IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - War on Islam Not ISIS  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

War on Islam Not ISIS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rcr3fak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2016 at 2:37pm
Dear i.dawa

I see the appeal of containing the ISIS situation within the Islamic community, but i have concerns about Muslims dealing with ISIS and other Muslims according to the scripture. So many people of the world are active practitioners of the Islamic faith and there are so many different ideas about different parts of scripture. I do not believe that its fair to judge someone according to a religious text that people can interpret so many different ways. During the crusades CHristians believed that waging wars against the Islamic faith was justified because they twisted their scriture so that it molded to their objectives. I feel that the same would most likely happen in your scenario as well.

And an aside, I do not feel that the majority of the western world or the powers that control it want to targert Muslims. Of course their are people that are racist towards Muslims and people from the middle east as a whole, but I believe that the root of this problem comes from the fear that many westerners feel.

Thanks for reading, I look forward to your response.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2016 at 12:26am
Originally posted by rcr3fak rcr3fak wrote:

Dear i.dawa

I see the appeal of containing the ISIS situation within the Islamic community, but i have concerns about Muslims dealing with ISIS and other Muslims according to the scripture. So many people of the world are active practitioners of the Islamic faith and there are so many different ideas about different parts of scripture. I do not believe that its fair to judge someone according to a religious text that people can interpret so many different ways. During the crusades CHristians believed that waging wars against the Islamic faith was justified because they twisted their scriture so that it molded to their objectives. I feel that the same would most likely happen in your scenario as well.

Greetings rcr,
I feel the need to make a correction here.
Christians did not 'twist scripture to wage war on the islamic faith'.
Christians only went to war with muslims because they were being oppressed by them.  Islam was the aggressor to start with.  The people in the conquered lands only fought to regain their lands and to be delivered from islamic oppression.

Peace and blessings to you,
Caringheart

Originally posted by rcr3fak rcr3fak wrote:

And an aside, I do not feel that the majority of the western world or the powers that control it want to targert Muslims. Of course their are people that are racist towards Muslims and people from the middle east as a whole, but I believe that the root of this problem comes from the fear that many westerners feel.

... and I agree with this.

Edited by Caringheart - 11 February 2016 at 12:26am
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2016 at 3:06am
Originally posted by Nausheen Nausheen wrote:

If anyone is offended by the comments of non-muslims here, I ask you, are you not offended by the actions of Abu Bakr al Baghdadhi and his allies?

If not, you are giving out a very wrong message to the world - a message which was never a part of mission or message from your own messenger.

Islam teaches us to be honest, and in all honesty ISIS is a monster. And if you say that winning a war against them and annihilating them is annihilating islam then in reality you are saying that Abu Bakr is representing islam.

Accept the truth, he has been using the name of islam, and is doing the biggest disservice to this religion anyone has done in our times. All those who are supporting them are either confused about them or they are like them. In either case, they are on the wrong path. (...)

Nausheen, how do you explain the fact that the Godly laws of Saudi-Arabia and the Godly laws of the Islamic State of ISIS are almost identical? They both are representing Islam using a very traditional interpretation of the holy texts.

Yet almost all Muslims want to travel to Saudi-Arabia, a country so horrible, it's often hard to find words for it. As long as most Muslims feel fine with Saudi-Arabia, they feel fine with ISIS. And many Muslims rather show solidarity with criminal Muslims like in parts of Brussels, than telling Belgian disbelievers i.e. the police, fellow Muslims are hiding out there for months.

It's not enough to distance oneself from violence. 21st century Islam must be completely different from 7th century Islam. The entire Islam needs new interpretations and drastic reforms. As long as Muslims reject this very idea, there won't be peace on Earth. Christian churches will keep being burned. Christians will keep being called disbelievers. Muslim women will inherit half. Raped Muslim women will need several male witnesses to avoid being stoned to death. And so on.

And I posted this several times because I feel it's so crucial: I really do recommend not using the word Islamophobia. It is scientific/medical nonsense. Very real is racism and outgroup hatred. This we have to eradicate. Islam and many Islamic traditions contain some fundamental flaws which need to be torn out for good, because they don't work in the 21st century. Islam can be given a modern interpretation that followers of other religions and atheists can feel totally comfortable with. The first important step: cancel the word unbeliever. The second important step: Islam feels true for Muslims, but it cannot claim absolute truth.

Edited by Matt Browne - 28 March 2016 at 3:08am
A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
simple View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2016 at 11:59am
Originally posted by i.dawa i.dawa wrote:

It should be clear from my posts that I'm not here to speak on behalf of ISIS.

Anyway, those who may think America and other Western countries are spreading peace in this world then they're not independent thinkers and rely on the garbage that's constantly being fed to them by their governments and the Media.

Name say, three countries that are spreading peace?
simple View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2016 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by marcello marcello wrote:

The concept of a "creator" is a fantasy created by the ignorant who had (and have) little understanding of physics and cosmology.
Not true. Those who claim this have little understanding.

As understanding of physics has advanced, religiosity has retreated. That is why fundamentalists, of all faiths, strive to ensure that their progeny is uneducated. We see this, for example, among the Hasidic Jews, the Amish, and the Taliban (although it seems that only the fundamentalist Muslims delight in blowing up schools).
?? Since we have seen weddings, funerals, and all sorts of things blown up by others like the US, your point seems moot.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2016 at 7:48pm

The concept of a "creator" is a fantasy created by the ignorant who had (and have) little understanding of physics and cosmology.

Greetings marcello,

Just where do you think the laws of physics come from?  There has to be a Creator behind the design... One who designed the laws.

asalaam and blessings,
Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 22 August 2016 at 7:48pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2016 at 10:05am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Greetings marcello,

Just where do you think the laws of physics come from?  There has to be a Creator behind the design... One who designed the laws.

asalaam and blessings,
Caringheart

Why does there have to be anything at all you could ever understand?

Why do you think that thing would create so much in the universe if it was ever going to care at all about a tiny speck like the Milky Way galaxy?

Why would it sit around doing nothing for 13+ billion years before getting all excited about a tiny bit of the earth and supposedly talking to a very few people there?

Why then go away again?

simple View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2016 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Tim the plumber Tim the plumber wrote:

Why do you think that thing would create so much in the universe if it was ever going to care at all about a tiny speck like the Milky Way galaxy?
The same reason He sent His only Son here to save man. The same reason God is moving here one day forever according to the bible. The same reason that His moon sized golden city is coming right here one day. We are the big cheese. The center of all things to come. The HQ of the Almighty and creator.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
  Share Topic