IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Conflict in marriage  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conflict in marriage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Latifachka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Conflict in marriage
    Posted: 12 January 2015 at 4:07pm

Salam aleikum!
I am very confused and would really appreciate if anyone could help to understand the situation I'm currently in.
I am recently married but my husband and I live separately in different countries at the moment due to some circumstances (he's studying abroad). He is for a very religious family and religious himself as well. But recently I noticed that he's using social network such as Instagram and following different girls there from different countries. Most of them have lots of naughty pictures of themselves. I never meant to check on him but accidentally noticed that. Since then I'm going insane. I've confronted him and asked why he was doing it and he'd replied that there was no reason and that half of them are from his uni. But the other half he was just following back. I know he looks at those pictures as his likes are always there. My jealousy is over the limit now and I started to lose my trust. He got very angry with me and doesn't talk for three days now.
My question is if he's committing haram by looking at those pictures and following those women as he's a married man now, and how could tell him to stop those things and not to ruin our relationship?

Edited by Latifachka - 12 January 2015 at 4:36pm
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2015 at 9:52am
Wa Alaikum Asalaam

You have to be honest with him and tell him that you know he looks at immoral pictures and that it is upsetting you. You must confront him (in a good way ) and tell him that the way he is going then the marriage may end in disaster.

In my opinion a true Muslim do not need an Instagram, Facebook, Twitter etc accounts. These brings more pain than any benefit to a Muslim. Most people are just there for idle talk and gossip and much worse.

Salaam
La Ilaha IllAllah
Latifachka View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Latifachka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2015 at 10:02am
Thank you very much for your reply. I do think the same way. Most part of the internet is evil in my opinion, it can destroy the whole moral side of the human being
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2015 at 11:48am
Well I disagree you can use internet for daawah purposes also.anyways the best thing you can do is to show Quran, like Allah says in Quran that husband and wife are garments for each other(ch 2 v 187),in ch 2 v 223 Allah commands men to tr8 women as tilth and also said that we all have to answer our doings to him on judgement day.
Jdl1976 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jdl1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2015 at 12:20pm
Have an honest conversation with your husband, I say honest because I have lied in the past and it does more harm than good.  There is a lot of things on internet, some good and some bad. But with Allah's help we can overcome.  I have been a sinner of its worst kind and recently found stability in Islam.  I hope that everything will be okay with your relationship, speak with your husband and remember that what does not kill us makes us stronger.  Hamdullah ..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic