IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Original Sin  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe Original Sin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 47>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
The Saint View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Original Sin
    Posted: 16 May 2016 at 5:18am
The effects of original sin are still here

How and what tells you that there are effects of the so called Original Sin?

Death entered the world. Both animal and human.
People are fallen

Death is a natural phenomenon. We are finite beings. Aging every second of our lives

The world is a good world but a broken world and awaiting redemption.

If by world, you mean the people living on this planet, the answer is no. And no one is waiting for redemption. Redemption is individual and we achieve it by God's grace and our own piety.
Invite [all] to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching;
and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious
whirlingmerc View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2016 at 11:52am
The effects of original sin are still here

Death entered the world. Both animal and human.
People are fallen
The world is a good world but a broken world and awaiting redemption
The Saint View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2016 at 8:34am
Here's a freshener on this subject which seems to have stopped drawing attention.

��No person earns any (sin) except against himself (only), and no bearer of burdens shall bear the burden of another�� (Quran 6:164) �The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.� (Deuteronomy 24:16)

Edited by The Saint - 28 April 2016 at 8:36am
The Saint View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2016 at 7:26am
This thread has wandered from its original topic of original sin. Without going thru 45 pages of comments, can someone state/restate the Muslim position on original sin? Do the Sunni and Shia share the same belief on the matter?

Truly, the thread has wandered. The answer to your question is: Muslims reject the doctrine of the Original Sin.
The Saint View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2016 at 8:35am
Greetings The Saint,

Is Israel 'persecuting' anyone? I see them as having been attacked in 1967, having won the battle, but the other side continues the war instead of acceding to their defeat.

I am amazed that you could only see that much!

Let me give you a backgrounder on what the international community says_

Israeli forces committed war crimes and human rights violations during a 50-day military offensive in the Gaza Strip that killed over 1,500 civilians, including 539 children, wounded thousands more civilians, and caused massive civilian displacement and destruction of property and vital services. Israel maintained its air, sea and land blockade of Gaza, imposing collective punishment on its approximately 1.8 million inhabitants and stoking the humanitarian crisis. In the West Bank, Israeli forces carried out unlawful killings of Palestinian protesters, including children, and maintained an array of oppressive restrictions on Palestinians� freedom of movement while continuing to promote illegal settlements and allow Israeli settlers to attack Palestinians and destroy their property with near total impunity. Israeli forces detained thousands of Palestinians, some of whom reported being tortured, and held around 500 administrative detainees without trial. Within Israel, the authorities continued to demolish homes of Palestinian Bedouin in �unrecognized villages� in the Negev/Naqab region and commit forcible evictions. They also detained and summarily expelled thousands of foreign migrants, including asylum-seekers, and imprisoned Israeli conscientious objectors.

I see that having been attacked, and having won the battle, Israel now defends the land won in the battle.
It is the land of Israel that is under constant attack.
Stop the attacks and all might live in peace and comfort.
It is the foolishness of not ceding the war after losing in battle.

The battle you are referring to is only a small chapter in the war that both sides have been fighting since the sixty years! More soon.
The Saint View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2016 at 8:11am
This should indeed confirm for you that the 3 are One.

How?

Yshwe by Himself alone would not have the full power of God... could not do the things which He was given to do on earth.

Are you sure about what you are saying? I am asking because I have been given to understand that all the three entities in the alleged trinity are co-equal? Or, is that incorrect?

From the book of Luke, chapter 5
18 And, behold, men brought in a bed a man which was taken with a palsy: and they sought means to bring him in, and to lay him before him.

19 And when they could not find by what way they might bring him in because of the multitude, they went upon the housetop, and let him down through the tiling with his couch into the midst before Jesus.

20 And when he saw their faith, he said unto him, Man, thy sins are forgiven thee.

24 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power upon earth to forgive sins, I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy couch, and go into thine house.

25 And immediately he rose up before them, and took up that whereon he lay, and departed to his own house, glorifying God.

From the book of Luke, chapter 7

41 There was a certain creditor which had two debtors: the one owed five hundred pence, and the other fifty.

42 And when they had nothing to pay, he frankly forgave them both. Tell me therefore, which of them will love him most?

43 Simon answered and said, I suppose that he, to whom he forgave most. And he said unto him, Thou hast rightly judged.

44 And he turned to the woman, and said unto Simon, Seest thou this woman? I entered into thine house, thou gavest me no water for my feet: but she hath washed my feet with tears, and wiped them with the hairs of her head.

45 Thou gavest me no kiss: but this woman since the time I came in hath not ceased to kiss my feet.

46 My head with oil thou didst not anoint: but this woman hath anointed my feet with ointment.

47 Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.

48 And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven.

49 And they that sat at meat with him began to say within themselves, Who is this that forgiveth sins also?

50 And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.

But when we read Mathew, we get a different perspective.

Matthew 9:4-6
4 Knowing their thoughts, Jesus said, "Why do you entertain evil thoughts in your hearts?
5 Which is easier: to say, 'Your sins are forgiven,' or to say, 'Get up and walk'?
6 But so that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins...." Then he said to the paralytic, "Get up, take your mat and go home."Matthew 9:4-6
4 Knowing their thoughts, Jesus said, "Why do you entertain evil thoughts in your hearts?
5 Which is easier: to say, 'Your sins are forgiven,' or to say, 'Get up and walk'?
6 But so that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins...." Then he said to the paralytic, "Get up, take your mat and go home."

Aside from the fact that the so-called "Book of Matthew" was not even written by "Matthew" the disciple as we clearly see in Matthew 9:8-10 above, which means that the entire book could be nothing but a man-made phony lie, but as all of the Prophets received Revelations and Inspirations from GOD Almighty and His Angels, has it ever occurred to the polytheist trinitarian pagans that Jesus was not forgiving sins, but rather spoke what was inspired to him?

Now, as one clearly sees, the text of the above verses is vague! It doesn't prove that Jesus had any type of Divine Will or authority, but rather it only shows that he had a temporal and limited GOD-given one. In fact, we will shortly see that the NT records Jesus EXPLICITLY making this point very clear about him not having any Divine Will or Authority.   His earthly authority is both temporal and limited exactly like his Miracles.
The Saint View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2016 at 7:34am
Greetings The Saint,
You dispute with the testimony of a great many witnesses... Romans, and others living in Jerusalem, who were witness to His death. The Roman soldiers that saw him laid to rest in a tomb and were told to guard it. Were these Roman guards told to stand guard over the tomb for nothing?

Ok, here is some evidence from the New Testament:

Luke 4:10-12
10 For the Scriptures say, �He will order his angels to protect and guard you.

11 And they will hold you up with their hands so you won�t even hurt your foot on a stone.��

12 Jesus responded, �The Scriptures also say, �You must not test the Lord your God.��

Matthew 4:5-10
5 Then the devil took him to the holy city, Jerusalem, to the highest point of the Temple,
6 and said, �If you are the Son of God, jump off! For the Scriptures say, �He will order his angels to protect you. And they will hold you up with their hands so you won�t even hurt your foot on a stone.��
7 Jesus responded, �The Scriptures also say, �You must not test the Lord your God.��
8 Next the devil took him to the peak of a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory.
9 �I will give it all to you,� he said, �if you will kneel down and worship me.�
10 �Get out of here, Satan,� Jesus told him. �For the Scriptures say, �You must worship the Lord your God and serve only him.��

GOD Almighty will hear his cries (Psalm 91:15) and will save him (Psalm 91:3).

GOD Almighty will cover him with His Protection (Psalm 91:4).

Christ will then not have any fear in him (Psalm 91:5).

Christ will then observe with his own eyes the punishment of the crucified ones (Psalm 91:8).

No harm (this includes crucifixion!) or disaster will even come near Christ (Psalm 91:10....this even contradicts him getting beaten up before crucifixion).

GOD Almighty will send down the Angels to protect him and lift him (Psalm 91:11-12, 14, Isaiah 52:13). Not even his foot will strike the ground from his enemies pushing, grappling and punishment.

Christ's call will be HEARD, and he will be delivered and honored (Psalm 91:15, Isaiah 52:13). No way would these verses be valid if Christ got crucified.

There is much more that I can quote here to support my claim that Jesus PBUH was not crucified.

More soon.
The Saint View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2016 at 7:15am
Baptism in the name of Yshwe brings with it the Holy Spirit. But not God Almighty. The role of the spirit is explained in Islam just as you are claiming_

We read in the Qur�an that the Holy Spirit was sent down to strengthen Jesus and assist him in his work:
�We gave Jesus, son of Mary, clear signs, and strengthened him with the Holy Spirit�� (Al-Baqarah: 253)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 47>
  Share Topic