IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - One or ’Two’ Qur’an?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

One or ’Two’ Qur’an?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rehmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: One or ’Two’ Qur’an?
    Posted: 29 March 2005 at 8:59am

Let me begin with my first post on Islamic interfaith � by aknowledging the fact that posting this article and defending the slander against such imminent Muslim scholars as Imam Hassan al-Banna, Sayyid Qutb, Sheikh Qaradawi, and Imam Khomeini � I received �Kufr Fatwa�, and all my previous 200 posts were deleted by a particular Salafi website.

Many Sunni sectarians have been blaming Shi�ites for many centuries for possessing a �parallel Qur�an� � Al-Kafi. In fact, whosoever claims that the Qur�an has been corrupted is an unbeliever according to the consensus of Muslim scholars and must be dissociated from the Ummah. But we should not hurry in accusing people because mere presence of these traditions does not mean it is a belief of theirs, also we should know their methodology concerning the interpretation of what they narrate.

This link explains the views of a Sunni scholar.

http://www.geocities.com/noorullahwebsite/shiites.html

Know your enemy!
No time to waste. Act now!
Tomorrow it will be too late
What You Don�t Know Can Kill You

Aliya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aliya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2005 at 9:33am

shias do not follow a different Qur'an than sunnis (if you need verification please visit http://www.al-islam.org/quran/ which is a shia site and has Qur'an online including in Arabic)

Also shias do not claim other than Qur'an to be 100% sahih. Thus, while there are undoubtedly some weak hadith in the collection of Al-Kafi, shias do not claim them to be sahih, and only follow those that are in line with Qur'an

Rehmat View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rehmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2005 at 10:10am
Originally posted by Aliya Aliya wrote:

shias do not follow a different Qur'an than sunnis (if you need verification please visit http://www.al-islam.org/quran/ which is a shia site and has Qur'an online including in Arabic)

Also shias do not claim other than Qur'an to be 100% sahih. Thus, while there are undoubtedly some weak hadith in the collection of Al-Kafi, shias do not claim them to be sahih, and only follow those that are in line with Qur'an

That was my point dear.

Wa Salaam

Know your enemy!

Aliya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aliya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2005 at 11:33am
I do know  but thought I might briefly summarize the shia view. I too have been discriminated against on websites and e-mails groups because I am shia. It's sad when people would rather believe lies and slander than to search for the true beliefs of the shias by asking shias themselves.
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2005 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Rehmat Rehmat wrote:

Let me begin with my first post on Islamic interfaith � by acknowledging the fact that posting this article and defending the slander against such imminent Muslim scholars as Imam Hassan al-Banna, Sayyid Qutb, Sheikh Qaradawi, and Imam Khomeini � I received �Kufr Fatwa�, and all my previous 200 posts were deleted by a particular Salafi website.

Many Sunni sectarians have been blaming Shi�ites for many centuries for possessing a �parallel Qur�an� � Al-Kafi. In fact, whosoever claims that the Qur�an has been corrupted is an unbeliever according to the consensus of Muslim scholars and must be dissociated from the Ummah. But we should not hurry in accusing people because mere presence of these traditions does not mean it is a belief of theirs, also we should know their methodology concerning the interpretation of what they narrate.

This link explains the views of a Sunni scholar.

http://www.geocities.com/noorullahwebsite/shiites.html

Es_Selam'un Aleykum ve Rahmetullahi ve Berakatuh,

Brother,i apologize;but today my mind is full of work..May i ask you a question?.Is there anyone accused  you while defending these scholars?;also why you were defending them?,because they have strong signs from the holy Qur'an;just talk from the objective references of the holy Qur'an,this is enough for you.My last question to you is this;why Abu Hanifa,Imam Shafii,Imam Ibn-i Hanbal,Imam Malik or Ibn Qatir,Maulana Maududi are not in the list?:),were they talking different from the holy Qur'an...these persons who did absorb Islam are lost their minds,Subhan'Alah;thet are all in dilemma while accusing the persons;they are accusing their hearts;they are suffering from heart pain that attacking to the opposite side..i wish Alla h will guide us to the right path;not mine,not yours;His Path.....

Brother,if i have truly understood your statement;please be cool...because there are some groups in the islam world who mixed islam and their benefits on the same table and they are loving to depending on it instead of breaking the idols;as the Jews do well...if i have truly understood your words,please let me know...you are not the first man in the same situation;the first man in this situation was the last prophet Hz.Muhammed(s.a.v.s.) when He began talking about Tawhid where the believers had mixed the concepts....Wa Salaam....

a note:i am talking about wisdom and tawhid ;not about shia sect...

Edited by Suleyman
Rehmat View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rehmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2005 at 3:14pm

Originally posted by Suleyman Suleyman wrote:

....a note:i am talking about wisdom and tawhid ;not about shia sect...

Asslam-o-Aliakum

Well, they have their hatred for those scholars and Imams - And I have my love and respect for those scholars and Imams. They think that their is only way of Salvation - While I believe, as a Muslim I have to try my best - But my Salvation depends on the Mercy of Allah.

I am honoured to meet and learn from some of personalities flashing on your posting - Sayyid Maududi, Mian Tufail, Khurshid Ahmad - May Allah have mercy on all of them.

I was there when Sayyid Maududi was called 'Shia and Kafr' by Mufti of Deoband - for criticizing some of Hazrat Osman's (as) political action; I was there when Sayyid Maududi was sentenced to death by Pakistani military court for writing a book against Qadiani sect, etc.

I have been hounded by some sectarians for posting biography of Imam Khomeini (ra) - written by a Canadian journalist and posting something which praises the accomplishments of Hamas, Hezbullah and Islamic Iran.

And the list goes on...But I have no complaint, because I spend my time on Internet in the service of my Creator - And hope rewards from Him alone.

Wa Salaam.

Know your enemy!

Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2005 at 8:30pm

Es_Selam'un Aleykum ve Rahmetullahi ve Berakatuh,

Brother,i'll turn back to you after i have turned back from the job;we have got so much things to talk;warm welcome from me to you....Wa Salaam...

Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2005 at 11:08am
brother,keep on the reading the board,you'll find the answers and the  moral...wa salaam...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic