IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Seeking Unity  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Seeking Unity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2014 at 11:48pm
Assalamalecum,because we are way away from Quran that's it.Allah in ch 3 v 103 of Quran that he has bestowed a rope (Quran) on us and asked us to hold it firmly and b not divided.
thuwn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thuwn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2014 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by HafizHanif HafizHanif wrote:

Peace be with you who read this and to you who respond.

I am in search of an answer as to 'why people of the same faith differ in their views?'

Dogma in books that their ancestors cling on. That is just my view, not a dogma. But I am sure I am right.
HafizHanif View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HafizHanif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2014 at 5:44pm
Peace be with you who read this and to you who respond.

I am in search of an answer as to 'why people of the same faith differ in their views?'

I see this phenomenon within each of the three Abrahamic faiths and more obviously between the three and find this quite divisive and not edifying to the Holy One. 

My viewpoint is that God created us all, we are all one big family ( albeit dysfunctional ) and we are all related in some form and fashion ( scientifically and faithfully )... and it seems our upbringing, our religions and our schooling separate us as real relatives and as a people seeking the same God. 

Edited by HafizHanif - 01 August 2014 at 5:45pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic