IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Parents don't approve my love for a Shia  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Parents don't approve my love for a Shia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Favors21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2015 at 5:11am
Im sorry, but I disagree. For one thing I am religious. I've grown up in Islamic schools and have been a hijabi since 8th grade. You have no right to generalize Pakistani Muslims. And it's not haraam to fall in love, since it's an emotion you can't control, what's haraam is if you commit inappropriate actions with that person. I have repented so many times, especially this past Ramadan. I understand you think shias are not true Muslims, but then again you cannot generalize. Like I said this guy I like is more or less the same as Sunnis, just very minute differences, like praying with his arms down and what not. You need to change your mentality about sects in Islam, because there shouldn't be any in the first place. You need to see yourself as Muslim, not even Sunni. This is why there's so much hate going on in Muslim countries. But thank you for giving me your opinion.
Favors21 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Favors21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2015 at 5:15am
Jazakallah everyone for your advice, I'm still waiting at the moment as to what to do... Being put in this kind of situation is so difficult, because I don't want to disobey my parents, but I know this guy will strengthen my iman..
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2015 at 3:48am
The shi'as curse the Sahabi who fought with their lives to give us what we have today of Islam. They revere Ali (RA) more than the Prophet (SalAllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) and they have weird practices such as flailing themselves which is no Islamic.
La Ilaha IllAllah
fais View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2015 at 3:37pm
Dear Sister,

Please do not marry A Shia. To be a Muslim please see below points without which you cannot be a muslim.

1) You must believe on Allah, his Rasool, Farishte
2 You should also believe in the four Guided khalifas Abubaker, Umer, Usman, and Ali.

Please see this vedio from Dr. Israr Ahmed
Shahadat-e-Hussain ka Tareekhi Pas-e-Manzer By Dr. Israr Ahmed [HQ]

When you say that he respects all sahabas but dont accept the sequence in which the khalifas were elected then you he means that Abubaker, Umer, Usman RA were Zalim (Nauzubillah) Common Sister dont be so blind in love that you can accept an abuse from a munafik for the Khalifas whome we respect more than our parents. I tell you what. You cannot trust them. listen to the vedio and reply me please. Plz PLz concentrate on your studies and learn Islam from the books and Quran and not by Being in an Illegitimate relation. No matter what agreemnet you have before marraige, a woman has to surrender oneday to her husbands beleif and believe me you will also have to do that one day if you marry him.

More over he is an Iraqi. This a war effected Area think about your future. incase if u face issue your family cant even reach to you for help. Dont be mad.

Regards
Faisal

Edited by fais - 27 November 2015 at 3:40pm
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2015 at 5:35am
Originally posted by Favors21 Favors21 wrote:

Im sorry, but I disagree. For one thing I am religious. I've grown up in Islamic schools and have been a hijabi since 8th grade. You have no right to generalize Pakistani Muslims. And it's not haraam to fall in love, since it's an emotion you can't control, what's haraam is if you commit inappropriate actions with that person. I have repented so many times, especially this past Ramadan. I understand you think shias are not true Muslims, but then again you cannot generalize. Like I said this guy I like is more or less the same as Sunnis, just very minute differences, like praying with his arms down and what not. You need to change your mentality about sects in Islam, because there shouldn't be any in the first place. You need to see yourself as Muslim, not even Sunni. This is why there's so much hate going on in Muslim countries. But thank you for giving me your opinion.

As I have said, get your parents to have a chat with the likes of me. Do it here on this forum if you like.

Then they will be very happy that you have found a nice muslim man.

Trust me on this one. I'll manage to offend them whilst doing my very best to be nice.

fais View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2015 at 7:27pm
Starnge,

You will get biased opinions, I think you have involved the Shia Boy in this Forum. that really starnge.
yasemin u�an View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yasemin uçan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2015 at 12:13am
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

The shi'as curse the Sahabi who fought with their lives to give us what we have today of Islam. They revere Ali (RA) more than the Prophet (SalAllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) and they have weird practices such as flailing themselves which is no Islamic.

I agree 100 percent.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic