IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Greetings  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Greetings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote futrattny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greetings
    Posted: 20 November 2005 at 1:58pm

Greetings to all my name is Tiffany, and I am a new muslim. I am happy that this discussion board exists, for it has been a great resource thus far. I would like to know what is the best resource outside of this forum to learn the common practices of Islam. Would it be helpful to locate a local masjid/mosque and ask for help there. I need help with pronounciations, etc. I welcome any info that may be helpful. I need from the bare basics. I  am having information from the website, sent to me, but that may not arrive here for a while yet, so I am just an open book ready to embrace islam, and learn its many facets. I am a law student in Lansing, Michigan, which is near Detroit, and Flint, etc. Please give me any suggestions that may be helpful. I need a mentor also so to speak. Thanks in advance to all.

Tiffany

Edited by futrattny
futrattny View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote futrattny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2005 at 2:07pm
I would also like to say that I am convert, a former Christian, and would like to speak to anyone who may provide insight here also. Please help me.
NEWUSER View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEWUSER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2005 at 10:16am
Hi there, this section http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=6 provides plenty of information; you can also lookup information on google under the term "WHY-ISLAM".. good luck..
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 5:14am

Bismillah,

Tiffany, welcome and Assalaamu Alaykum.  I'd be glad to help you, as the other members here would also.  Have you read The Quran?  The Bible, The Quran, and Science and The Life of Prophet Muhammad are both great books also.

What does t homicide stand for?  Cute law student email name.

Beforeyouknowit.com has  a basic Arabic instruction program for free download.

Many sites offer basic Quran learning at a low fee.  Download the Adhan.  It's great to hear that in your home.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
futrattny View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote futrattny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2005 at 6:55pm

Thank you to all for your responses. I have already found much of your suggestions useful. I am in the process of reading the English translation of the Quran. It is my understanding though that it is best understood in Arabic.

I will look into the other titles listed above.

Oh, T-Homicide (my email adress) is directly related to law school. "T" for Tiffany, and "Homicide' for the crime. It is a long story, but simply stated, it relates to my knowledge of criminal law.

Again, thank you all.

Tiffany

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2005 at 7:16am

Bismillah,

Did you have a nice Thanksgiving, Tiffany?  I studied the law a bit, and find it interesting to contemplate.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khadija1021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2005 at 9:57pm

Assalamu Alaikum

Welcome to the IC forum Sister Tif.  Inshallah you will have a great experience here on IC.  I am a recent revert too.  I am not trying to make you feel bad but I wish you would consider removing your personal e-mail address off the board.  Although IC is an Islamic wed-site, not everyone who visits this site necessarily does so with good intentions.  Inshallah you will not be harassed, but maybe it is better to be safe.  I'm sure many of the Sisters here, including myself, would be more than glad to have contact with you via personal e-mail; however, we usually start out by sending a PM through IC first instead of posting out personal e-mail address in the threads.  Inshallah I didn't make you feel bad or cause ill feelings.  I just hate the thought that you might get harassed.

Allah Hafiz

PAZ,

Khadija

Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2005 at 8:04am
Welcome,If you are not Nadir's 22th name.....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic