IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Crucifixion of Jesus  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crucifixion of Jesus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2014 at 11:48pm
rich tapestry of the Quran, weaving through a number of themes,
including the mystery of God, surrender to the divine will, and provisions for the spiritual journey.

"Doesn't even your teaching tell you that allah is unknowable?"

Shall the Lord declare that your own right hand can save you?
Is it you, or He that has all knowledge of Himself?

You still haven't answered;

Was Moses able to look upon the face of God?

Is anyone?

Edited by Caringheart - 26 September 2014 at 11:54pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2014 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by islamispeace islamispeace wrote:

What if you have been deceived?  Shocked

Greetings islamispeace,

Do you think I haven't asked myself, what if the muslims are right?
Have you asked yourself, what if the Christians are right?
This is why I say we must look at what our religion might require us to do, and discern truth. 
This is why it is so important to discern what is evil(and what is leading us to do evil) and what is good.

To really look at our religion to see what is really at the root of it.  What does our religion really teach.
My religion does not fill me with prejudice and mistrust of others.  My religion teaches love for others, and dilligence in watching my own behavior(being careful to keep my own eyes free from splinters)... giving others the benefit of the doubt... innocent unless shown beyond a doubt to be guilty, not the other way around... and if I myself am not free from sin(and none of us are, if we say we are then we are liars and the Truth is not in us, for all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God), then I have no right to cast stones at others.  I may speak to them, but I have no right to condemn them.  God has the power to forgive sins, and to turn us from wicked ways. 
We get this through the Son, Yshwe... through His sacrifice made for us. 

When you can understand what was done for us... the suffering He endured for our sakes...  we can not turn ourselves from the temptations and from wicked leanings, but when we come to know the sacrifice of Yshwe we are turned by the power of that knowledge... Yshwe is the Way, the Truth and the Life... it is His sacrifice(understanding that sacrifice... believing, not denying it) that leads us home.  Living in denial will never lead a soul home.
Having carefully examined, and continually re-visiting and re-examining the evidence, I am unable to conclude that Muhammad was a prophet of God.  I see his religion as propagating alot of human judgment(prejudice) and mistrust, which leads to chaos.

asalaam,
CH

'It's really satan, the enemy of God, that is the enemy of us all.  He wears away the society, speaking against the most high, seeking to remove Him, watering down and destroying God's Word.'

Edited by Caringheart - 27 September 2014 at 1:19pm
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2014 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

including the mystery of God, surrender to the divine will, and provisions for the spiritual journey.

Is anyone?

Actually, I did answer the question.  If you overlooked it, that's not my problem.  As I said, Moses (peace be upon him) was not able to look upon God, BUT, I also said that if God wanted him to be able to do so, He certainly could have because nothing is beyond His ability.  I believe in a God who is All-Powerful and can do anything He wants.  Apparently, you don't think so.  Shocked

Coming back to the blasphemous Christian worship of Jesus (peace be upon him), I have reiterate that any being who worships another being that he considers to be greater than himself, that being is not worthy of worship.  Since Jesus worshiped God, he cannot be worthy of worship himself.  The Christian answer to this logic is:

"Well, don't question God"

OR

"Don't think.  Just believe"

OR

"You need the holy spirit".

In other words, Christians have no real answers. 
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2014 at 1:53pm

What if you have been deceived?  Shocked

Greetings islamispeace,

Do you think I haven't asked myself, what if the muslims are right?
Have you asked yourself, what if the Christians are right?
This is why I say we must look at what our religion might require us to do, and discern truth. 
This is why it is so important to discern what is evil(and what is leading us to do evil) and what is good.

To really look at our religion to see what is really at the root of it.  What does our religion really teach.
My religion does not fill me with prejudice and mistrust of others.  My religion teaches love for others, and dilligence in watching my own behavior(being careful to keep my own eyes free from splinters)... giving others the benefit of the doubt... innocent unless shown beyond a doubt to be guilty, not the other way around... and if I myself am not free from sin(and none of us are, if we say we are then we are liars and the Truth is not in us, for all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God), then I have no right to cast stones at others.  I may speak to them, but I have no right to condemn them.  God has the power to forgive sins, and to turn us from wicked ways. 
We get this through the Son, Yshwe... through His sacrifice made for us. 

When you can understand what was done for us... the suffering He endured for our sakes...  we can not turn ourselves from the temptations and from wicked leanings, but when we come to know the sacrifice of Yshwe we are turned by the power of that knowledge... Yshwe is the Way, the Truth and the Life... it is His sacrifice(understanding that sacrifice... believing, not denying it) that leads us home.  Living in denial will never lead a soul home.
Having carefully examined, and continually re-visiting and re-examining the evidence, I am unable to conclude that Muhammad was a prophet of God.  I see his religion as propagating alot of human judgment(prejudice) and mistrust, which leads to chaos.

asalaam,
CH

'It's really satan, the enemy of God, that is the enemy of us all.  He wears away the society, speaking against the most high, seeking to remove Him, watering down and destroying God's Word.'

LOL If you think that your idea of "love" somehow determines the truth of a religion, then you should probably be a Buddhist or a Jain. 

Your religion is self-contradictory.  On the one hand, you preach "love" but on the other hand, your religion teaches that anyone who believes differently from you is the "anti-Christ" which is just like saying that they are of the devil.  Yeah, that's "love" alright!

In my view, what a religion teaches is not the only way we determine its truth.  There are many factors.  Studying the history of the religion, its development of ideas and its "scripture" reveals much about its truthfulness or falsehood.  In having done a detailed study of Christianity and Islam, I have found that Christianity is a false religion that has deceived billions of souls through a false promise of "salvation" that was mostly preached by a self-declared "apostle" named Paul, a man who never even met Jesus but who presumed to know everything he taught.  A detailed and non-biased study of the history of Christianity and its "scriptures" will inevitably lead a person to this one conclusion.
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2014 at 1:54pm
You didn't answer my question: Do you know what is the origin of the name "Yahweh"?

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2014 at 4:56pm

You didn't answer my question: Do you know what is the origin of the name "Yahweh"?

I was waiting for you to share.  Smile
Blessed be God forever
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2014 at 5:04pm

"Well, don't question God"
OR
OR
"You need the holy spirit".

"Well, don't question allah"
or what Muhammad says allah said
OR
OR
"You need Muhammad".

Wink
Blessed be God forever
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2014 at 5:08pm

Is anyone?

Actually, I did answer the question.  If you overlooked it, that's not my problem.  As I said, Moses (peace be upon him) was not able to look upon God,

Correct. Clap
God told Moses;

20 And He said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.

I believe the Creator understands the dimensions of things which I can not, and that He is better qualified to speak on His behalf than ISmile

My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways. - Isaiah 55:8

asalaam.

Edited by Caringheart - 27 September 2014 at 5:12pm
Blessed be God forever
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>
  Share Topic