IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Flat Earth and the Geocentric Universe  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flat Earth and the Geocentric Universe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
Author
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schmikbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2014 at 8:55pm
Wow, I've been gone for a week and I come back to find all this forum space wasted trying to convince someone without the barest understanding of knowledge that he should at least look at evidence. Give it up. Don't confuse him with the facts. He's not interested.
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2014 at 3:27am
Originally posted by schmikbob schmikbob wrote:

Wow, I've been gone for a week and I come back to find all this forum space wasted trying to convince someone without the barest understanding of knowledge that he should at least look at evidence. Give it up. Don't confuse him with the facts. He's not interested.

LOL

schukbob you seem to be a man of reason so can you explain the Sydney to London journey?
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2014 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

schukbob you seem to be a man of reason so can you explain the Sydney to London journey?

You asked essentially the same question couple of weeks ago, and I answered it.  I suggest you go back and reread my answer (or read it for the first time, more likely).  Just substitute airplanes for cannonballs, and adjust the speeds a bit.  Same thing.
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2014 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by schmikbob schmikbob wrote:

Or as they say, you can't reason a person out of a position he didn't reason himself into.

True, but I never write my replies with the expectation of changing the mind of the person who I am addressing.  I am hopeful only of influencing any open-minded person who might be reading the discussion.

Plus I take a perverse pleasure in seeing just how far down the rabbit hole some people will go...LOL

Edited by Ron Webb - 23 June 2014 at 4:57pm
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2014 at 3:47am
If you want to know how fast the universe is spinning around the earth, all you have to do is look up and see the Sun, Moon and the stars are travelling through space. This is real time.

I had the privilege of lying on a beach in Kerala, India and looking up at the star filled sky and watching the universe moving very SLOWLY. :)

Edited by Abu Loren - 24 June 2014 at 4:34am
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2014 at 4:32am
Slowly?

If the earth were stationary and the stars orbiting around it, then even the nearest stars would have to be moving at many times the speed of light.
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2014 at 12:18pm
The moral of the story is your eyes do not deceive you. What you SEE is what is real.

We have been given intelligence, understanding, reasoning, common sense. Alhahdulilah!

So use it.
airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2014 at 12:25pm
Abu Loren
Quote What you SEE is what is real.
Wow, you have seen Allah ?

Airmano
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
  Share Topic