you wisdom and knowledge. Ameen.
La Ilaha IllAllah
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2015 at 11:32am
You should revert now because you don't know about life, moreover it should be your decision only for reversion because Allah forbids compulsion in religion in ch 2 v 256 of Quran, moreover if you fear you can hide from parents and ask help from Allah to give you courage moreover don't offend your parents because Allah in ch 17 v 23-24 of Quran says worship only Allah and if your parents or one of them become old be good to them, don't backfire at them you should not utter even ooff and pray to lord to shower mercy on them as they had raised you in your childhood.May Allah ease your cause.Ameen.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic