IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Becoming a good muslim  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Becoming a good muslim

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psymwna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Becoming a good muslim
    Posted: 08 July 2014 at 2:13am
Sadly i'm not the best brother in islam at this stage in my life. However i want to become a better muslim and prevent myself of falling into the traps of the temporary worldy desires. I don't read namaz and quran as often as i should. I lack knowledge in areas and my biggest struggle is chasing women or masturbation. I have had sex before marriage but whenever i do these things i regret them after. When i am becoming sexually active my mindset completely changes. I forget about islam and dont care about islam.
Could any brothers offer advice on how i can stop these things and fill up a desire to become a good muslim.
Jazakalllah
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2014 at 11:23pm
Assalamalecum,even I m not a good muslim either its only Allah will tell u what u r on judgement day, this life is for striving to become good as much as u can.brother first make a strong will that u shud offer 5 times namaz in a day anyhow, it shud b top on ur tasks list of the day,then read Quran everyday according to ur capacity especially after fajr because Allah commands us to do so in ch 17 v 78 of Quran, ask for forgiveness to Allah and Allah will forgive u because he is merciful and forgiving.as u strive in the way of Allah, Allah will help u to improve because Allah in ch 29 v 69 says if u strive in way of Allah, Allah will open pathways for u.

Edited by NABA - 08 July 2014 at 11:24pm
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2014 at 3:27am
Originally posted by psymwna psymwna wrote:

Sadly i'm not the best brother in islam at this stage in my life. However i want to become a better muslim and prevent myself of falling into the traps of the temporary worldy desires. I don't read namaz and quran as often as i should. I lack knowledge in areas and my biggest struggle is chasing women or masturbation. I have had sex before marriage but whenever i do these things i regret them after. When i am becoming sexually active my mindset completely changes. I forget about islam and dont care about islam.
Could any brothers offer advice on how i can stop these things and fill up a desire to become a good muslim.
Jazakalllah

Salaam

It's good that you are asking advice here, first of all Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala loves those who repent and return to Him.

The best way to change is to immerse yourself in the Qur'an and learn the meaning of what Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala is saying to us. Then implement the Five Pillars of Islam in your life. This will give you, over time, taqwa In Shaa Allah to be a good Muslim.

If you like youtube then don't watch anything except Islamic programmes. I highly recommend Abdur Raheem Green and Muft Ismail Ibn Musa Menk for inspiration.

I feel that it's virtually impossible to live a good Muslim life in the UK with all the distractions, racism etc.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic