IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Christianity Vs Judaism  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Christianity Vs Judaism

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rehmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2005 at 12:50pm

Originally posted by tawhid tawhid wrote:

skullcap?

are  you slandering jews for their religious outfit?

i am not jewish anyways...but that is very mature of you....do all muslims mock those who do not believe in islam?

embarrassing for you, tawhid

Thank for telling the readers that Jews do hate their religios 'sign' - Skullcap. Contrary to that Muslimahs love and fight for their Islamic outfit - Hijab. So do the Christians in displaying the Cross

What is your 'symbol' - BTW?

Know your enemy!
No time to waste. Act now!
Tomorrow it will be too late
What You Don�t Know Can Kill You

Rehmat View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rehmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2005 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by AhmadJoyia AhmadJoyia wrote:

I think, Rehmat, you may need to provide another translation of verse 2:62, if you plainly disagree as you say and I Quote ".... - the above translation is NOT according to the historical facts." with the one posted by Ummziba. Your "historical facts" and the verse are not in direct contradiction to each other. Moreover, even if only 1 out of zellion people of the book at the time of Prophet Mohammad didn't believe him, doesn't mean that there is some contradiction between the translation and your "historical facts". Quran is replete with verses chastising both jews and christians for their evil doings, however, the above mentioned translation of verse 2:62 as well as your "histroical facts" still admit the possiblity that there might be some (though, very few) of them still believing in one God and doing the right things only to please Him.

Asslam-o-Aliakum

I feel my 'historical facts' has no disrespect to the message of Holy Qur'an. What I was trying to explain that the English translation doesn't do justice to those Arabic words: Yahud and Nasarah.

I have similar personal reservation when Muslim used 'God' as translation for 'Allah' - because English word 'God' doesn't even come close to Allah's limitless Attributes and His Majesty.

Know your enemy!

Rehmat View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rehmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2005 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by AhmadJoyia AhmadJoyia wrote:

Bro Rehmat,

Your quotes from "Jewish Holy Talmud"   are relatively new to me. Can you guide me as to which book is this "Talmud" in the bible (OT) or its just a collection of wise sayings by their scholars or whatever they call it. If its just that as I guessed it, then its little naive to refer them here for their original beleifs. Of course you can find the same kind of stuff in muslim literature but can anyone use it to prove anything about our faith in Allah and concepts about Islam? Even they would admit its from human source and not a devinly authored source, so whats the point in bring it here. As with muslims differring on many such humanly writings (how much they may be reflected as pious in Islamic history), there could be many among jews who may or may not agree with this "Jewish holy Talmud". Anyhow, the knowledge about this source is good in its own right, but using it to tell others about jews "true beliefs" is something else that must be avoided in all circumstances. If I am not wrong, Quran talks about "Torah" and not "Talmud". Kindly correct me if I am wrong. Thanks and cheers! 

The Talmud is not part of the Christian Bible (NT) or the Old Testament (OT). The NT only contains five books of OT.

In the second century after Christ, Rabbi Jehuda who, because of the sanctity of his life, was called The Saint, and The Prince, realizing that the learning of the Jews was diminishing, that their oral law was being lost, and that the Jewish people were being dispersed, was the first to consider ways and means of restoring and preserving their oral law. He collected all the lists and charts and from them he made a book, which was called the Sepher Mischnaioth, or Mischnah - a Deuterosis, or secondary law. He divided it into six parts, each of which was divided into many chapters.

The Mischnah is the foundation and the principal part of the whole Talmud. This book was accepted by the Jews everywhere and was recognized as their authentic code of law. However, the ordinary Christians were kept ignorant of its hatred against Gentiles, Jesus and his mother Mary.

Yes, there is a small minority of Jews, known as �Torah Jews�, who don�t believe in Talmud � but then they also pray for the destruction of state of Israel.

http://www.nkusa.org/index.cfm

Wa Salaam.

Know your enemy!

tawhid View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tawhid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2005 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by Rehmat Rehmat wrote:

skullcap?

are  you slandering jews for their religious outfit?

i am not jewish anyways...but that is very mature of you....do all muslims mock those who do not believe in islam?

embarrassing for you, tawhid

Thank for telling the readers that Jews do hate their religios 'sign' - Skullcap. Contrary to that Muslimahs love and fight for their Islamic outfit - Hijab. So do the Christians in displaying the Cross

What is your 'symbol' - BTW?

my symbol....umm... i didnt know i needed one....

actually...i cant find one place in my doctrine that says that i must have some "symbol"

my actions...my love for my neighbors...my obedience to the one true god, my love for my parents...my love to my boss...my faithfulness to my job...my humbleness to others...my servantmindedness and my love for the King - the Christ who forgives my sins...is symbol enough

i dont have to wear some outward thing to proclaim my faith..but it is my lifestyle

a lifestyle...not an outward symbol...

in love, tawhid

Rehmat View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rehmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2005 at 7:01am

[QUOTE=tawhid]...my symbol....umm... i didnt know i needed one....[Quote]

Self-denial Iznogoodh

Know your enemy!

tawhid View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tawhid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2005 at 10:34am
Originally posted by Rehmat Rehmat wrote:

[QUOTE=tawhid]...my symbol....umm... i didnt know i needed one....[Quote]

Self-denial Iznogoodh

brother rehmat...you are embarrassing yourself...and embarrassing your ummah with you degrading remarks...

self denial? no...

but did you just get verbally worked by me? yes

in the end...grow up little one...and lets dialogue...i though i can come here to have stimulating converstation...not mud throwing and red herring's like you and your idol ahmed deedat does

tawhid

Rehmat View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rehmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2005 at 11:01am

...brother rehmat...

What terrible thing I did to you for using such horrible 'word' for me?

Know your enemy!

blond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2005 at 11:47am
I would like to say that a Jew who keeps his covanent with Allah is my brother in the faith; so is a Christian. I do not like to see righteous people put into the insults on those who claim to be righteous, but really are not. That is not cool.

Edited by blond
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
  Share Topic