IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Prophecy  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Prophecy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quranexplorer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2014 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

I never said that descendants of herdsmen is okay.� I said that even if we assume that's what he meant (which I don't), then the prophecy becomes trivial.� There are descendants of herdsmen all over the world building tall buildings, and have been for thousands of years.� Predicting that descendants of herdsment will build tall buildings is like predicting that the sun will rise tomorrow.� It's not remarkable, it's obvious.

It is quite easy to give some generic unverifiable statement like descendants of herdsmen have been in the tall building business for ages. We have a very prominent example of descendants of herdsmen building tall building in the current middle east billionaires. If descendants of herdsmen have been building tall building all through human history, there should be some other prominent examples too, and some from the olden days immediately after prophet Muhammed (pbuh) should have been more prominent even with the surprise element as they would have been more of herdsmen and less of billionaires.

The prophecy said tall buildings because that would be surprising and remarkable.� There is nothing remarkable about herdsmen building statues, going trekking, etc.

You mean building tall building is the only surprising and remarkable thing? what about going to mars?

They are oil billionaires, not herdsmen.� There are no examples of herdsment building tall buildings, never have been and never will be.

We have already seen it's not logical to look for a literal fit to this prophecy and have also seen so far the oil billionaires of middle east provides the best fit to this prophecy, much better than your suggestion of Pharaohs.

Simply to show that if we assume he meant descendants (which let me emphasize that I don't), then Muhammad was "predicting" something that had already happened.� You're right, it would not be much of a prediction, which is why I don't think that's what he meant.

Like any other issue related to religion, here also you have the choice to accept or reject this prophecy. For a believer, the prophecy has come to pass with such glaring reality and as we have seen there is no logical reason to look for excuses to deny it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic