IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - WHO IS THE COMFORTER?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WHO IS THE COMFORTER?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truthnowcome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WHO IS THE COMFORTER?
    Posted: 11 November 2014 at 12:38am
<>

WHO IS THE COMFORTER?

There are many miss conceptions on what of who is the Comforter. So I have given an explicit explanation here, no more lies!

The question is who is this Comforter Jesus (S) spoke of mentioned in the bible? Is the Comforter a �Spirit� or a �persons�? We the Muslims believe that the Comforter is Muhammad (S). On the other hand Christians does not. They misunderstood the Comforter for the Holy Ghost/Spirit whereas Jesus (S) spoke of two personalities: The Comforter and the Holy Ghost/Spirit. In this chapter with a closer examination I have established both of them, that is, one in Heaven with the Father and one was with the disciples on earth. 

Let us look at John 14:26 it is mentioned:

�Butt the Comforter which is the Holy Ghost...� (John14: 26)

Here we understood that the comforter is the Holy Spirit. However, in 1John 2:1 Jesus was also called comforter, it read:

�...we have an �advocate� with the father, Jesus Christ the righteous.� (1John.2: 1)

The Greek word used there for both is �paracletos� which translated as �comforter, advocate, etc.� so we have now, Jesus (s) as a comforter and the holy spirit as the comforter, both were call comforter so we arrive with two now called comforter, man and spirit.  

After said that, now, let�s look at john14: 16-17. Jesus (s) said:

��I will pray to the father, and he shall give you "another" comforter that he may abide with you for ever. even the spirit of truth: whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for �he dwelleth with you and shall be in you.� (John14: 16-17)

In the above verse Jesus (S) make mentioned of both the �another Comforter� who is with the father in heaven and the �Spirit of truth� which dwells with the disciples on earth. 

In that verse, the key word is "another". If something is already with you how can we call it �another� when it is already with you, can we? No! As the verse continues, it read:

�even the spirit of truth: whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you and shall be in you.

You see that? It says:  �for he dwelleth with you� meaning it is already with them. so another comforter here is not the spirit of truth that is already with them, it is referring to someone that is not there. Jesus (s) himself is a comforter according 1John 2:1

...we have an �advocate� with the father, Jesus Christ the righteous. (1John.2:1)

He then is telling them (the disciples) about another one. What does �another� mean? It cannot be the same thing; it has to be another like the same thing. Jesus (s) is the �first� comforter; then the �other�: the one to follow must be of �like nature� or we can say, the �another comforter� like Jesus (s) who is a comforter.

So it�s two personalities:

(1) � the one which is yet to come from the father and

(2) � the one that dwells with the disciples. That is the point Christians� commentators were missing.

Another important fact is where this �another comforter� will come. I shall examine John 14:16-17 and other verses in more details.

Jesus (s) said:

��I will pray to the father, and he shall give you �another comforter��� (John 14:16-17)

They Christian�s commentators miss that very important fact. This �comforter� has to come from the �father!� And who is Jesus (S) Father? Jesus (S) said:

��I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and my God, and your God.� (John 20:16-17 AKJV)

According to him, his Father is OUR GOD and HIS GOD; He has a GOD, he said: �MY GOD AND YOUR GOD.� In other words, the other comforter has to come from God Almighty. Jesus (s) conform it in John 16:7: he said:

�Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is expedient for you that �I go� for if �I go not away�, the comforter will not come unto you, but if �I depart�, I will send him unto you.� (John 16:7)

That would mean the comforter was with the father in heaven and when he goes to the father in heaven then he will send him. We cannot say Jesus (s) will send himself, which is foolish because Jesus (s) is not there with the father in heaven when he was talking to the disciples. The �another comforter� is in heaven with the father, Jesus (s) mentioned it in John 3:13: 

�and no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the son of man which is �in� heaven.� John 3: 13 (kjv)

Jesus (S) was the Son of man �ON� earth and he spoke about �another� Son of man which is �IN� heaven. 

Now, let us look at John 14:16-17 again, he said:

��I will pray to the father, and he shall give you �another� comforter� even the spirit of truth� but ye know him; for �he dwelleth with you� and shall be in you.

Jesus (S) was talking about �another comforter� who is with the Father in Heaven and when he goes to Heaven then that comforter will comes and also the �Holy Spirit� which was with the disciple on earth (�for he dwelleth with you�).

LET'S SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT ONCE AND FOR ALL...NO MORE LIES!
truthnowcome View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truthnowcome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2014 at 12:39am
<>

THE CONDITION BEFORE THE COMFORTER COMES

Moreover, if we read John 16 verse 7 you will see Jesus (S) laid a �condition� before the other Comforter comes, and the �condition� is, when he goes to the Father in Heaven he will send him according to the N.T. because the other Comforter was in Heaven at that time with the Father. He said in John 16:7:

�Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is expedient for you that I go for if I go not away, the comforter will not come unto you, but if I depart, I will send him unto you!� (John 16:7)

But according to the N.T. the disciple received the Holy Ghost �before� Jesus (S) left. It is mentioned in John 20:21-22 when Jesus (S) said:

...as my father hath sent me, even so I send you (the disciple) and  when he had said this, he breathed on them, and said unto them, received ye the holy ghost.� (John. 20:21-22)

That is the one which Jesus (s) was talking about when he said: �even the spirit of truth: whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you and shall be in you.�

Now, if the Spirit of truth is not in them but dwelleth with them (the disciple), then where is the spirit of truth? John chapter 1 verse 32 read:

I saw the Spirit descending from heaven... and abode upon him.�(John 1:32)

Jesus (S) was a comforter (1John.2: 1) with the spirit of truth strengthening him. So he dwelleth with them (the disciples) and shall be in them, which they received when Jesus (S) breathed on them in John. 20:21-22.

The Qur�an also mentioned of Allah (s) strengthens the believers (Muslims) with a �spirit (Rooh)� from himself:  

The believers (Muslims) also are strengthened with the spirit from Allah (s):

thou wilt not find any people who believe in Allah and the last day, loving those who oppose Allah and his messenger, even though they were their fathers or their sons, or their brothers, or their kindred. For such he has written faith in their hearts, and strengthened them with a spirit from himself (roohin-minhu)...� (Qur�an 58:22)

La tajidu qawman yuminoona biAllahi waalyawmi alakhiri yuwaddoona man hadda Allaha warasoolahu walaw kanoo abaahum aw abnaahum aw ikhwanahum aw AAasheeratahum olaika kataba fee quloobihimu aleemana waayyadahum biroohin minhu Qur�an 58:22

The Qur�an also described Jesus (S) as a spirit proceeds from Him and he was supported by the Holy Spirit (Rooh ul Qudus):

��Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) a Messenger of Allah and His word (BE), which he bestowed on Mary, and a Spirit proceeding from Him (Roohun minhu)� (Q.4: 171); O! Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)! Remember My Favour to you and to your mother when I supported you with Rooh ul Qudus [Jibreel (Gabriel)].� [al-Maa'idah 5:110]      

In the above explanation I have given are:

(1) We have the Comforter, which is the Holy Spirit that was �abode upon Jesus (s)�

(2) And we have the other Comforter like Jesus (s) that was �with the father in heaven.� Jesus (s) mentioned of the one in heaven with the father in john 3:13:

�and no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the son of man which is �IN� heaven.� John 3: 13 (kjv)

Jesus (S) specifically told them that the Curriculum did not finish and so he has to go back to the Father who is his God, and His God will send the �other Comforter� to complete it and this Comforter will not speak of his own self / desire but what ever was reveal to him (for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear - John 16:13).

12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. (John 16:12-13)

Allah conform it in the Quran:

Nor does he say (aught) of (his own) desire. It is no less than inspiration sent down to him. He was taught by one mighty in power. (Q. 53:3-5)

Those who fallow the Messenger, the unlettered Prophet, whom they find mention in their own (Scriptures), In the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel). (Q. 7:157).

And thou (O Muhammad) was not (able) to recite a book before this (book came), nor art thou (able) to transcribe it with thy right hand: in that case indeed, would the talkers of vanity have doubted. (Q. 29:48)

��And We have sent down to thee (O Muhammad) the book (the Qur�an) explaining all things, a guide, a mercy, and Glad Tiding to Muslims.� (Q. 16:89)

�This Qur'an is not such as can be produced by other than Allah. on the contrary it is a confirmation of (revelations) that went before it, and a fuller explanation of the Book - wherein there is no doubt - from the Lord of the worlds.� (Qur. 10:37)

This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion. (Q. 5:3)

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truthnowcome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2014 at 12:40am
<>

HOW WILL THIS COMFORTER ABIDE WITH US FOREVER? JESUS (S) TELLS US

This explanation is from the late Ahmad Deedat [May Allah (S) rewards him], he explained:

�In Luke, Chapter sixteen, Jesus (S) tells us the story of the �rich man, Poor man.� At death both find themselves at opposite ends � one in Heaven and one in Hell. The rich man simmering in Hell cries to Father Abraham to send the beggar (Lazarus) to slake his thirst. But when every plea fails, he, ask a last favor, requesting that Father Abraham send the beggar to earth to warn his living brother against their impending doom if they heeded not the warning of God.

But Abraham said, �If they (those still alive on earth) hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead. (To warn them)� Luke 16:31

Jesus uttered the above parable centuries after the demise of the prophets of Israel Jeremiah, Hosea, etc. and over thirteen hundred years after Moses (S). The Pharisees at that time of Jesus (S) and we today can still listen to �Moses and the Prophets.� For they are alive still alive, and with us here today in their teaching and so was Muhammad (S) the �Another Comforter� (Nothing new, Jesus said it!)�

THE DISCIPLES KNEW OF HIM 

It was conformed in 1John.4: 1

�Beloved, believes not every spirit, but tries the spirits whether they are of god because many false prophets are gone out into the world.� (1John 4:1)  

Now, let us look at this statement, �believe not every spirit�. How do we �believe�? We cannot believe if we do not listen and heard the spirit, correct? We have to listen and hear the spirit to believe. Now, the verse continues: �but try the spirits whether they are of God� How do we try the Spirit? By questioning him, and that is not my opinion, V.2 conforms it: �2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:�

The Spirit has to �confess� and if he �confesses� that would mean we have to listen to him. Now, let us go back to V.1 it says: �because many false prophets are gone out into the world.�

Why �gone out into the world�? Because, �into the world� you have to go and look! And what you have to look for? It says: �Because many false prophets are gone out.� The opposite of false prophet is what? True Prophet!!!

Conclusion: John is saying, go out into the world and look for a true prophet with the true spirit. And how do we know him? V.2 Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God. The prophet with the true spirit will have to confess that Jesus (s) come in flesh.

CONFSSIONED OF THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH

To have a better understanding we have to begin with the book of John.

It is mentioned in John.1: 1 �In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was god.� (John 1:1)

If the word �was� God and the word was �with� God in the literal sense, it would mean that there are two Gods! In the Biblical language, the term �god� is used metaphorically to indicate power. Paul referred to the DEVIL as god. 

In whom the �god� of this world hath blinded the mind of them which believe not... (2Corinthiants 4:4)

Moses (S) also referred to as god:

�and the lord said unto Moses, see I have made thee a �god� to pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.� (Exodus 7:1)

Which word was �WITH� God in the beginning? For us to know we have to go to the beginning.

It mentioned in the beginning:

�and God said, let there be light: and there was light�. (genesis.1:3)

So which word was with God? BE! And that is the word he used to create all things according Genesis 1

Quran puts it in short:

�When he (Allah) hath decreed a matter, He but said to it, be and it is!� (Q. 3:47)   

The same word also He used to create the life:

(Brackets added in verse)

...and the life was the light of men, and the light shineth in darkness (man) and the darkness (man) comprehended it not�. (John.1:4-5) that was the true light, which lightest every man that come into this world. (John.1:9).

The �TRUE LIGHT� was the �LIFE� that was created with the word �BE�. We have to read the messages in context to have the correct meaning. Jesus (S) got the title as the �WORD� because he was created from the word which was �BE�. Qur�an tells us:

�The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him, BE And he was.� (Q.3:59)

and the word (be) was made flesh, and dwell among us. (john.1:14)

How the word �BE� was made flesh? The Qur�an gives the answer:

Behold! The angel said: o Mary! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a word from him: his name will be (Isa) Christ Jesus, the son of Mary...she said: "o my lord! how shall i have a son when no man hath touched me?" Allah createth what he willeth: when he hath decreed a matter, he but saith to it be, and it is! (Q.3:45-47) 

And the word �BE� was made flesh and dwell among us.

And John tells us:

Here by know ye the spirit of god: every spirit that comfesseth that Jesus Christ is come in flesh is of god. (1John 4:2)

Who confesses that? Muhammad (S), He (S) was that True Prophet with the Spirit of Truth!

Allah (S) mentioned in the Qur�an:

�Verily this is a revelation from the Lord of the world:

with it came down the spirit of faith and truth (rooh-ul-amin).

to thy heart.� (q.26:192-194)

Just as Jesus (S) prophecy:

He shall testify of me! Jesus (s) said:

�when the comforter is come, whom i will send unto you from the father, even the spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the father, he will testify of me.� (John 15:26) 

The Noble Reminder to the people of the book. Allah (S) mentioned in the Qur'an:

�O people of book! commit no excess in your religion: nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) a messenger of Allah and his word (be), which he bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His messenger. Say not "trinity": desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one God: glory be to Him. (Q. 4:171)    

Jesus was a MESSENGER of Allah, a WORD from Allah and a SPIRIT proceeding from Allah.   �...He shall testify of me.� (John 15:26)

The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him, BE And he was. (Q. 3:59)

The truth [comes] from thy Lord alone; so be not of those who doubt. (Q. 3:60)

Allah (S) said:

"If any one disputes in this matter with thee, now after [full] knowledge hath come to thee, Say: 'Come! Let us gather together, our sons and your sons, our women and your women, ourselves and yourselves: Then let us earnestly pray. And invoke the curse of Allah on those who lie!'" (Q. 3:61)

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truthnowcome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2014 at 12:40am
<>

THE COMFORTER WILL GLORIFY JESUS (S)

Jesus said:

14 �He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you�. (John 16:14-15)

Christians claimed that �glorify� there mean the comforter has to worship Jesus (S) but that is not what �glorify� mean there. The following verse explains what it mean and that is by taking what he brought and make it known to you, meaning, the revelation he brought the Comforter will conform it; and what is that message? That message is one and the same that all prophets brought which is �Submission to the will of the one true God (Islam)�. In fact Jesus (S) used the same word to establish that he and his disciples are one in believes, its in John 17: 22-24, which reads as follows: Jesus (S) said:

22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world. (John 17:22-24)

As I have said before, the Message Jesus brought was �Submission to the will of the one true God (Islam)�. For example, He said:

I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me. (John5: 30).

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. (Matthew 7:21-22)

According to those two verse Jesus (s) call God his Father. So I will clarifies who is his father from what is written in John 20:16-17, he Jesus (S) said:

��Touch me not, for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and my God, and your God.� (John 20:16-17 AKJV)

According to him, his Father is �OUR GOD and HIS GOD; He has a GOD, He said: �MY GOD AND YOUR GOD�. So the verses should read as follows:

I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of my God which hath sent me. (John5: 30).

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my God which is in heaven. (Matthew 7:21-22)

In others words, he submit to the will of his God and he preached �submission to the will of his God which when translate to Arabic would mean �Islam�. He even prophesies the coming of �Islam�. He said:

�After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.10Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.�(Matthew 6:9 )

Coming of God Almighty kingdom on earth �His� will� shall be done on earth. What is the will? God�s will is his divine law. The coming Kingdom is a message from God for all nations. He said: Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.� As we can see that the ticket to Heaven has a �condition� and that is, we have to �do the will of the Father� In other words, we have to be obedience to God Law, what he was preaching is �Submission to the will of God� (Thy will be done on earth) which when translate in Arabic is �Islam� will be done on earth. All Prophets preached �submission to the will of God� (Islam). Allah (s) informs us in the Noble Qur�an.

The Religion before Allah is Islam (submission to His Will)�But if you deny the Signs of Allah, Allah is swift in calling to account. (Q. 3:19)

To every people did We appoint rites (of sacrifice), that they might celebrate the name of Allah over the sustenance He gave them from animals (fit for food). But your god is One God: submit then your wills to Him (in Islam): and give thou the good news to those who humble themselves,  (Qur. 22:34)

Those Prophets was sent to their own nation respectively according to their own language.

�For We assuredly sent amongst every People an apostle, (with the Command), "Serve Allah, and eschew Evil": of the People were some whom Allah guided, and some on whom error became inevitably (established). So travel through the earth, and see what was the end of those who denied (the Truth).� (Qur.16: 36); and �We sent not an apostle except (to teach) in the language of his (own) people, in order to make (things) clear to them. Now Allah leaves straying those whom He pleases and guides whom He pleases: and He is Exalted in power, full of Wisdom�.� (Qur. 14:4)

For example Jesus (S) was sent to the Children of Israel:

�But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.�  (Matthew 15: 24); These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.(Matthew 10:5-6)

Muhammad (S) on the other hand was sent as a universal Messenger to all mankind, Allah (S) mentioned in Qur�an:

We have not sent thee but as a (universal messenger) to all mankind�but most of mankind knew not�. (Q. 34:28)

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truthnowcome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2014 at 12:42am
<>

JESUS (S) BELIEVE IN THE ONLY ONE TRUE GOD ALLAH (S)

Jesus (s) thought The First commandment

�And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: V.30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.� (Mark 12:29-30)

From the book of Exodus 20:4-5

4Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:  5Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God (Exodus 20:4-5)

Jesus thought the way to Eternal Life in his final message, he looks up to the Heaven and gives thanks to God Almighty for affording him to give eternal life to all who God Almighty has chosen, and that is to believe in the one true God and Jesus the Messiah whom He has sent.

�1These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:2As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.(John 17:1-2)

This is what he said:

3And this is life eternal, that they (the disciples or who call themselves Christian) might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou (the only true God) hast sent.� (John 17:3-4); And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. (Luke 4:8)

That is the declaration of faith at the time of Jesus (S), in other words, is to believe in no other deity except the one true God Allah (S) and Jesus (S) is the messenger of Allah (S) and you will received ETERNAL LIFE. Same declaration Muslims make except that at the end they say, Muhammad (S) is the messenger of Allah (S). That is to say: �I testify that there is no other deity except Allah (S) and I testify that Muhammad (S) is the messenger of Allah (S).�

Allah forgiveth not (the sin of) joining other gods with Him; but He forgiveth whom He pleaseth other sin than this: one who join other gods with Allah, hath strayed far, far away (from the right) (Q .4:116)

What Jesus said? He said:

14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you�. (John 16:14-15)

We all came from the first man and woman, Adam and Eve, then became a nation, then many nations and tribe. Revelation was sent to mankind since the beginning for guidance and Allah (S) mentioned, those people did not differ among themselves except through selfish contumacy and Allah (S) honored the most righteous among the mankind.

�O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things).  (Qur. 49:13)

Mankind was one single nation, and Allah sent Messengers with glad tidings and warnings; and with them He sent the Book in truth, to judge between people in matters wherein they differed; but the people of the Book, after the clear Signs came to them, did not differ among themselves, except through selfish contumacy. Allah by His Grace Guided the believers to the Truth, concerning that wherein they differed. For Allah guided whom He will to a path that is straight.� (Qur. 2:213)

The noble call to people of the book:

Say: "O people of the Book! Come to common terms as between us and you: That we worship none but Allah; that we associate no partners with him; that we erect not, from among ourselves, Lords and patrons other than Allah." If then they turn back, say ye: "Bear witness that we (at least) are Muslims (bowing to Allah's Will). (Qur. 3:64)

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truthnowcome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2014 at 12:44am
<>

Christian�s Scholars says the Disciples received The Holy Ghost on the Day of Pentecost.

But it says in John. 20:21-22

...As my father hath sent me, even so I �send� you (the disciple) and when he had said this, he breathed on them, and said unto them, �received ye the Holy Ghost.� (John.20: 21-22).

Did Jesus (S) �send� the disciples out �empty hand?� No! The disciples received some thing when Jesus (S) breadth on them. What they receive? It clearly stated, �received ye the Holy Ghost."

But why they did? John 20:23 gives the answer:

�Whosesoever sins ye (The disciples) remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.� (John 20:23)

So there is no future event on Pentecost, the disciples already �received the Holy Ghost to remit sins�. The event of Pentecost was a fulfillment of a prophecy of Joel (S).

Act 2:14-16

14But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:

15for these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.

16But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

Not Jesus (S)! I know they were looking for the �another Comforter: A True Prophet with a True Spirit� in 1John 4:1.

He was in heaven:

And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is IN HEAVEN (John 3:13).

Jesus (S) was the Son of man and was �on the earth�; he then spoke of another Son of man which is �IN HEAVEN�

And John said:

�Beloved, believe not every SPIRIT, but try the SPIRITS whether they are of God because many false PROPHETS are gone out into the world.� (1John. 4:1)  

John is saying you must look for a TRUE PROPHET with the SPIRIT of TRUTH strengthening him.

Concerning the remitting of sin: Whosesoever sins ye (THE DISCIPLES) �REMIT,� they are �REMITED� unto them�

Nobody has the power to forgive sin except God Almighty. The point is, according to Christians understanding of the bible Jesus (S) forgive sin so that makes him God; well the disciples also forgive sins, what are they? Human cannot forgive sins because they do not know when someone sin in their heart. What the scriptures simple means is, if some accepted the truth their sin would automatically forgive and if the refuse it will remain. Same in Islam, if you accept the truth, believe in the one true God and believe in his final Messenger Muhammad (S), your sin will be forgiven. Is not that the person who give you the message will forgive your sin, it is Allah (S) who forgive sin.

Christians says, the Comforter was promised to the disciples at that time and not some 600 years later.

Let�s examine the book of Matt: The disciples questioned, what will be the �SIGN OF YOUR COMING�? Jesus answered: �The sun shall be darkened and the moon shall not give her light and the star shall fall from heaven�Verily I say unto you �THIS GENERATION SHALL NOT PASS TILL THESE THINGS BE FULFILLED. Heaven and earth shall pass away, but MY WORDS SHALL NOT PASS AWAY.� (Matt.24:29-34)

Did Jesus (S) come to that generation �living in his time�? Did any such event take place during the �LIFE TIME� OF THE GENERATION THEN LIVING? NO! But according to your bible Jesus (S) said: �My word shall not pass away.

My point is, as much as Jesus (S) promised THE SAID GENERATION OF THOSE SIGN AND HIS COMING he didn�t came to them. He promises the comforter will come to them, but he didn�t come, until 600 yrs. later. No big-deal!

1John 4:1 �Beloved, believe not every SPIRIT, but try the SPIRITS whether they are of God because many false PROPHETS are gone out into the world.�   

John is saying you must look for a PROPHET with the SPIRIT of TRUTH moving in him.

kingskid View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingskid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2014 at 2:13pm
Dear Br. Zainool,

I see you have a zeal for knowledge, but it appears you bite off more than you can reasonably chew and digest.  Let's take things one at a time, okay?  First of all, the Holy Spirit made His debut, or entrance to the world, during what is termed Pentecost.  However, He didn't become manifest to just the disciples or for just that one time.  Joel 2:28 reads:

�And it shall come to pass afterward
That I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh;
Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
Your old men shall dream dreams,
Your young men shall see visions." (emphasis added)

Acts 2:17 reads: 

"And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God,
That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh;
Your young men shall see visions,
Your old men shall dream dreams." (emphasis added)

Jesus said in John 14:26:

"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you."

And in Mat. 28:18-20, Jesus said:

18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, �All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.� Amen.

You are free to either accept Jesus' words, or to reject them.  But rejecting His words is to reject Him and that is very dangerous ground to stay dug into.  Remember, Jesus came into this world 600 years before Mohammad, and the New Testament is the source document to use in quoting Him.  If Mohammad said anything contrary to what was written 600 years before he was even born, then you need to consider who is right--Jesus or Mohammad.  Either Jesus was, and is, the Son of God and spoke the Truth, or He was a madman, and megalomaniac.  One or the other.  He cannot be both.  You will either bow your knee before Him now or you will do it in eternity when it will then be too late to receive Him as your Lord and Saviour.  Again, friend, be careful how you handle the Word of God.  When I spoke of intellectual honesty, another word for it is integrity.  I applaud your searching Biblical scriptures; however, do not change the words of the Bible to suit your Muslim faith.  That is blasphemy, so be careful that you do not reap eternal damnation to yourself.  Ask the Holy Spirit to lead you into truth....

kingskid
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truthnowcome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2014 at 12:27am

Originally posted by kingskid kingskid wrote:

Dear Br. Zainool,

I see you have a zeal for knowledge, but it appears you bite off more than you can reasonably chew and digest.  Let's take things one at a time, okay?  First of all, the Holy Spirit made His debut, or entrance to the world, during what is termed Pentecost.  However, He didn't become manifest to just the disciples or for just that one time.  Joel 2:28 reads:

�And it shall come to pass afterward
That I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh;
Your old men shall dream dreams,
Your young men shall see visions." (emphasis added)

Acts 2:17 reads: 

"And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God,
That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh;
Your young men shall see visions,
Your old men shall dream dreams." (emphasis added)

Jesus said in John 14:26:

"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you."

And in Mat. 28:18-20, Jesus said:

18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, �All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.� Amen.

Peace unto you!

My friend, it seems to me you didn't comprehend this:

Jesus (S) spoke of two personalities: The Comforter and the Holy Ghost/Spirit.  I have established both of them, that is, one in Heaven with the Father and one was with the disciples on earth. 

Let us look at John 14:26 it is mentioned:

�Butt the Comforter which is the Holy Ghost...� (John14: 26)

Here we understood that the comforter is the Holy Spirit. However, in 1John 2:1 Jesus was also called comforter, it read:

�...we have an �advocate� with the father, Jesus Christ the righteous.� (1John.2: 1)

The Greek word used there for both is �paracletos� which translated as �comforter, advocate, etc.� so we have now, Jesus (s) as a comforter and the holy spirit as the comforter, both were call comforter so we arrive with two now called comforter, man and spirit.  

After said that, now, let�s look at john14: 16-17. Jesus (s) said:

��I will pray to the father, and he shall give you "another" comforter that he may abide with you for ever. even the spirit of truth: whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for �he dwelleth with you and shall be in you.� (John14: 16-17)

In the above verse Jesus (S) make mentioned of both the �another Comforter� who is with the father in heaven and the �Spirit of truth� which dwells with the disciples on earth. 

In that verse, the key word is "another". If something is already with you how can we call it �another� when it is already with you, can we? No! As the verse continues, it read:

�even the spirit of truth: whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you and shall be in you.

You see that? It says:  �for he dwelleth with you� meaning it is already with them. so another comforter here is not the spirit of truth that is already with them, it is referring to someone that is not there. Jesus (s) himself is a comforter according 1John 2:1

...we have an �advocate� with the father, Jesus Christ the righteous. (1John.2:1)

He then is telling them (the disciples) about another one. What does �another� mean? It cannot be the same thing; it has to be another like the same thing. Jesus (s) is the �first� comforter; then the �other�: the one to follow must be of �like nature� or we can say, the �another comforter� like Jesus (s) who is a comforter.

So it�s two personalities:

(1) � the one which is yet to come from the father and

(2) � the one that dwells with the disciples. That is the point Christians� commentators were missing.

Another important fact is where this �another comforter� will come. I shall examine John 14:16-17 and other verses in more details.

Jesus (s) said:

��I will pray to the father, and he shall give you �another comforter��� (John 14:16-17)

They Christian�s commentators miss that very important fact. This �comforter� has to come from the �father!� And who is Jesus (S) Father? Jesus (S) said:

��I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and my God, and your God.� (John 20:16-17 AKJV)

According to him, his Father is OUR GOD and HIS GOD; He has a GOD, he said: �MY GOD AND YOUR GOD.� In other words, the other comforter has to come from God Almighty. Jesus (s) conform it in John 16:7: he said:

�Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is expedient for you that �I go� for if �I go not away�, the comforter will not come unto you, but if �I depart�, I will send him unto you.� (John 16:7)

That would mean the comforter was with the father in heaven and when he goes to the father in heaven then he will send him. We cannot say Jesus (s) will send himself, which is foolish because Jesus (s) is not there with the father in heaven when he was talking to the disciples. The �another comforter� is in heaven with the father, Jesus (s) mentioned it in John 3:13: 

�and no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the son of man which is �in� heaven.� John 3: 13 (kjv)

Jesus (S) was the Son of man �ON� earth and he spoke about �another� Son of man which is �IN� heaven. 

Now, let us look at John 14:16-17 again, he said:

��I will pray to the father, and he shall give you �another� comforter� even the spirit of truth� but ye know him; for �he dwelleth with you� and shall be in you.

Jesus (S) was talking about �another comforter� who is with the Father in Heaven and when he goes to Heaven then that comforter will comes and also the �Holy Spirit� which was with the disciple on earth (�for he dwelleth with you�).

Br. Zainool

Edited by truthnowcome - 12 November 2014 at 12:30am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic