IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : New Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - My problems after I converted. Please, help me  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My problems after I converted. Please, help me

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jojo77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My problems after I converted. Please, help me
    Posted: 02 December 2014 at 12:35pm
Salam alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh :)

I'm convert, I'm 20 y.o. and I live in Poland. I said shahada 5 months ago, in July, I don't wanna describe here how I became Muslim but what happened after that. I got really bad troubles with my family. Telling that straight, my father kicked me out from house. Hmm then I decided to move to UK(I still didn't finish my college and situation in my country is so bad, too hard to find a job without finished school) but I stayed in Germany. I found good people there who helped me so much alhamdulillah. Anyway I made 'peace' with my family and I came back. Here my problem began. When I was talking with my family in Germany, they promised me to respect as Muslim but it was a lie. I wanna describe what problem is with them. First when I came back they pressed me to not tell anyone I'm Muslim. I'll make list of some problems now: they're upset when I leave work for salah, it's problem when I wanna go to mosque for jumah, it's even problem for them I don't eat not-halal, drink alcohol or even fasting ( I dont understand what problem is for them in this matter, I do that, not they), to be more funny, my family has farm with pigs and they're angry I don't wanna help them. I don't wanna talk about all insults which I've heard from them.
I don't know what I should to do now, I feel like total coward because I hide what should be my pride. I think I should tell people I'm Muslim. Anyway situation are bad here. I heard many bad words about Islam and Muslims from my closest society(btw I see polish people really dislike Islam), second I live in really s village where people are... more radical in their religion. Also my family would be so angry if I did that. My plan is I wanna finish my college in june 2015 and move to UK inshaAllah but I really don't know what I should do now. I feel so bad I hide everything, I'm big coward but I know my life will become night I here if people get to know that. I really regret I didn't do that when I was strong after I came back from Germany.
I really ask you for advice and please, make dua for me

Yusuf

P.S. I'm sorry my message is in big mess and unclear maybe but I just can't talk about that calmly.
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2014 at 7:06am
Wa Alaykum Asalaamu Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

All praise is due to Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala for guiding you to His religion Alhamdulilah!

First of all you must not break family ties as the Prophet (SalAllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) said in a Hadith that no one will smell the fragrance of Jannah if they break their family ties.

Secondly, all of what you are experiencing are a test. Satan will work overtime in putting doubts in your mind and you must overcome this with reading the Qur'an and Hadiths etc.

Thirdly, it must be a shock for your family when you've reverted to Islam and you must accept that they will be giving you a hard time. But In Shaa Allah as time goes by they will slowly accept your decision to give your life to following the commandments of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala and by seeing your good manners and your new life style they will revert too In Shaa Allah. Their curiosity will make them look into Islam and by the Power of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala they will become Muslims too In Shaa Allah.

Never lose your faith.

Salaam
La Ilaha IllAllah
Jojo77 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jojo77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2014 at 8:57am
Thanks for reply. I'm aware these matters which you said. I know it was big shock for them. At the beginning I also hoped Allah will guide them too. It's for sure but after time I see they ignore everything and don't wanna get to know anything, only insulting this what they don't know. To be sure, I don't wanna break my family ties, never! But I just can't live longer with them. Anyway I think when I leave home, our relations will become later. I have one question yet. I know I have to obey my parents, excepting bad things, but if I wanna leave home but they disagree, it'll be bad? Please, understand that my situation is really hard and I repeat I don't wanna break family ties.

Allah knows the best and may He guide us right path.
SeekingIkhlas View Drop Down

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeekingIkhlas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2014 at 2:40am
Wa alaikumussalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

I won't be able to fully understand what you're going through as I was born in a Muslim family alhumdulillah; but from what I have seen and learned from my convert friends I can only tell you to trust in Allah's plan for you. I know people who have had to hide their beliefs from their parents for years due to the fear of getting rejected. Masha'Allah you are blessed to have stood up for your faith and confronted your family. That's really brave. Like the brother said with time they will see the beneficial changes in you and the benefit in being Muslim. Try to please your family in other ways, ways which do not go against Islam. Show them that you care for them and that your decision was not selfish. I know it's a lot easier said than done and it can be really difficult with all the criticism and restrictions but Allah does not burden anyone with more than they can bear. The least you are required to do is fulfill the obligatory. So do as much as you are able to. Allah is always watching and He knows how you yearn to practice your religion. He will surely make a way out for you. Dua is very important in the life of a Muslim; make lots of dua and have faith in Allah's Help.

Surah Al-Baqara (2), Verse 153:
"O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient."

Surah At-Talaq (65), Verses 2-3
"...And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And will provide for him from where he does not expect. And whoever relies upon Allah - then He is sufficient for him. Indeed, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Allah has already set for everything a [decreed] extent."

If you read the seerah (biography) of the Prophet (saws), the early converts to Islam (the sahabah,companions) went through a great deal of torture, both verbal and physical, nonetheless they remained steadfast.

Originally posted by Jojo77 Jojo77 wrote:

Thanks for reply. I'm aware these matters which you said. I know it was big shock for them. At the beginning I also hoped Allah will guide them too. It's for sure but after time I see they ignore everything and don't wanna get to know anything, only insulting this what they don't know. To be sure, I don't wanna break my family ties, never! But I just can't live longer with them. Anyway I think when I leave home, our relations will become later. I have one question yet. I know I have to obey my parents, excepting bad things, but if I wanna leave home but they disagree, it'll be bad? Please, understand that my situation is really hard and I repeat I don't wanna break family ties.

Yes, you're right; as Muslims we are commanded to obey our parents. But if they try to make you disobey Allah or prevent you from practicing Islam you should not listen to them. Allah says in the Qur'an,

�And We have enjoined on man to be good and dutiful to his parents; but if they strive to make you join with Me (in worship) anything (as a partner) of which you have no knowledge, then obey them not. Unto Me is your return and I shall tell you what you used to do� (Surah Al-�Ankaboot (29), Verse 8)

And the Prophet (saws) said: �There is no obedience if it involves disobedience towards Allah; obedience is only in that which is right and proper.� (Sahih Bukhari)

So if you think that it is not possible for you to practice Islam properly while still staying with them, you are allowed to move out even if this means they will be upset. You won't be doing anything bad because obedience to Allah comes first. If your family is preventing you from obeying the commands of Allah and you're finding it difficult to make them understand, then it is not wrong to leave home and stay in a place where you can freely practice Islam.

I pray that Allah subhanahu wa ta'aala gives you the strength to remain steadfast and that He guides your family to the truth. Ameen.

Allahumma baarak lak (May Allah bless you)
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2014 at 10:13am
Originally posted by Jojo77 Jojo77 wrote:

Asalaamu Alaykum

You do not have to stay at home all your life. Once you become a man then you are permitted to leave home. Also if you are persecuted because of your religion then you can emigrate to a land where you will not be persecuted.

Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala asks us if His earth is not big enough for us to emigrate to a land where we can practice our deen in peace.

I hope you find peace wherever you decide to live In Shaa Allah.

Don't forget to pray regularly and to read the Qur'an and the Hadiths so that you'll get to know your deen a bit better In Shaa Allah.

Salaam
La Ilaha IllAllah
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2014 at 12:47pm
Why not stay home and complete your studies, while having support from your family. It is understandable your family is concerned about your religious conversion given the media coverage surrounding your new faith. Your religion forbids you to eat pork, not to help them manage and clean the pigpens. There is nothing like living where you were raised, knowing the language and customs, and more importantly, being with family. Be patient with them and try to see matters from their perspective.
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2014 at 10:52pm
Walecum As Salaam wa rehmatullahi wa barakhatahu, u r not coward u r brave that u accepted the truth and for Allah u r hearing bad words, continue obeying Allah,never miss salaah,don't consume pork,look I m not in ur situation to tell u what to do, but as ur big bro I say start showing beauty of islam to them, like never backfire at your parents,do what they thell u which is permissible under shariah, if u used to utter bad words to ur friends now stop uttering them, Allah says in ch 2 v 83 b good to people.then always prevent your parents from doing any heavy work, if u were involved in backbiting stop that, in short read Quran daily and try to implement them in ur daily life.may Allah give you success in this world and hereafter.Ameen
Jojo77 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jojo77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2014 at 11:03am
Really thank you for all answers :) I try to do my the best but I'm only being. Anyway second reason why I wanna leave my home place is there are almost no Muslims here. The most of them are for a while only. There is only one small basement 25 km away and it's opened for jumuah only. Alhamdulillah I have great experience from Germany when I could go to mosque every evening and I could learn something new :)
About my family I really hope Allah will guide them, I pray for this everyday but when I want to my father especially, for him it's always reason for insulting but who know? Allah knows the best what will happen.
Please, make dua for me. I sometimes feel really weak inside and having really bad mood because of that but when I'm thinking about everything what happened, I'm really happy. It was very hard but God helps me a lot everyday subhanaAllah ;)
Thanks again for all answears, may Allah guide and protect all of you.

P.S. I received this message this morning:
Forwarding a request:

Please pray for the below mentioned brother......

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

I am Sheikh Mohammed Hussein Saleh Al Rashed. I request you if you open my letter , please send it to your list in contacts . Please pray or make dua for my quick recovery. I have stomach cancer and it spread to all my organs. I request you not to close my message unless you have sent it to your contacts. Because one day you will need dua so please pray and make dua for me. May Allah Bless all those who helped me by spreading my message, May Allah reward You for ur dua "Aameen"

Edited by Jojo77 - 05 December 2014 at 11:04am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic