IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional > Middle East
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Peaceful images from Iraq - Oct. 2005  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Peaceful images from Iraq - Oct. 2005

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b95000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2005 at 7:13pm
"Is everything justified on the name of "south side of Manhattan Island" even if there is no link between the two, at all?"

Ahmad, have you satisfied yourself on this point?
Bruce
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 5:18am
Brother AhmadJoyia, where does morality fit in a system where only the bottom lines, results, balance sheets and markets matter?
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 5:23am

Does that include the streets down on the south side of Manhattan Island?  Thanks in advance

I promise you south side Manhattan Island was a direct result of not allowing people to keep their streets. World and events did exist even before 9 / 11.

AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 7:46am

Originally posted by b95000 b95000 wrote:

Ahmad, have you satisfied yourself on this point?Ahmad, have you satisfied yourself on this point?

I have not come across any reliable evidence to support the link b/w the two. Do you have any? On the contrary, kindly listen to what COL. LAWRENCE WILKERSON has also said about the flimsy evidence, the Bush administration had prepared for such a link but failed miserably that they couldn't present it to public "officially" but only through grapevine.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 8:15am

Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

Brother AhmadJoyia, where does morality fit in a system where only the bottom lines, results, balance sheets and markets matter?

O my dear brother, let us face the facts. Personally speaking, I can't compare the ethics and most of the moral values of overall american public within their own society with people of any other nation (including Muslims), in general , when it comes to personal behaviours (of course barring few exceptions here and there). Or one can say, when internal politics are compared. It is this thing, that I wish, someone could export it to others. However, it is totally another story when comparison comes at an international arena. That is, when common ethics and morals needs to be observed globally. It is here that I don't find  americans come close to any such values, which may reflect their sincere attitudes learned and developed at home. It is this place, where selfishness takesover their common sense what to talk of any other ethical value. It is here, that every ethical value is compromised on the name of this "self interest". Let me say, it is at this level, that their democratic principles fall apart. They don't want to be counted as just "one" vote among the nations, when it comes to vetoing every reasonable bill of UN against Israel to stop its illegitimate buidups against Palestinians. It is this moral bankruptcy in its foriegn policy, to support the aggressor against the weak, which oblitirate all its policies, how good they may otherwise be.

Edited by AhmadJoyia
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 9:34am
I did not see the peace in the pics,the children have no shoes at their foots..i don't think that making them slave and giving sweet to them is not representing peace...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 10:28am
My dear brother Suleyman, your observation though valid, is not unique. What if next time someone brings in only those pictures which doesn't have any such apparant deficiency? Would that reflect peace as justification of aggression by allied forces? I don't think so? 
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 10:44am

My dear brother Ahmed,i am coming from an nation choosing to die instead of being occupied;our backgrounds should be same as i know that u are a Paki brother if  i am not wrong please correct if i am....

My views are not unique i am just saying what i feel from my heart,i don't care:"What if next time someone brings in only those pictures which doesn't have any such apparant deficiency? "...we should live if worths(must be worthed with islam and freedom) to live or should die in the name of Allah...take care....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic