IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Questions about prayer  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Questions about prayer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewMuslimGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Questions about prayer
    Posted: 28 August 2014 at 3:57pm
Assalamu aleykum wa rahmetullahi wa barakatu, I'm learning how to pray and I have some questions...

1) I know that you shall not say "subhanaka" in the second rakat. But how about in the third and fourth rakat?

2) Do you say "at-tahiyatu" in both third and fourth rakat?

3) In which rakats do you say salatul Ibrahima?

May Allah, subhana wa ta'ala, reward those who answer, I seriously need it...

Edited by NewMuslimGuy - 28 August 2014 at 3:58pm
icforumadmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icforumadmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2014 at 4:16pm
Wa alaikum salam warahmatullaahi wabarakaatuh.
Here a video prayer, perhaps much clearer:
NewMuslimGuy View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewMuslimGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2014 at 4:29pm
I can't play that video, akhi...
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2014 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by NewMuslimGuy NewMuslimGuy wrote:

Assalamu aleykum wa rahmetullahi wa barakatu, I'm learning how to pray and I have some questions...

1) I know that you shall not say "subhanaka" in the second rakat. But how about in the third and fourth rakat?

2) Do you say "at-tahiyatu" in both third and fourth rakat?

3) In which rakats do you say salatul Ibrahima?

May Allah, subhana wa ta'ala, reward those who answer, I seriously need it...

As-salaam alaikum. 

1.  You only say subhanaka in the first rakat before Surah Al-Fatiha.

2.  At-tahiyatu is only said in the second and final rakats.  So, for example, in the Maghrib Fard prayer, you would say it in the 2nd rakat and in the 3rd (final) rakat.

3.  Salatul Ibrahim (also known as Durood Sharif) is only said in the final rakat.  So, if you were praying a 2-rakat prayer, you would say it after "At-Tahiyatu" in the 2nd rakat.  If you were praying a 3 or 4-rakat prayer, you would say it after At-Tahiyatu in the 3rd (final) or 4th (final) rakat.

Hope this helps.
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

NewMuslimGuy View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewMuslimGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2014 at 6:18pm
Islamispeace, thank you, your answer was very useful. How about "audhu billahi minash shaitanir rajeem"? Is that one also only said during the first rakat?
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2014 at 10:33am
Originally posted by NewMuslimGuy NewMuslimGuy wrote:

Islamispeace, thank you, your answer was very useful. How about "audhu billahi minash shaitanir rajeem"? Is that one also only said during the first rakat?

As-salaam alaikum. 

Yes, you only say it in the first rakat, after "subhanaka" and before Surah Al-Fatiha.  It is known as "tawwudh".
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic