IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Iraq  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Iraq

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Iraq
    Posted: 05 June 2014 at 3:10pm
Is the fighting really about and between Sunni and Shia?
and if so, why?
What is the fighting for?
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2014 at 12:26pm
Thoughts on current events.

Narated By Anas : Allah's Apostle said, "Help your brother, whether he is an oppressor or he is an oppressed one. People asked, "O Allah's Apostle! It is all right to help him if he is oppressed, but how should we help him if he is an oppressor?" The Prophet said, "By preventing him from oppressing others." - Sahih Bukhari Volume 003, Book 043, Hadith Number 624.

Who are the oppressors?  What is oppressive?
Will an islamic state of Iraq be non-oppressive?

Should the U.S. be doing anything to help people in those lands that are being persecuted... i.e., the Christians?

Why are Christians in Jordan not allowed to go to islamic schools?

Does islam bring non-oppression?
Are the people in Iran non-oppressed?

Edited by Caringheart - 18 June 2014 at 12:27pm
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2014 at 3:20pm
more thoughts.....

Why is it so hard for a nation to treat all its citizens equally?

and I see I am repeating myself....
What is the argument, and
Blessed be God forever
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2014 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Is the fighting really about and between Sunni and Shia?
and if so, why?

I have the same questions.  I wish someone would reply to you.  The media just keep reporting on who took what town, how many people were killed, etc.  But nobody can tell us why.

Edited by Ron Webb - 21 June 2014 at 1:34pm
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2014 at 4:00pm
The latest... the shia clerics in Iraq are urging unity of the shia in defeating the sunni insurgency...

I find that I keep asking, why?

In what way is life different for a shia, if a sunni rules, and why?

In what way is life different for a sunni, if a shia rules, and why?

What is it that is so different between sunni and shia?  Isn't it all Islam as layed out in the qur'an?

Why are sunni and shia unable to treat each other fairly and equally, allowing one another to practice in the way that they see fit?  Allowing all religions to practice in the way that they see fit?  Why is this such a difficult thing?  What is the practical conflict?

Edited by Caringheart - 27 June 2014 at 4:02pm
Blessed be God forever
zakir500 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zakir500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2014 at 10:58pm
This fight should stopped.
tahir590 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahir590 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2014 at 5:01am
Yes, This fighting is between Sunni and Shia and USA is also helping in this war.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2014 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by tahir590 tahir590 wrote:

Yes, This fighting is between Sunni and Shia and USA is also helping in this war.

Greetings tahir,

It doesn't answer the questions though... Why?
... the shia clerics in Iraq are urging unity of the shia in defeating the sunni insurgency...

I find that I keep asking, why?

In what way is life different for a shia, if a sunni rules, and why?

In what way is life different for a sunni, if a shia rules, and why?

What is it that is so different between sunni and shia?  Isn't it all Islam as layed out in the qur'an?

Why are sunni and shia unable to treat each other fairly and equally, allowing one another to practice in the way that they see fit?  Allowing all religions to practice in the way that they see fit?  Why is this such a difficult thing?  What is the practical conflict?
Do you have any understanding which I do not?
Shukran and salaam.
Blessed be God forever
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic