IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why is America seen as an Evil Empire?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why is America seen as an Evil Empire?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2005 at 8:05am

Oh, and did I mention that I attended one of the oldest and most prestigious schools in the US for International Studies.  I've also studied abroad....my understanding of Internation Politics is not on a neaderthal level and I can see where Shamil was going on his posts.  I don't always agree with his statements.  But I saw where he was going and its not off base.  He was showing Nima WHY we are seen as an Evil Empire.

Edited by Angela
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2005 at 9:58am

Bismillah,

Thanks, Angela!

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
kenski70 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenski70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2005 at 10:24am

And I'm a Christian Democrat Moderate from the Eastern US, living in the Western US.  Kenski, you do not speak for me....nor for all the 270 million Christians in this country.  And you don't speak for alot of the people around me.  Herjihad is just as American as you are.  And under our Bill of Rights, she can say what she wants and believe what she wants.  There are many of us who believe the war in Iraq is wrong.  The polls show our numbers increasing with people like you fading into the minority.  The early part of this century will be seen like the 1960s and early 70s.  A division in the US, pro-war and against the war. 

Whoops got me pegged! Not! for the record I am a Democrat also. I wasn't jumping up and down cheering when the invasion happened, but I understood it! WMD or not Saddam was a scumbag. And our country was paying BILLIONS to protect Saudi Arabia from him. thats YOUR tax money. In return 15 of the 19 sept 11 hijackers where Saudi (but thats another point). So we pulled a thorn from our side by taking Saddam out. So were we right???? Every one has their opinions. But I will say this..... right or wrong I will stand by our troops. And will not want agree to a pullout until victory is achieved. I cannot condone dishonoring our soldiers by pulling out when we are not beaten.( like in Vietnam). Why disgrace our fallen troops?  And why disgrace the ones who had to leave their families behind? Maybe for these Americans in the 60's. Not on my watch though! By the way congress voted on a pullout recently. 406-3 in favor of staying in Iraq until victory is achieved.(Hey does that sound familiar?) That means only 3 Democrats voted to leave now, and 200+ Democrat congressmen voted just like I would . And yes they DO speak for us! One of my friends is a former marine,he said it best. "I don't agree with anything you just said,but I would fight to the death to defend your right to say it" Thats what America should be all about. And we need to stand by our troops who would do just that! Love your freedom? thank a veteran.

Sorry about that turn signal,I must have fallen asleep.
kenski70 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenski70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2005 at 10:26am

And when was the last time a Muslim came knocking on your door trying to "sell" his religion?

Sept 11, when we were attacked for not being Muslim.

Sorry about that turn signal,I must have fallen asleep.
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2005 at 12:00pm

Sept 11, when we were attacked for not being Muslim.

But my bro Kenski, these were not unique to America only. How many similar attacks are done against Muslims themselves by the same terrorists?

On the Iraq front, your views are not logical but emotional. Think about it. If any excuse to invade that independant country came out to be false, what "moral" grounds remain to fight this war? Yes soldiers laid down their life for their country, and there is no denying of it that they did it bravely. However, they have been dooped by their government. Soldiers don't decide when to fight or not to fight, their best action is to "obey". In this regard, I don't blame the US soldiers. They have nothing to fear upon loosing the battle ground. In fact, their is no battle ground left, officially. The war has been declared over by the President. Isn't it? However, staying over that land, even when it is now fully known that this war is morally corrupt based on false premises, its even worst to continue with this. Think about it. What moral justification can we give to this war? I think, nothing. In the annuals of history, this war would be seen more of a moral bankruptcy of US administration to continue the war even when the mistakes are realised than to view it as victory of either side. Even if US win the war, as you emotionally thinks, it would still be a lost battle on the moral grounds. Decide for yourself as which one is more important. Take care.

Edited by AhmadJoyia
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2005 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by kenski70 kenski70 wrote:

But I will say this..... right or wrong I will stand by our troops. And will not want agree to a pullout until victory is achieved. I cannot condone dishonoring our soldiers by pulling out when we are not beaten.( like in Vietnam). Why disgrace our fallen troops?  And why disgrace the ones who had to leave their families behind? Maybe for these Americans in the 60's. Not on my watch though! By the way congress voted on a pullout recently. 406-3 in favor of staying in Iraq until victory is achieved.(Hey does that sound familiar?) That means only 3 Democrats voted to leave now, and 200+ Democrat congressmen voted just like I would . And yes they DO speak for us! One of my friends is a former marine,he said it best. "I don't agree with anything you just said,but I would fight to the death to defend your right to say it" Thats what America should be all about. And we need to stand by our troops who would do just that! Love your freedom? thank a veteran.

Oh, its nice one of your friends is a Marine, kenski.   I'm so glad that you take your policies from a Marine....

Well, lets see.  I have in my family a Lt Colonel, a PFC, retired Army MP, retired LT from the USAF now working at Langley, and a Mjr from the USAF who is dying from injuries he received in Afganistan.  Don't lecture me on supporting our troops and victory.

No nation should just remove a thorn from their side and I frankly support the troops by not wanting to have them in a place where every fanatical idiot can crawl out of the wood work, slip across the border and use the occupation as an excuse to blow themselves up in an attempt to kill the infidel.  Our boys have achieved victory...the only fighting they face now, they will always face while we are there.  THERE WILL NEVER BE PEACE WHILE WE REMAIN IN IRAQ.

Why, because we are in their territory and they are imboldened by this.   They don't have to enter OUR country right now to kill us.  We've been so obliging to give them a handy target.

And you obviously don't have many friends who are Vets from Vietnam.  They don't talk about defeat, they talk about being slaughtered by their own government who shouldn't have put them there to begin with.

And.. the vote.  Okay....that was the most blatantly stupid thing that Republican could have put forth.  No plan, no policy, just get our boys out.  That's not what Murtha wanted in the vote.  That was done as a stunt.  That's why everyone voted against it.  If it had been a serious proposal, the voting would have been alot more mixed.  That vote was to do nothing but put mud on Murtha.  Heavens forbid that a Vietnam Veteran with experience would disagree with a cowardly texas cowboy who snuck out of the Vietnam war and into the National Guard.

(Does anyone else find it funny the that National Guard, which was started to protect the homefront while the regular army is at war is serving prolonged tours of duty overseas for a President that hid in their ranks to avoid deployment only 30 years ago????)

Edited by Angela
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2005 at 1:42pm

Bismillah,

That is ironic, Angela, along with many other things about Junior.  What a great role model, a guy convicted of drunk driving while his parents were waging their war on drugs.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Henna View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2005 at 3:09pm
As a muslim but specially as a citizen of developing country; what's my point of view about USA?:

i don't have any problem with americans, but i have a problem with american politics!

I don't like american politics because i don't like "unjustice"

I have a problem with Egyptian firaun because of what happened to Jews in Egypt; i have a problem with european countries because of what happened to Africans, Asians, Indians and all colonised countries; i have a problem with France because of what happened to Algerians; i have a problem with Russia because of what happened to non communists; i have a problem with Hitler because of what happened to Jews, Gypsies and i have a problem with US because of what happened to Iraqians, Japaneeses,Vietnameses, South Americans, Panamanians, Grenadians.. so and so and so..

I have a problem with imperialism so i have a problem with USA and its politics!

Edited by Henna
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic