IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Complains about the avatars  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Complains about the avatars

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2005 at 10:04am
Originally posted by Suleyman Suleyman wrote:

Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

[QUOTE=chastebeauty]

Thank you and I must agree with you a lot of the pics are horrible. Apart from the 2 flowers, the sun over the mountians, the sun over the lake, pyramid and the one you can see, I chose seem to be the best ones

Angel,i apologize;but your pic at your signature is also horrible;it looks like a chick crashed on the highway;where it's connection with an  Angel,i can't see...no offend please 

chick crashed on the highway ?? why i thought it was the moon shining on the lake  

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2005 at 10:38am

Originally posted by Suleyman Suleyman wrote:

[QUOTE=chastebeauty]

Thank you and I must agree with you a lot of the pics are horrible. Apart from the 2 flowers, the sun over the mountians, the sun over the lake, pyramid and the one you can see, I chose seem to be the best ones

Angel,i apologize;but your pic at your signature is also horrible;it looks like a chick crashed on the highway;where it's connection with an  Angel,i can't see...no offend please 

chick crashed on the highway ?? why i thought it was the moon shining on the lake  

Probably he is talking about the one near our feet are earthbound....

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
icforumadmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icforumadmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2005 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by nadir nadir wrote:

I guess it bugged me a bit that you are �overseeing� us, while not actually letting us know anything about yourself. Hence I was wondering if you would be kind enough, to choose a Muslim name (different to your current name), so that at least I might know (a little about) you as a person, rather than just knowing - Administrator.

I am not suggesting changing your username, rather that you choose a name (& post it on this thread) because you identify with it�s meaning, & not just because you like how it sounds.

Assalamu alaikum Nadir,

We use "administrator" because we are a team, not only one person. We don't mean it to hide our identity. Most the time administrator only deal with technical issue. Topic/content issues are managed by moderators. So I think it's not critical to show the administrator's real name, because usually just a simple post and  it's not personal opinion but representing IslamiCity.

Thanks, Jazakallah khair,

Adji

Edited by Administrator
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2005 at 3:01pm

Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

Really, oh well - back to the drawing board.

You did a good job on the drawing board, brother, congratulations!

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2005 at 8:16pm

Yeah, thanks Sister.  I went back into the horrors of searching, and alhumdulillah - found something nice.

nadir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nadir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2005 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Administrator Administrator wrote:

Asslamu alaikum chastebeauty,

We agree that the avatar collection are poor, that images was included on the forum software bundle. Insha Allah we will (if possible) remove the bad images and add the better one.

If some of you have a good images please pm the link to administrator or email to [email protected]. If you could please resize the image to 64x64 pixel before you send it.

Thanks,

Assalaamu Alaikum

Administartor

i have sent you an image i would like to use as a visual representation of me, i would appreciate if you could apply it to my settings, as i don't have a clue how to do this myself.

i didn't want to upload the image onto any old place on the internet, hence i tried to use a link directly to this computer, however it didn't work... hmmmm

hope you can help

nadir 

nadir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nadir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2005 at 4:37pm

Assalaamu Alaikum

Administrator

Many thanks, it looks funny all condensed, but i like the fact that it's not plain to see, a bit like getting to know Allah (S.W.T.), if you don't seek, you will not find.

Now i've got the hang of it (i can make them clearer than this), i'll create a few more things for whoever if you want? Insha Allah

nadir

icforumadmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icforumadmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2005 at 7:10pm

[QUTOE=NADIR]

Now i've got the hang of it (i can make them clearer than this), i'll create a few more things for whoever if you want? Insha Allah

[QUOTE]

Please do so and email me the images, please make the size 64x64 pixels. However if you have difficulties to resize it, don't worry about that, we will resize it for you.

We also encourage other members to do so, so we will have better collections.

Edited by Administrator
Best Regards & Peace,

Admin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic