IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Islamic Caliphate Declared  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Islamic Caliphate Declared

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2014 at 2:04pm
A thought comes to mind today.....

We watched Bashar al-Assad bomb the heck out of the cities of Syria, completely destroying them.....
but he is powerless to do anything about ISIS ??

Edited by Caringheart - 14 July 2014 at 2:05pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Reepicheep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2014 at 4:48pm
Caringheart wrote: We watched Bashar al-Assad bomb the heck out of the cities of Syria, completely destroying them..... but he is powerless to do anything about ISIS??

For the most part, ISIS in Syria is attacking moderate Sunnis and is not attacking the Assad government. In fact, I just read one report that claimed that the parts of Syria currently under the control of ISIS were previously all under the control of moderate Sunnis and not Assad.

I think Assad is content to stand by and watch as the various Sunni militias attack and kill each other.

Edited by Reepicheep - 14 July 2014 at 4:51pm
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2014 at 4:18pm
I'm wondering by whose authority ISIS or anybody else can declare a caliphate.  Is there anything in the Quran or Hadith that even talks about a "caliphate"?
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Osterpe View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Osterpe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2014 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

A perfect world would be if the whole world on that map is turned black. The whole world ruled through the Law of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala the Sharia.A perfect world is just a dream.However, I do not support nor condone what IS are doing because what they are doing is oppression. The Prophet (SalAllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) told all believers to fight oppression wherever they find it.

A perfect world would be a peaceful and tolerate civilization without weapons, terror and pressure, where a man and a woman would have a right to be as they will without fear of the other people�s reactions. Where the Christians, Muslims, Jews and all the other religions could live in a peace and all the people would respect each other as they are and as they want to be.

How can it be so big deal if someone is believing in a different way to the higher entity than someone else do? Shouldn�t the way of believing be everybody�s own business if he/she is not harming the other people in his/her religious actions? In fact I don�t know any other so unnecessary reason for warfare, violent actions, murder or imprisonment that the difference in the way of believing in the higher entity.

I mean if someone feels Islam is a right religion for him/her, then he/she has a right to be a Muslim of course. If some feels the same way about Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism he/she should have the same rights. If someone feels that he/she wants to change his/her religion and the way of believing, it should be his/her own business, not anybody else�s, so he/she should have a right to do that change.

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2014 at 10:21pm
Is there anyone that really doesn't see that these actions of ISIS are every bit as vicious as what took place in Rwanda not so long ago?
Is there anyone that does not see this evil?
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
marcello View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marcello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2014 at 12:03pm
So, should the West get involved in fighting ISIS (ISIL, or IS, or whatever they call themselves today)? Or should the West just let Iran take them on by itself?

I suggest the latter option is preferable. That way we could find out who are the right-thinking Muslims, Sunni or Shia.
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2014 at 3:47pm
Too late -- the US is already into their second wave of bombing.

And of course, they will be reviled in the Muslim world for "meddling" in Muslim affairs.  On the other hand, if we wait for Muslim countries to do anything about it we'll all be swearing allegiance to ISIS before long.  It's a no-win situation.

Why can't/don't Muslims control their own radicals?
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
marcello View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marcello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2014 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

Why can't/don't Muslims control their own radicals?

It happens sometimes. Such as with Mubarak and Sisi in Egypt. Or with Ataturk and his followers in Turkey. Or even arguably with Saddam in Iraq. But it doesn't seem to be possible without a dictator.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic