IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Twighlight Zone  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Twighlight Zone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Twighlight Zone
    Posted: 24 July 2014 at 4:41pm
I love being in Hebron again, but it's sometimes like in a surreal twighlight zone type world.

Responding to calls at all times of the day from 8 in the morning to 3 in the morning, from people who are being threatened and attacked and beaten... only to find out when you get there that the police and army are on the side of the attackers and the victims are the ones who are ending up being arrested. Then watching the soldiers who are supposed to be there to keep the peace, smirk and swear and threaten you for being a witness to what is happening.

I've seen a kid shot through the hand by a rubber bullet while taking part in a violent clash between rock throwing Palestinian youth and soldiers and being rushed away in an ambulance, and met another kid with only one eye who was shot in the face in May while buying sweets for his family and not taking part in any fighting.

Then every night you hear yelling and chanting and gun shots and explosions from sound bombs as dozens and sometimes hundreds of Palestinian stone throwing youth face off against the army which shoots them through the legs and stomach with live ammunition. They are using the "non-lethal" kind less and less, as the clashes get bigger and bigger. It is senseless, and it repeats itself like a ritual, night after night after night after night. The sirens can be heard non-stop, from like 10 at night to 2 in the morning.

Surreal.

It's almost impossible sometimes to believe the obvious and painful reality that tens of thousands of people live here, and this for them is everyday life.

Please pray for justice, so there can be peace for all people in Palestine and Israel.

If you want to follow my blog from the West Bank, please feel free to read:

www.mighty-stream123.blogspot.com
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2014 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by TG12345 TG12345 wrote:

I love being in Hebron again, but it's sometimes like in a surreal twighlight zone type world.

Responding to calls at all times of the day from 8 in the morning to 3 in the morning, from people who are being threatened and attacked and beaten... only to find out when you get there that the police and army are on the side of the attackers and the victims are the ones who are ending up being arrested. Then watching the soldiers who are supposed to be there to keep the peace, smirk and swear and threaten you for being a witness to what is happening.

I've seen a kid shot through the hand by a rubber bullet while taking part in a violent clash between rock throwing Palestinian youth and soldiers and being rushed away in an ambulance, and met another kid with only one eye who was shot in the face in May while buying sweets for his family and not taking part in any fighting.

Then every night you hear yelling and chanting and gun shots and explosions from sound bombs as dozens and sometimes hundreds of Palestinian stone throwing youth face off against the army which shoots them through the legs and stomach with live ammunition. They are using the "non-lethal" kind less and less, as the clashes get bigger and bigger. It is senseless, and it repeats itself like a ritual, night after night after night after night. The sirens can be heard non-stop, from like 10 at night to 2 in the morning.

Surreal.

It's almost impossible sometimes to believe the obvious and painful reality that tens of thousands of people live here, and this for them is everyday life.

Please pray for justice, so there can be peace for all people in Palestine and Israel.

If you want to follow my blog from the West Bank, please feel free to read:

www.mighty-stream123.blogspot.com

This makes me cry...
the barbarism that still exists...
the brutality and senselessness.
I pray every day for people to see the way to peace.
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2014 at 12:00am
Ya Allah protect them.Ameen.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic