IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The shrine of Jonah  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The shrine of Jonah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The shrine of Jonah
    Posted: 14 July 2014 at 2:13pm
What do people think of the destruction of this Holy place?

The muslim voice seems to be very silent on events taking place in Syria and Iraq.

Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2014 at 6:28pm
The silence is deafening. 
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2014 at 12:41pm
A shrine dedicated to a Prophet is haram. It is considere grave worship.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2014 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

A shrine dedicated to a Prophet is haram. It is considere grave worship.

Greetings Abu Loren,

Isn't the Dome of the Rock, containing the stone believed to bare the footprint of Muhammad, revered as a shrine to Muhammad?

asalaam,
Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 15 July 2014 at 1:38pm
Blessed be God forever
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2014 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Isn't the Dome of the Rock, containing the stone believed to bare the footprint of Muhammad, revered as a shrine to Muhammad?

asalaam,
Caringheart

NO.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2014 at 2:18pm
So everyone feels that it is no issue that this shrine was destroyed?

Would they feel that way if the ka'aba was destroyed...
or any of the shrines memorializing Muhammad?
Blessed be God forever
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2014 at 9:22am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

So everyone feels that it is no issue that this shrine was destroyed?Would they feel that way if the ka'aba was destroyed...or any of the shrines memorializing Muhammad?

LOL

First of all we do not really know where exactly the prophets of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala are buried except Prophet Muhammad (SalAllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam). Even if we do it is haraam to venerate it.

The Kaba'a is not a shrine but the first place of worship built on earth. It is simply a masjid.
La Ilaha IllAllah
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2014 at 9:39am
So it would be ok if the Dome of the Rock were destroyed?
No big deal, since these places are 'not venerated'?
Blessed be God forever
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic