IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ISIS: How can Muslim Religious Leaders Stop It  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ISIS: How can Muslim Religious Leaders Stop It

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarieAvex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ISIS: How can Muslim Religious Leaders Stop It
    Posted: 05 September 2014 at 9:36am
Hello, I am writing a think piece about what Muslim religious leaders can do at a local, national, and international level to counter the message and work of ISIS. I welcome any thoughts of people reading this. What sorts of powers do Muslim religious leaders have to issue writings, fatwas, public opinions, etc. which could relate to this topic? How influential can they be and what could maximize that influence? I'm looking for ways the community of religious leaders in Islam can find non-violent but effective ways to deter ISIS.

Thank you,
Marie

Edited by MarieAvex - 05 September 2014 at 9:38am
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2014 at 6:23am
Unfortunately Muslims at any level will NOT speak out against fellow Muslims even if they are willing to kill ALL mankind with nuclear weapons. Even if they are killing fellow Muslims.

I'm dumbfounded too.
La Ilaha IllAllah
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2014 at 8:58am
MarieAvex, hello and welcome. Muslims must stop with the mantra that ISIS/ISIL, and their ilk, are not Muslims. Indeed they are Muslims, and this ideological battle will require thoughtful argument and debate. Muslims must form the frontline in knowing, and recognizing the "narrative" of ISIS types, and be prepared with a deliberate response when necessary. I have a great deal of optimism in Islam's ability to win the war of ideas against ISIS, however I'm less hopeful the disastrous politics for the region will make our job easy.       

Edited by abuayisha - 13 September 2014 at 8:59am
marcello View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marcello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2014 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

MarieAvex, hello and welcome. Muslims must stop with the mantra that ISIS/ISIL, and their ilk, are not Muslims. Indeed they are Muslims, and this ideological battle will require thoughtful argument and debate. Muslims must form the frontline in knowing, and recognizing the "narrative" of ISIS types, and be prepared with a deliberate response when necessary. I have a great deal of optimism in Islam's ability to win the war of ideas against ISIS, however I'm less hopeful the disastrous politics for the region will make our job easy.       

The Muslim countries surrounding ISIS are all cowards. They will gladly fight this war to the last American. When was the last time the Arabs had any success in a war? Saladin? Wait, he was a Kurd, not an Arab. Even with overwhelming forces, the Arabs couldn't defeat Israel in 1948, 1956, 1967, 1973, etc. Pathetic. Maybe Allah is trying to tell the Muslims something?

Edited by marcello - 13 September 2014 at 2:46pm
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2014 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by marcello marcello wrote:

The Muslim countries surrounding ISIS are all cowards. They will gladly fight this war to the last American. When was the last time the Arabs had any success in a war? Saladin? Wait, he was a Kurd, not an Arab. Even with overwhelming forces, the Arabs couldn't defeat Israel in 1948, 1956, 1967, 1973, etc. Pathetic. Maybe Allah is trying to tell the Muslims something?

Greetings marcello,

I don't think hurtful words are the answer.
asalaam,
Caringheart
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2014 at 11:25pm
http://www.scpr.org/news/2014/09/02/46408/la-muslim-group-seeks-to-identify-troubled-youth-a/
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2014 at 7:47am
http://www.chron.com/news/world/article/Top-Saudi-clerics-issue-edict-against-terrorism-5761417.php
marcello View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marcello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2014 at 9:18am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Originally posted by marcello marcello wrote:

Greetings marcello,I don't think hurtful words are the answer.asalaam,Caringheart

Hi Caringheart,

I'm sorry that you find the truth to be hurtful. Do you find my post more hurtful than the holy Quran? Just a few excerpts from that manual of intolerance:

Disbelievers will be burned with fire. 2:39, 2:90

Allah stamped wretchedness upon the Jews because they killed the prophets and disbelieved Allah's revelations. 2:61

Allah turned the Sabbath-breaking Jews into apes. 2:65-66

Kill disbelievers wherever you find them. 2:191

Don't believe anyone who is not a Muslim. 3:73

Don't be friends with non-Muslims. They all hate you and want to ruin you. 3:118

"Those [Christians and Jews] are they whom Allah hath cursed." 4:52

Unbelievers will be tormented forever with fire. When their skin is burned off, a fresh skin will be provided. 4:56

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic