Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Current Events
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Politics : Current Events
Message Icon Topic: ISIS: How can Muslim Religious Leaders Stop It Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 10 Next >>
MarieAvex

Starter.
Starter.

Online Status: Offline
Quote MarieAvex Replybullet Topic: ISIS: How can Muslim Religious Leaders Stop It
    Posted: 05 September 2014 at 9:36am
Hello, I am writing a think piece about what Muslim religious leaders can do at a local, national, and international level to counter the message and work of ISIS. I welcome any thoughts of people reading this. What sorts of powers do Muslim religious leaders have to issue writings, fatwas, public opinions, etc. which could relate to this topic? How influential can they be and what could maximize that influence? I'm looking for ways the community of religious leaders in Islam can find non-violent but effective ways to deter ISIS.

Thank you,
Marie

Edited by MarieAvex - 05 September 2014 at 9:38am
IP IP Logged
Abu Loren

Senior  Member

Quote Abu Loren Replybullet Posted: 13 September 2014 at 6:23am
Unfortunately Muslims at any level will NOT speak out against fellow Muslims even if they are willing to kill ALL mankind with nuclear weapons. Even if they are killing fellow Muslims.

I'm dumbfounded too.
La Ilaha IllAllah
IP IP Logged
abuayisha

Senior  Member

Quote abuayisha Replybullet Posted: 13 September 2014 at 8:58am
MarieAvex, hello and welcome. Muslims must stop with the mantra that ISIS/ISIL, and their ilk, are not Muslims. Indeed they are Muslims, and this ideological battle will require thoughtful argument and debate. Muslims must form the frontline in knowing, and recognizing the "narrative" of ISIS types, and be prepared with a deliberate response when necessary. I have a great deal of optimism in Islam's ability to win the war of ideas against ISIS, however I'm less hopeful the disastrous politics for the region will make our job easy.       

Edited by abuayisha - 13 September 2014 at 8:59am
IP IP Logged
marcello

Guest Group
Guest Group

Quote marcello Replybullet Posted: 13 September 2014 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by abuayisha

MarieAvex, hello and welcome. Muslims must stop with the mantra that ISIS/ISIL, and their ilk, are not Muslims. Indeed they are Muslims, and this ideological battle will require thoughtful argument and debate. Muslims must form the frontline in knowing, and recognizing the "narrative" of ISIS types, and be prepared with a deliberate response when necessary. I have a great deal of optimism in Islam's ability to win the war of ideas against ISIS, however I'm less hopeful the disastrous politics for the region will make our job easy.       

The Muslim countries surrounding ISIS are all cowards. They will gladly fight this war to the last American. When was the last time the Arabs had any success in a war? Saladin? Wait, he was a Kurd, not an Arab. Even with overwhelming forces, the Arabs couldn't defeat Israel in 1948, 1956, 1967, 1973, etc. Pathetic. Maybe Allah is trying to tell the Muslims something?

Edited by marcello - 13 September 2014 at 2:46pm
IP IP Logged
Caringheart

Senior  Member

Quote Caringheart Replybullet Posted: 13 September 2014 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by marcello

The Muslim countries surrounding ISIS are all cowards. They will gladly fight this war to the last American. When was the last time the Arabs had any success in a war? Saladin? Wait, he was a Kurd, not an Arab. Even with overwhelming forces, the Arabs couldn't defeat Israel in 1948, 1956, 1967, 1973, etc. Pathetic. Maybe Allah is trying to tell the Muslims something?

Greetings marcello,

I don't think hurtful words are the answer.
asalaam,
Caringheart
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
IP IP Logged
abuayisha

Senior  Member

Quote abuayisha Replybullet Posted: 13 September 2014 at 11:25pm
http://www.scpr.org/news/2014/09/02/46408/la-muslim-group-seeks-to-identify-troubled-youth-a/
IP IP Logged
abuayisha

Senior  Member

Quote abuayisha Replybullet Posted: 17 September 2014 at 7:47am
http://www.chron.com/news/world/article/Top-Saudi-clerics-issue-edict-against-terrorism-5761417.php
IP IP Logged
marcello

Guest Group
Guest Group

Quote marcello Replybullet Posted: 18 September 2014 at 9:18am
Originally posted by Caringheart

Originally posted by marcello

Greetings marcello,I don't think hurtful words are the answer.asalaam,Caringheart

Hi Caringheart,

I'm sorry that you find the truth to be hurtful. Do you find my post more hurtful than the holy Quran? Just a few excerpts from that manual of intolerance:

Disbelievers will be burned with fire. 2:39, 2:90

Allah stamped wretchedness upon the Jews because they killed the prophets and disbelieved Allah's revelations. 2:61

Allah turned the Sabbath-breaking Jews into apes. 2:65-66

Kill disbelievers wherever you find them. 2:191

Don't believe anyone who is not a Muslim. 3:73

Don't be friends with non-Muslims. They all hate you and want to ruin you. 3:118

"Those [Christians and Jews] are they whom Allah hath cursed." 4:52

Unbelievers will be tormented forever with fire. When their skin is burned off, a fresh skin will be provided. 4:56

IP IP Logged
Page  of 10 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version