IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What  is the Anti-Christ in Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is the Anti-Christ in Islam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2014 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by caringheart caringheart wrote:

Do you realize you have just described the life of Yshwe?

When is the dajal meant to appear?

No, it describes the "life" of Jesus as envisioned by anonymous writers who wrote fake gospels about him.

But this is one of the reasons why I think that Christians will be very vulnerable to the deception of the Dajjal because they are only ones who could believe that a man was God!  So when the Dajjal comes, and claims that he is God, guess who is more likely to believe him?  That's right!  Christians! Shocked

You asked when the Dajjal is "meant to appear".  I don't even know what this means.  What do you mean when he is "meant to appear"?  He will appear sometime in the future.  That's all we know.  We have been provided some warning signs of his arrival, but as to "when" it will happen, it's anybody's guess.  It's not like we have an exact date as to when he appears.  LOL

Greetings islamipeace,

How can you say you accept Yshwe as Messiah when you know nothing of what He taught? 
This is a false claim.  (or more accurately, a deceptive claim)

LOL The only deception is coming from you Christians.  You are ones who have used anonymous and often times forged documents to hijack the teachings of Jesus (peace be upon him) and make false claims about him.  Jesus was a monotheist.  He worshiped God.  You have turned him into a god himself!  The deception is in you.

Doesn't Muhammad try to 'come in Yshwe's name'?  He tries to claim Yshwe as one of his prophets... yet he teaches nothing to his people, of what Yswhe taught... he simply uses the name of Yshwe as an attempt to further himself with those who follow Him.

My goodness.  I didn't know it was possible to be this ignorant!  Shocked

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) did not come in Jesus' name.  He came in God's name.  Muhammad also never claimed that Jesus was "one of his prophets".  He said that Jesus was one of God's prophets, one of a long line of noble and righteous men.   

The only one who claimed to be sent by Jesus was the false apostle Paul.  He was the one who simply used the name of Jesus as an attempt to further himself with those who followed him. 

Why did Muhammad never share any of the Word [of Yshwe] (the injil)?
Do you know that the devil flees 'at the name of Yshwe'... or from the Word... from Yshwe?
You should read in the Acts of the Apostles, chapter 19 (specifically Acts 19:15)

LOL Wow, really?  Ooooh, that is certainly impressive!  Did you know that the devil also flees in anguish when he sees a Muslim prostrating to God?  Yes, it's true!  When he sees that, he runs and laments that he will go to hell because he refused to obey God, while the Muslim will go to Paradise because he obeys God.  Alhamdulillah!

And by the way, the Quran does share some of Jesus' teachings:

"When Jesus came with Clear Signs, he said: "Now have I come to you with Wisdom, and in order to make clear to you some of the (points) on which ye dispute: therefore fear Allah and obey me.  "For Allah, He is my Lord and your Lord: so worship ye Him: this is a Straight Way."" (43:63-64)

"And remember, Jesus, the son of Mary, said: "O Children of Israel! I am the messenger of Allah (sent) to you, confirming the Law (which came) before me, and giving Glad Tidings of a Messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmad." But when he came to them with Clear Signs, they said, "this is evident sorcery!"" (61:6)

Paul did not 'oppose all that the Christ has taught and represented'.
Have you ever read any of Paul's teachings?
I keep asking this of muslims.

Don't ask dumb questions.  I have done my research.  I have read Paul's blasphemous "teachings".  Paul is the only one who claimed to be sent by Jesus.  Jesus warned of false prophets who would come in his name.  Who else came in Jesus' name other than Paul?   

Edited by islamispeace - 06 October 2014 at 8:30pm
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2014 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by islamispeace islamispeace wrote:

You asked when the Dajjal is "meant to appear".  I don't even know what this means.  What do you mean when he is "meant to appear"?  He will appear sometime in the future.  That's all we know.  We have been provided some warning signs of his arrival, but as to "when" it will happen, it's anybody's guess.  It's not like we have an exact date as to when he appears. 

Greetings islamispeace,

Is he meant to appear at the same time as the Christ, the Messiah, the Mahdi?  Or must the Christ, the Messiah, the Mahdi appear first?

Greetings islamipeace,
How can you say you accept Yshwe as Messiah when you know nothing of what He taught? 
This is a false claim.  (or more accurately, a deceptive claim)

The only deception is coming from you Christians.  You are ones who have used anonymous and often times forged documents to hijack the teachings of Jesus (peace be upon him) and make false claims about him.  Jesus was a monotheist.  He worshiped God.  You have turned him into a god himself!  The deception is in you.

The question is how can you claim to accept Christ, Yshwe Messiah, when Muhammad taught you nothing of the Word?  This is the deception, making the claim to accept what you know nothing of...
unless you believe of course, as you are told in the qur'an, that the scriptures that came before are confirmed, and you do as the qur'an instructs and go to them... to the people of the Book... to know the Word of Yshwe (the injil).

Ad hominem attacks add nothing to your discussion.

The only one who claimed to be sent by Jesus was the false apostle Paul.  He was the one who simply used the name of Jesus as an attempt to further himself with those who followed him. 

This makes no sense since Paul was the one who was persecuting the ones who followed Yshwe.
(note:  You really should read the whole account of Paul's conversion... there was more than just Paul involved... there was Ananais... book of the acts of the Apostles, chapter 9)

Why did Muhammad never share any of the Word [of Yshwe] (the injil)?
Do you know that the devil flees 'at the name of Yshwe'... or from the Word... from Yshwe?
You should read in the Acts of the Apostles, chapter 19 (specifically Acts 19:15)

Wow, really?  Ooooh, that is certainly impressive!  Did you know that the devil also flees in anguish when he sees a Muslim prostrating to God?  Yes, it's true!  When he sees that, he runs and laments that he will go to hell because he refused to obey God, while the Muslim will go to Paradise because he obeys God.  Alhamdulillah!

Is that written in the qur'an?
not a thing added to the belief by men?

Paul did not 'oppose all that the Christ has taught and represented'.
Have you ever read any of Paul's teachings?
I keep asking this of muslims.

Don't ask dumb questions.  I have done my research.  I have read Paul's blasphemous "teachings".  Paul is the only one who claimed to be sent by Jesus.  Jesus warned of false prophets who would come in his name.  Who else came in Jesus' name other than Paul?   

Good, then maybe you can please tell me what you think that Paul taught that is objectionable.
"Paul is the only one who claimed to be sent by Jesus.  Jesus warned of false prophets who would come in his name.  Who else came in Jesus' name other than Paul?"
This point is well taken, but I still ask you to show where-in anything Paul taught was in dispute with what Yshwe and the earlier scriptures taught.  I think you will find that what Paul taught is very close to what you are taught in islam.

Shukran and salaam,
CH

Edited by Caringheart - 06 October 2014 at 10:59pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2014 at 7:20am

Greetings islamispeace,

Is he meant to appear at the same time as the Christ, the Messiah, the Mahdi?  Or must the Christ, the Messiah, the Mahdi appear first?

The Dajjal will come in between Imam Mahdi and Jesus.  Imam Mahdi will come first, then the Dajjal, and then finally Jesus (peace be upon him). 

This is why I think Christians will be so vulnerable to the Dajjal's deception.  As we have seen throughout history, it is a habit of Christians to label others as "anti-Christ".  It is highly likely that many Christian fanatics will label Imam Mahdi as the "anti-Christ" and then when the Dajjal comes, these people will flock to him, think that he is the Messiah.  In fact, the full title of this evil figure in Arabic is "Al-Masih Ad-Dajjal", the "Impostor Messiah".  Christians could be easily duped into worshiping that abomination because they already worship Jesus!

The question is how can you claim to accept Christ, Yshwe Messiah, when Muhammad taught you nothing of the Word?  This is the deception, making the claim to accept what you know nothing of...
unless you believe of course, as you are told in the qur'an, that the scriptures that came before are confirmed, and you do as the qur'an instructs and go to them... to the people of the Book... to know the Word of Yshwe (the injil).

LOL Fanatics such as yourself can try to misquote the Quran as much as you want.  You are not going to fool anyone except yourselves.  The Quran has a lot to say about Jesus (peace be upon him), as I have already shown.  It mentions some of Jesus' teachings, but the main emphasis is on setting the record straight about his relationship to God.  Jesus (peace be upon him) was a man.  He was a prophet.  He worshiped God.  Do you deny these things? 

Ad hominem attacks add nothing to your discussion.

Well, they make the discussion fun! Tongue

This makes no sense since Paul was the one who was persecuting the ones who followed Yshwe.
(note:  You really should read the whole account of Paul's conversion... there was more than just Paul involved... there was Ananais... book of the acts of the Apostles, chapter 9)

I already know the story.  I also know of the contradictions in the story.  You assume that I haven't done my research.  I am here to tell you that you are the one who needs to do the research.  You have been duped, but in the end, you will have no one to blame except yourself.

The fact remains that Paul was the one who claimed to be sent by Jesus.  Jesus warned of false prophets who would come in his name.  If it wasn't Paul, then who was Jesus referring to?  Who else came in his name? 

Is that written in the qur'an?
not a thing added to the belief by men?

LOL You are so blind, that you don't even see the irony of your statement!  You quoted the Book of Acts as your support for the idea that Satan flees from the mention of Jesus's name, but what is the Book of Acts if not the "belief" of men?  Acts was allegedly written by Luke...a man.  Eureka!

As I have already told you, Muslims believe in the Quran and authentic hadiths.  The belief that Satan runs in grief when he sees a Muslim prostrating to Allah (Glorified and Exalted be He) is found in the latter. 

Good, then maybe you can please tell me what you think that Paul taught that is objectionable.

The main objectionable teaching of Paul was the divinity of Jesus.  That is an abomination, no different than the pagan myths of the gods taking human form.  There are other examples, which I will explain when I have more time.   

This point is well taken, but I still ask you to show where-in anything Paul taught was in dispute with what Yshwe and the earlier scriptures taught.  I think you will find that what Paul taught is very close to what you are taught in islam.

See above. 

If the "point is well taken", yet you still believe that Paul was not a false prophet as Jesus warned, then the question is who were the "false prophets" that Jesus warned would come in his name?  Was it a false prophecy that was erroneously attributed to Jesus, just like the false prophecy that Jesus would return in the lifetimes of the first generation of Christians?
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2014 at 9:02am

The main objectionable teaching of Paul was the divinity of Jesus.  That is an abomination, no different than the pagan myths of the gods taking human form.  There are other examples, which I will explain when I have more time.   

So, here is another example of how Paul contradicted Jesus (peace be upon him) and spread an objectionable teaching. 

According to Revelation 2, Jesus prohibited the eating of food that had been sacrificed to idols.  Addressing the church in Pergamum, it is stated:

"Nevertheless, I have a few things against you: There are some among you who hold to the teaching of Balaam, who taught Balak to entice the Israelites to sin so that they ate food sacrificed to idols and committed sexual immorality. 15 Likewise, you also have those who hold to the teaching of the Nicolaitans. 16 Repent therefore! Otherwise, I will soon come to you and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth." (2:14-16)

Addressing the church in Thyatira, it is stated:

"Nevertheless, I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophet. By her teaching she misleads my servants into sexual immorality and the eating of food sacrificed to idols." (2:20)

So, it is clear that eating food that had been sacrificed to idols was forbidden and the author of Revelation criticized those Christians who did so.  It seems like a pretty clear-cut ruling. 

Yet, Paul felt it necessary to override this ruling!  In 1 Corinthians 8, Paul specificallY allowed his followers to eat such food, but only warned them not to eat around any "weak" Christians who might get the wrong idea:

"So then, about eating food sacrificed to idols: We know that �An idol is nothing at all in the world� and that �There is no God but one.� For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many �gods� and many �lords�), yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

But not everyone possesses this knowledge. Some people are still so accustomed to idols that when they eat sacrificial food they think of it as having been sacrificed to a god, and since their conscience is weak, it is defiled. But food does not bring us near to God; we are no worse if we do not eat, and no better if we do.

Be careful, however, that the exercise of your rights does not become a stumbling block to the weak. 10 For if someone with a weak conscience sees you, with all your knowledge, eating in an idol�s temple, won�t that person be emboldened to eat what is sacrificed to idols? 11 So this weak brother or sister, for whom Christ died, is destroyed by your knowledge. 12 When you sin against them in this way and wound their weak conscience, you sin against Christ. 13 Therefore, if what I eat causes my brother or sister to fall into sin, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause them to fall." (1 Corinthians, 8:4-13)

So, whereas Jesus plainly stated that eating food sacrificed to idols was an abhorrent sin, Paul allowed it.  Is that possibly why the author of Revelation wrote his scathing letters to those churches?  Was it because of Paul that these churches felt that they were allowed to eat forbidden food? Were they misled into believing that they could eat such food, using Paul's reasoning as justification?  Whatever the case was, Paul clearly contradicted Jesus.  Yet, he claimed to have been sent by him.  Is this not clear evidence that he was among the "false prophets" that Jesus had warned about?

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2014 at 10:20am

Greetings islamispeace,

The Dajjal will come in between Imam Mahdi and Jesus.  Imam Mahdi will come first, then the Dajjal, and then finally Jesus (peace be upon him). 

Greetings islamispeace,

How can there be an 'anti-Christ', when there has been, as yet, no Christ?
How can the dajal come before the Christ, the Messiah, the Savior?
Or are you saying that the Mahdi is the Christ, the Messiah, the Savior?
and if the Mahdi is the Savior, then why the need for Yshwe?

asalaam,
CH

Edited by Caringheart - 07 October 2014 at 10:21am
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2014 at 10:59am

This is why I think Christians will be so vulnerable to the Dajjal's deception.  As we have seen throughout history, it is a habit of Christians to label others as "anti-Christ".  It is highly likely that many Christian fanatics will label Imam Mahdi as the "anti-Christ" and then when the Dajjal comes, these people will flock to him, think that he is the Messiah.  In fact, the full title of this evil figure in Arabic is "Al-Masih Ad-Dajjal", the "Impostor Messiah".  Christians could be easily duped into worshiping that abomination because they already worship Jesus!

Greetings islamispeace,

I share your concern that many who think they are Christians will indeed be easily misled when the anti-Christ comes.

Jesus (peace be upon him) was a man.  He was a prophet.  He worshiped God.  Do you deny these things? 

He submitted to the Father, yes... to the Superior part of Himself.  (higher jihad ?)

The fact remains that Paul was the one who claimed to be sent by Jesus.  Jesus warned of false prophets who would come in his name.  If it wasn't Paul, then who was Jesus referring to?  Who else came in his name? 

There have been many seeming to teach in the name of Yshwe, but teaching a different Gospel than the one which He taught.

You are so blind, that you don't even see the irony of your statement!  You quoted the Book of Acts as your support for the idea that Satan flees from the mention of Jesus's name, but what is the Book of Acts if not the "belief" of men?  Acts was allegedly written by Luke...a man.  Eureka!

The book of Acts is not a book of beliefs, it is a recording of events.

As I have already told you, Muslims believe in the Quran and authentic hadiths.  The belief that Satan runs in grief when he sees a Muslim prostrating to Allah (Glorified and Exalted be He) is found in the latter. 

Thank you for the clarification.

The main objectionable teaching of Paul was the divinity of Jesus.

Ahh, but this was the teaching of Yshwe Himself... which muslims refuse to accept...
if it was the teaching of Paul, it is because it comes from the words of Yshwe Himself, as has been shown many times, so I will spare us both by not going over it again. Smile  I already know that you do not see.  (the words of Yshwe are recorded in the Gospels to be read... and the Holy Spirit gives understanding)
If you take issue with the claim of Yshwe to be God, then you must take issue with Yshwe Himself... you must reject Yshwe... it was He that made the claim many times and many ways.
Why were the Jews so offended by Him that they sought to have Him killed?

The easiest way for muslims to support their belief, by rejecting what Christianity teaches, is to try and vilify Paul.  It just isn't correct.

If the "point is well taken", yet you still believe that Paul was not a false prophet as Jesus warned, then the question is who were the "false prophets" that Jesus warned would come in his name?  Was it a false prophecy that was erroneously attributed to Jesus, just like the false prophecy that Jesus would return in the lifetimes of the first generation of Christians?

The false prophets are all those that do not teach the fullness of what is in the scriptures, but teach only the part of the message that suits the 'itching ears'... that teaches what people want to hear... that makes the message palatable so that more people are drawn (albeit falsely) to what they think is faith.
Yshwe's message was not an easy message... in fact
'there were many that turned away' after they heard what He had to say, because they could not accept it.
The apostles' were known to say, 'Master, this is an hard teaching, who can follow it'.
There have been many ministers teaching an easier message because it is what suits the human mind.

asalaam and blessings to you,
CH

Of course, we could both be wrong,
maybe Yswhe was trying to teach a pagan message to Jews...
but then we must reject Yshwe,
and can we reject Him?
Can we really say that He did not bring a needed thing to the world?
Can we say His message was not good?

Edited by Caringheart - 08 October 2014 at 11:28am
Blessed be God forever
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2014 at 11:01am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Greetings islamispeace,

Greetings islamispeace,

How can there be an 'anti-Christ', when there has been, as yet, no Christ?
How can the dajal come before the Christ, the Messiah, the Savior?
Or are you saying that the Mahdi is the Christ, the Messiah, the Savior?
and if the Mahdi is the Savior, then why the need for Yshwe?

asalaam,
CH

Yikes.  Are you paying attention?  I already told you that there is no "anti-Christ" in Islam.  The word "Dajjal" does not mean "anti-Christ.  It means "impostor".  Furthermore, why can't the Dajjal come before Jesus' return?  Jesus will be sent when things have gotten out of hand and the Dajjal has spread his corruption all over the earth.  It makes sense that Jesus would come afterwards to destroy the Dajjal and remove the corruption. 

You must not read your Bible much.  Revelation makes it clear that the "anti-Christ" will come before Jesus' second coming.  It wouldn't make sense if he came after Jesus had already returned. 

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2014 at 11:16am

I share your concern that many who think they are Christians will indeed be easily misled when the anti-Christ comes.

But why?  Is it not that they would nothing objectionable to the Dajjal's claim that he is God, since they already believe that Jesus was "God"?

He submitted to the Father, yes... to the Superior part of Himself.

Yikes.  So, he worshiped himself?  He was a man, a prophet, a worshiper of God, yet you think that he actually "submitted" to himself, but only to the "superior part".  That's the incoherence of Christian theology.

There have been many seeming to teach in the name of Yshwe, but teaching a different Gospel than the one which He taught.

And Paul was one of them.

The book of Acts is not a book of beliefs, it is a recording of events.

But it was written by men. 

Thank you for the clarification.

You're welcome, even though I know I have made this "clarification" elsewhere.

Ahh, but this was the teaching of Yshwe Himself... which muslims refuse to accept...

Ahh, no it wasn't.  It was the "teaching" of false prophets like Paul and other shifty individuals who kept their identities secret and who forged documents to give the impressions that Jesus claimed to be "God". 

if it was the teaching of Paul, it is because it comes from the words of Yshwe Himself, as has been shown many times, so I will spare us both by not going over it again. Smile  I already know that you do not see.  (the words of Yshwe are recorded in the Gospels to be read... and the Holy Spirit gives understanding)
If you take issue with the claim of Yshwe to be God, then you must take issue with Yshwe Himself... you must reject Yshwe... it was He that made the claim many times and many ways.
Why were the Jews so offended by Him that they sought to have Him killed?

LOL What a load of baloney, especially the part in bold.  How convenient it is that only those who have the "holy spirit" will "understand" the incoherent and contradictory Bible. 

The Jews were offended because he claimed to be a prophet of God and the Messiah.  The claim that they were offended because he claimed to be "God" is based on the New Testament accounts, which we know are not reliable. 

Paul invented his own theology, but to give it appeal, he claimed to have received it from Jesus. 

The easiest way for muslims to support their belief, by rejecting what Christianity teaches, is to try and vilify Paul.  It just isn't correct.

And the easiest way for Christians to deceive themselves is to lionize the false apostle Paul.  It just isn't correct.

The false prophets are all those that do not teach the fullness of what is in the scriptures, but teach only the part of the message that suits the 'itching ears'... that teaches what people want to hear... that makes the message palatable so that more people are drawn (albeit falsely) to what they think is faith.
Yshwe's message was not an easy message... in fact
'there were many that turned away' after they heard what He had to say, because they could not accept it.
The apostles' were known to say, 'Master, this is an hard teaching, who can follow it'.
There have been many ministers teaching an easier message because it is what suits the human mind.

Hmmm, that sounds like Paul to me.  When the Gentiles found it hard to become circumcised or to follow the Jewish dietary laws (such as not allowing the eating of food that had been sacrificed to idols), Paul allowed them to forgo these laws.  This is exactly what a false prophet would have done, according to your definition! 

Edited by islamispeace - 07 October 2014 at 11:58am

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic