IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Beard Advise  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Beard Advise

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beard Advise
    Posted: 14 July 2014 at 1:18pm
Asalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Dear brothers in Islam

I've been growing a bear ever since I became a Muslim Alhamdulilah but the problem is that it does not grow even and it is kinda curly.

Alhamdulilah all the sheikhs and imams seems to have perfect beards and I just want to know the secret of growing a long and prefect beard. I just want my beard to be even and level. :)

Jazakhallah Khair for any advise.
lady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2015 at 7:16pm
Walaakum Salaam. Alhamdulilah I don't have a beard but I assume hair is hair no matter where it is located on the body. I think that how your hair grows is mainly based on genetics, healthy eating and exercising.   I would encourage you to message your beard in the areas where it is unleveled. Messaging the hair will stimulate hair growth. I don't believe in taking pills or creams that causes hair growth. If you take synethetic products, it could cause enormous hair growth in other areas, such as in your nostrils, ears etc. You could increase your protein intake. Protein strengthens hair and I am sure if your hair is strong then you may lose less strains of hair. Also, you could juice your green vegetables and drink plenty of water. The more healthy you eat and increase your water intake, your body will get rid of its toxins. So therefore, hair growth would be less in stagnation.
Exercising can contribute to enhancing the flow of oxygen and blood throughout the body. As a result, this can help your hair to grow as well.
If you meet any imams or sheiks who have long healthy beards and they don't eat healthy, exercise, etc. They may have strong and healthy beards because of genetics and ultimately Allah has blessed them to have desirable beards.
I don't know if a man's beard can feel dry like your hair on your head may be dry. But if some are placing oils on their beard to cause it to be less dry then they should be careful of not placing too much of it. Too much oils can clog your pores. With clog pores, how can your beard grow long?

Edited by lady - 10 January 2015 at 7:22pm
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2015 at 11:00am
JazakhAllah Khair!

I wasn't expecting a reply from a sis :)

Thank you for the advise but I managed to find out the root problem. I was using cream on my beard and that's why it became frizzy. Now it is good Alhamdulilah and with trimming it that does the trick. Now I feel like a man.
LOL.

Allahu Akbar!
La Ilaha IllAllah
lady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2015 at 2:01pm
Don't underestimate people and alhamdulilah that u feel more manly:)
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2016 at 10:43am
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

Asalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa BarakatuhuDear brothers in IslamI've been growing a bear ever since I became a Muslim Alhamdulilah but the problem is that it does not grow even and it is kinda curly.Alhamdulilah all the sheikhs and imams seems to have perfect beards and I just want to know the secret of growing a long and prefect beard. I just want my beard to be even and level. :)Jazakhallah Khair for any advise.

Just curious and nothing more, why do you feel the need to keep beard? If you think its part of Islam someway, I would be very much interested to know your views on it. Best regards.
adeeliqbal View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adeeliqbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2017 at 1:15am
Beard is Sunnah and a person looks manly. It doesn't matter, hair is curly or straight, it depends on your genes. Important is that you grow the beard and fulfill your Sunnah.
megmega View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote megmega Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2020 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

Asalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Dear brothers in Islam

I've been growing a bear ever since I became a Muslim Alhamdulilah but the problem is that it does not grow even and it is kinda curly.

Alhamdulilah all the sheikhs and imams seems to have perfect beards and I just want to know the secret of growing a long and prefect beard. I just want my beard to be even and level. :)

Jazakhallah Khair for any advise.

1. Eat well, sleep well, and exercise. A diet of protein, vegetables, whole grains, fats, etc. will also promote hair growth and health.
2. Take good care of your skin. Wash your face every morning and evening and exfoliate 1-2 times a month.
3. Proper beard care products. Regardless of whether you use any beard oil or beard cream, pay special attention to the beard being completely rinsed.
Kerim Khan View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kerim Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2020 at 2:48am
Originally posted by megmega megmega wrote:

[QUOTE=Abu Loren]Asalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

This is my beard secret: 
1. Eat well, sleep well, and exercise. A diet of protein, vegetables, whole grains, fats, etc. will also promote hair growth and health.
2. Take good care of your skin. Wash your face every morning and evening and exfoliate 1-2 times a month.
3. Proper beard care products. Regardless of whether you use any beard oil or beard cream, pay special attention to the beard being completely rinsed.

Thank you very much indeed for these tips. Maybe I have not that strong genetic, because I have been struggling with uneven growth and empty spots almost all my life. So my only way out is to visit barbershops which in my country is expensive. At least for working people like me. Common Risks in a Barbershop happen often too. So perhaps with your kind advice the situation will improve.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic