IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - WHO IS THE COMFORTER?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WHO IS THE COMFORTER?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truthnowcome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2017 at 11:17pm

THE COMFORTER WILL GLORIFY JESUS (S)

Jesus said:

14 ï¿½He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you�. (John 16:14-15)

Christians claimed that �glorify� there mean the comforter has to worship Ye-shua (Jesus) pbuh but that is not what �glorify� mean there. The following verse, verse 15 explains what it mean and that is by taking what he brought and make it known to you, meaning, the revelation he brought the Comforter will conform it; and what is that message? That message is one and the same that all prophets brought which is �Submission to the will of the one true God (Islam)�. In fact Ye-shua (Jesus) pbuh used the same word to establish that he and his disciples are one in believes, it�s in John 17: 22-24, which reads as follows, Ye-shua (Jesus) pbuh said:

22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: (John 17:22)

What is the glory God Almighty give Ye-shua (Jesus) pbuh? It is the message that if you believe and follow it you will receive eternal life; and he gave his disciples it also, so that they all may be in one believe. Read verse 23:

23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

So he then pray and ask God Almighty for them also to receive eternal life (Glory)

24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world. (John 17:22-24)

As I have said before, the Message Ye-shua (Jesus) pbuh brought was �Submission to the will of the one true God (Islam)�. For example, He said:

I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me. (John5: 30).

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. (Matthew 7:21-22)

According to those two verse Ye-shua (Jesus) pbuh call God his Father. So I will clarifies who is his father from what is written in John 20:16-17, he Jesus (S) said:

��Touch me not, for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and my God, and your God.� (John 20:16-17 AKJV)

According to him, his Father is �OUR GOD and HIS GOD; He has a GOD, He said: �MY GOD AND YOUR GOD�. So the verses should read as follows:

I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of my God which hath sent me. (John5: 30).

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my God which is in heaven. (Matthew 7:21-22)

In others words, he submit to the will of his God and he preached �submission to the will of his God which when translate to Arabic would mean �Islam�. He even prophesies the coming of �Islam�. He said:

ï¿½After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.10Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.�(Matthew 6:9 )

Coming of God Almighty kingdom on earth �His� will� shall be done on earth. What is the will? God�s will is his divine law. The coming Kingdom is a message from God for all nations. He said: �Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.� As we can see that the ticket to Heaven has a �condition� and that is, we have to �do the will of the Father� In other words, we have to be obedience to God Law, what he was preaching is �Submission to the will of God� (Thy will be done on earth) which when translate in Arabic is �Islam� will be done on earth. All Prophets preached �submission to the will of God� (Islam). Allah (s) informs us in the Noble Qur�an.

The Religion before Allah is Islam (submission to His Will)�But if you deny the Signs of Allah, Allah is swift in calling to account. (Q. 3:19)

To every people did We appoint rites (of sacrifice), that they might celebrate the name of Allah over the sustenance He gave them from animals (fit for food). But your god is One God: submit then your wills to Him (in Islam): and give thou the good news to those who humble themselves,  (Qur. 22:34)

Those Prophets was sent to their own nation respectively according to their own language.

�For We assuredly sent amongst every People an apostle, (with the Command), "Serve Allah, and eschew Evil": of the People were some whom Allah guided, and some on whom error became inevitably (established). So travel through the earth, and see what was the end of those who denied (the Truth).� (Qur.16: 36); and �We sent not an apostle except (to teach) in the language of his (own) people, in order to make (things) clear to them. Now Allah leaves straying those whom He pleases and guides whom He pleases: and He is Exalted in power, full of Wisdom�.� (Qur. 14:4)

For example Ye-shua (Jesus) pbuh was sent to the Children of Israel:

�But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.�  (Matthew 15: 24); These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.� (Matthew 10:5-6)

Muhammad (S) on the other hand was sent as a universal Messenger to all mankind, Allah (S) mentioned in Qur�an:

�We have not sent thee but as a (universal messenger) to all mankind�but most of mankind knew not�. (Q. 34:28)

Br. zainool

Edited by truthnowcome - 13 June 2017 at 11:35pm
LET'S SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT ONCE AND FOR ALL...NO MORE LIES!
truthnowcome View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truthnowcome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2017 at 11:21pm

JESUS (S) BELIEVE IN THE ONLY ONE TRUE GOD ALLAH (S)

Ye-shua (Jesus) pbuh thought the first commandment

�And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: V.30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.� (Mark 12:29-30)

From the book of Exodus 20:4-5

4Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:  5Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God (Exodus 20:4-5)

Ye-shua (Jesus) pbuh thought the way to Eternal Life in his final message, he looks up to the Heaven and gives thanks to God Almighty for affording him to give eternal life to all who God Almighty has chosen, and that is to believe in the one true God and Jesus the Messiah whom He has sent.

�1These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:2As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.�(John 17:1-2)

This is what he said:

�3And this is life eternal, that they (the disciples or who call themselves Christian) might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou (the only true God) hast sent.� (John 17:3-4); And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. (Luke 4:8)

That is the declaration of faith at the time of Jesus (S), in other words, is to believe in no other deity except the one true God Allah (S) and Jesus (S) is the messenger of Allah (S) and you will received ETERNAL LIFE. Same declaration Muslims make except that at the end they say, Muhammad (S) is the messenger of Allah (S). That is to say: �I testify that there is no other deity except Allah (S) and I testify that Muhammad (S) is the messenger of Allah (S).�

Allah forgiveth not (the sin of) joining other gods with Him; but He forgiveth whom He pleaseth other sin than this: one who join other gods with Allah, hath strayed far, far away (from the right) (Q .4:116)

What Jesus said? He said:

14 ï¿½He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you�. (John 16:14-15)

r. Zainool

truthnowcome View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truthnowcome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2017 at 11:24pm

THE CONDITION BEFORE THE COMFORTER COMES

Moreover, if we read John 16 verse 7 you will see Jesus (S) laid a �condition� before the other Comforter comes, and the �condition� is, when he goes to the Father in Heaven he will send him according to the N.T. because the other Comforter was in Heaven at that time with the Father. He said in John 16:7:

�Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is expedient for you that I go for if I go not away, the comforter will not come unto you, but if I depart, I will send him unto you!� (John 16:7)

But according to the N.T. the disciple received the Holy Ghost �before� Ye-shua (Jesus) pbuh left. It is mentioned in John 20:21-22 when Jesus (S) said:

�...as my father hath sent me, even so I send you (the disciple) and  when he had said this, he breathed on them, and said unto them, received ye the holy ghost.� (John. 20:21-22)

That is the one which Ye-shua (Jesus) pbuh was talking about when he said: �even the spirit of truth: whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you and shall be in you.�

Now, if the Spirit of truth is not in them but dwelleth with them (the disciple), then where is the spirit of truth? John chapter 1 verse 32 read:

�I saw the Spirit descending from heaven... and abode upon him.�(John 1:32)

Ye-shua (Jesus) pbuh was a comforter (1John.2: 1) with the spirit of truth strengthening him. So he dwelleth with them (the disciples) and shall be in them, which they received when Ye-shua (Jesus) pbuh breathed on them in John. 20:21-22.

The Qur�an also mentioned of Allah (s) strengthens the believers (Muslims) with a �spirit (Rooh)� from himself:  

The believers (Muslims) also are strengthened with the spirit from Allah (s):

thou wilt not find any people who believe in Allah and the last day, loving those who oppose Allah and his messenger, even though they were their fathers or their sons, or their brothers, or their kindred. For such he has written faith in their hearts, and strengthened them with a spirit from himself (roohin-minhu)...� (Qur�an 58:22)

La tajidu qawman yuminoona biAllahi waalyawmi alakhiri yuwaddoona man hadda Allaha warasoolahu walaw kanoo abaahum aw abnaahum aw ikhwanahum aw AAasheeratahum olaika kataba fee quloobihimu aleemana waayyadahum biroohin minhu� Qur�an 58:22

The Qur�an also described Ye-shua (Jesus) pbuh as a spirit proceeds from Him and he was supported by the Holy Spirit (Rooh ul Qudus):

��Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) a Messenger of Allah and His word (BE), which he bestowed on Mary, and a Spirit proceeding from Him (Roohun minhu)� (Q.4: 171); O! Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)! Remember My Favour to you and to your mother when I supported you with Rooh ul Qudus [Jibreel (Gabriel)].� [al-Maa'idah 5:110]      

In the above explanation I have given are:

(1) We have the Comforter, which is the Holy Spirit that was �abode upon Ye-shua (Jesus) pbuh�

(2) And we have the other Comforter like Ye-shua (Jesus) pbuh that was �with the father in heaven.� Ye-shua (Jesus) pbuh mentioned of the one in heaven with the father in john 3:13:

�and no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the son of man which is �IN� heaven.� John 3: 13 (kjv)

Ye-shua (Jesus) pbuh specifically told them that the Curriculum did not finish and so he has to go back to the Father who is his God, and His God will send the �other Comforter� to complete it and this Comforter will not speak of his own self / desire but what ever was reveal to him (for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear - John 16:13).

12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. (John 16:12-13)

Allah conform it in the Quran:

Nor does he say (aught) of (his own) desire. It is no less than inspiration sent down to him. He was taught by one mighty in power. (Q. 53:3-5)

Those who fallow the Messenger, the unlettered Prophet, whom they find mention in their own (Scriptures), In the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel). (Q. 7:157).

And thou (O Muhammad) was not (able) to recite a book before this (book came), nor art thou (able) to transcribe it with thy right hand: in that case indeed, would the talkers of vanity have doubted. (Q. 29:48)

ï¿½ï¿½And We have sent down to thee (O Muhammad) the book (the Qur�an) explaining all things, a guide, a mercy, and Glad Tiding to Muslims.� (Q. 16:89)

�This Qur'an is not such as can be produced by other than Allah. on the contrary it is a confirmation of (revelations) that went before it, and a fuller explanation of the Book - wherein there is no doubt - from the Lord of the worlds.� (Qur. 10:37)

This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion. (Q. 5:3)

Br. zainool

2Acts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Acts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2017 at 11:13pm
Just before Jesus left this world he said �wait for the gift my Father promised � the Holy Spirit�. So who or what is the Holy Spirit?

Well the Holy Spirit has all the characteristics of God and plays a huge part in our life as we learn to be a follower of Jesus.

There is a point in our relationship with God where we are filled with the Holy Spirit. The Bible says He lives inside of us (1 Cor 3:16), he guides us into truth (John 16:13), he is our counsellor and teacher (John 14:26), he leads us (Rom 8:14) and is there for us in times of weakness and prayer (Rom 8:26). Part of relationship with God is learning to hear the Holy Spirit and respond to what he is saying to us.

Edited by 2Acts - 22 June 2017 at 1:58am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic